Friday, August 9, 2013

Triangle Kitty

I was inspired by five challenge themes in making this card: 
  1. triangles
  2. recycle
  3. air mail
  4. furry friends
  5. black and white plus one colour 

I stamped French script in grey on green cardstock and affixed to a white card base.  I stamped the sentiment in black and affixed a die-cut border, adding a thin black strip to highlight the triangles.  I stamped the kitty (which I see as a bit triangular) in black on white cardstock, coloured with pencils, fussy-cut, and affixed to a green panel with foam tape.  I added a triangular postage stamp (air mail theme) and layered the green panel to black and green cardstock, along with two triangular pieces of patterned envelope (this is my recycled item, as well as the postage stamp).   Here are the supplies used:
  • Stamp:  Kitty (Hero Arts C4331 Happy Cat), sentiment (Sunshine Design), French script (Stampin' Up)
  • Ink:  Stampin' Up Going Grey, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Coloured Pencils:  Prismacolor
  • Die:  Spellbinders Classic Edges One
  • Cardstock:  Stampin' Up, Recollections      White Card Base:  Domtar
I would like to enter the following challenges:
A Blog Named Hero #29 Recycle, Reuse, Recycle (postage stamp and patterned envelope, used HA stamp) UE C5
Card Makin' Mamas CMM73 Black, White, plus 1 colour (mine is green) 2E #2
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Air Mail (postage stamp and patterned envelope) 5E #2
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Triangles (lots of triangles in this card) 5E #1
The Crafter's Café #23 Furry Friends and/or Friendship (kitties are my furry friends) 3E #3

 
Thank you for looking at my card - I enjoy reading your comments!  Have a wonderful day! 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Another fabulous card Kitty, so cute and love the layout, love and hugs my dear friend xxx

fiction book reviews said...

Aww what a fun card

Thankyou for joining us at TCCCB this week
Zoe x
Handmade with lots of Love - come and follow me :-)
Co-Owner of at Creative Fingers

Heather said...

A fabulous card, a lovely design and colours. I love how you have incorporated the triangle and such cute image!!

Thanks so much for joining at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Neat card! :)

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Wow! You are so clever to have pulled in all of those themes into one cohesive card! The kitties made me smile and I love the whimsy and sophistication of your piece. Great work and we are so glad that you shared your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

Debs said...

Such a cute card, thanks for joining us at TCCCB this week.
Hugs Debs

Ardyth said...

I love the contrast between the two cats and the use of that cool, calm green! Thanks so much for joining us at A Blog Named Hero!