Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Valentine Mail

I saw this cute image today at Free Dearie Dolls Digi Stamps and I just had to make a card! 


I used the pre-coloured digi and mounted it on a turquoise scrap, tore the bottom, and added twine.  I decided to make my own backing paper by stamping the sentiment and tiny heart repeatedly in red on a white scrap and then affixed to the card.  I punched three hearts from a turquoise scrap and affixed to the backing paper and then added turquoise heart gems.  Lastly I affixed the image to the card with foam tape.  Here are the supplies I used:
  • Stamps:  Sentiment (Craft Smart), tiny heart (Dollarama)
  • Ink:  Ancient Page - Cardinal         Red Card Base:  Dollarama
  • Cardstock:  Recollections              Heart Punch:  Michaels
  • Twine:  American Crafts               Gems:  Dollar Store
  • Sketch:  Crafting Musketeers       Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug Heart Squares
Crafting Musketeers - Sketch Challenge
MFP Speedy TV - Photo Inspiration
I would like to enter the following challenges:
2 Sisters #155 Anything Goes UE
All Sorts #218 Photo Inspiration - Bright Colours 3E #2
Card and Scrap #59 Anything Goes UE
Crafting Musketeers #4 Sketch 1E
Creative Inspirations Paint Inspired by:  Anything Goes UE
Digitally Sweet Challenges #47 Anything Goes UE
Divas by Design Bingo - I chose Distressing (torn cardstock), Pearls/Gems (heart gems), and Embossing (hearts) 2E #1
DL.ART Challenges August's Anything Goes UE
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #232 Create background paper using stamps 1E
Hobbycutz Card for a Child 3E #1
Just B Creative Crazy Anything Goes UE
Loves Rubberstamps #64 Anything Goes UE
MFP Speedy TV Photo Inspiration (see below - I was inspired by the colours) 5E #2
Papertake Weekly Anything Goes 5E #2
Natalie and Amy's Challenge Celebrate Something (Valentine's Day) 3E #3
Penny's Paper-Crafty #139 Dry Embossing 3E #1
Send a Smile 4 Kids Anything Goes 4 Kids 3E #1
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Air Mail 5E #1
Sister Act Card Challenges #18 Anything Goes UE
The Crafty Bloggers Network Favourite Things (my favourite embellishment is gems) 3E #2
The Crazy Challenge #151 Anything Goes 4E #2
The Pink Elephant TPE#211 Use Texture (embossing) UE
Through the Craftroom Door Aug.6-12 Anything Goes 2E #2
V's Sweet Ideas VSC#14 Something Twine 2E #1
Word Art Wednesday #92 Anything Goes 5E #1

Thank you for looking at my card - I enjoy reading your comments!  Have a wonderful day of crafting!

24 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

A super cute card. I like the image. The red and turquoise look fabulous together. Thanks for entering your card in the Speedy TV
Inspiration challenge.

Allison Cope said...

Super cute card! Love the stamped back ground! Thanks for playing along with our Timeless Tuesday Challenge this week at Flourishes!

Kim B said...

Adorable card! Thanks for joining us at Speedy TV Inspirational Challenge. Please come back again! Hugs, Kim

Unknown said...

I LOVE it! Great and wonderful!!!! Thank you for sharing it with me.
m.e.

Cathy said...

Awesome card! I love Mary Ellen's wonderful images!
You have done a wonderful job!

Cheryl said...

How sweet! Love the stamped panel on the embossed base! Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Background Challenge!

Unknown said...

Kitty this is so cute, and my are you getting ahead, I still have to get my xmas cards done, LOL....love that image and your colours are so much fun xxx

Dan said...

Cute card, what a lot of cards she got! :) Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is just darling! Thank you so much for sharing it in our challenges this week. I always enjoy seeing your super sweet creations and I'm grateful that you share your talents with all of us in blogland. What a blessing!
Have a great week!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday
V's Sweet Ideas

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fabulous thanks for playing at PTW

Stephanie said...

What a great use of scraps!! I like the colors you used and the embossing adds just the right touch. Thanks so much for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, I love the cute image and fabulous embossing
Thank you for taking part in the Papertake Weekly Challenge this week
Sue xx

Unknown said...

Cute image...great take on the sketch and photo inspiration, too!
Thank you for joining us here at SAS4K.

Wendy L said...

I agree, a lovely image, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxx

Denise Pustelniak said...

What fabulous card!
Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

Mummylade said...

Gorgeous creation! Thank you for joining our challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!

theCook said...

That's cute... However concerning your entry in the Hobbycutz challenge, I don't really see how a Valentine's card should be considered as a "for a child" card?

KT Fit Kitty said...

Thank you - I appreciate your feedback. I give Valentine cards to all my nieces and nephew - they are 4, 8, 10, and 12. Haven't decided which niece this one will go to, but that's who I made the card for - so definitely for a child. Looking at the card, I would not give this to an adult.

Paper Panda said...

Fab Card! Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge.
Mandy x (PPCC DT)

Sannekreativ said...

Hvor er det bare et super flot kort.

1000 tak for at du deltager på udfordring på Card and scrap.

DT Sanne

Lydia said...

thank you so much for sharing this gorgeous creation with us over at Loves Rubberstamps xxxx

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, I love the cute image and wonderful choice of colours the blue compliments the red beautifully. Thank you for joining us for the Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge.

Sylv xx
Crafty Bloggers Network DT

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Oh how I just adore that background! THanks for joining us at V's Sweet Ideas!
Lisa

Ger said...

Very sweet card! Lovely image and colours. Thankyou for joining us this month at Crafty Bloggers Network
Geraldine M
CBN DT