Sunday, August 18, 2013

Glitter n Sparkle Challenge - Anything But a Square

Hello - I hope you are enjoying your weekend!  It's Sunday and that means it's challenge time over at Glitter n Sparkle Challenge Blog.  The theme this week is Anything but a Square - this was a challenge for me because I always make squares or rectangles, so I really had to think about it.  I decided to step outside my comfort zone, and for the first time ever, I have made a circular easel card.  I had to Google for tutorials, and I'm pleased to say it wasn't that difficult. 



I was lucky enough to receive this adorable kitty digi called "Chuck" from Sandi's Samples - isn't he cute - you all know that I adore cats so I was tickled pink to receive this image.  I coloured the kitty with pencils and used paper-piecing for the rest of the image, so I printed Chuck on four colours of cardstock and did a lot of fussy-cutting.  I used my circle and eyelet circle dies to make the easel card, and I embossed the circles with tiny bubbles (I thought that would go along with the bottle on the box, LOL).  The sentiment is from Doodle Pantry called Kitty Bouquet, which I die-cut into an oval and mounted on another oval.  Lastly I embellished with die cut vines and flowers.  Here are the supplies used:
  • Digistamp and Sentiment:  Described above
  • Cardstock:  Recollections
  • Coloured Pencils:  Prismacolor
  • Dies:  Spellbinders Eyelet Circles, Nellie's Multiframe Circles and Ovals, Memory Box Geneva Vine and Cheshire Branch Outline
  • Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles 
I hope you will play along with us at Glitter n Sparkle - we have some great prizes up for grabs:

Digi Darla - 5 images from store
Sandi's Samples - 4 images from store
The Stamping Chef - 3 images from store

I would like to enter this card in some of my favourite challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge #93 Punch it Out (punch or die - I used several dies) UE
Allsorts #220 Use your new stash (the vine and flower dies are my newest stash, lovingly purchased  for me by my BF - thank you, Brian) 3E #1
Annabelle Stamps Colour Challenge AC169 (see below) UE #1 C7
Cards Galore August Bingo - I chose Sentiment, Die Cuts, and Embossing UE
Pile It On #33 No Designer Paper
Sweet Stampin' Bold and Beautiful 2E #1
Word Art Wednesday #93 Anything Goes with Uplifting Sentiment 5E #4


 
Thank you for looking at my card - I enjoy reading your comments.  Have a great day!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Super card Kitty, love the warm Autumn colours you have used here, love and hugs xx

lostinpaper said...

How wonderful! Love how you have added all those fab die cuts.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

A Consuming Passion said...

Such a pretty little easel card....Thanks for sharing with AnnaBelle Stamps

brenda said...

Very pretty indeed Kitty.

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Unknown said...

I remember making my first circle easel card. Yours is much kittier or I should say prettier than mine was. Every time I hear fussy cut I shudder although I so enjoy sitting doing it. Great card.
Thank you so much dropping in with your art today. We hope you come back next week.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Oh wow! So glad you went out of your comfort zone, because this card is amazing!!! Gorgeous!

Debbie said...

Thank you for showing us your card this week at Sweet Stampin', good luck. Debbiex

Kelly Lloyd said...

Beautiful bright creation. Thanks for joining us at a gem of a challenge and good luck
Hugs Kelly DT

Unknown said...

This really is a bold and beautiful card! I love how well the colours go together. Thanks for joining the Sweet Stampin' Challenge & good luck!
'Shell
http://shellscardhaven.blogspot.ca

Helen said...

Awww...such a sweet card!
Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
Helen x

BethieJ said...

LOVE your card, and that color combo is PRETTY!
Thank You for joining us last week at PIO! Have a GREAT day!