Friday, August 2, 2013

Leaves and Trees

I made this card for my Dad.  I know there is ribbon on it, but it's black so I don't think he'll mind.  I don't make many 4" x 9" cards so this was a bit different for me. 


For this card, I stamped the trees in black on kraft cardstock.  I trimmed five squares from a green paint chip and stamped leaves on each square and then mounted on a shaped black piece that I traced from a template.  I got the design from an old "Take Ten" or "Stamper's Sampler" magazine.  I love those old magazines for inspiration!  Here are the supplies I used:
  • Stamps:  Trees (Stamp a Mania), leaves (Anita's, Whispers by Sugar Loaf Products, Stamp Craft)
  • Ink:  StazOn Jet Black and Versafine Onyx Black
  • Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (kraft)
  • Ribbon:  Dollarama
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Card and Scrap #59 Anything Goes UE
Crafting by Designs Anything Goes UE
Creative Inspirations Paint Inspired by:  Anything Goes UE
DL.ART August Anything Goes UE
Just B Creative Crazy Anything Goes UE
Kaboodle Doodles #182 Anything with Ink or Paint (I used ink) 3E #2
Loves Rubberstamps #63 Skinny Cards 4" x 9" UE
Party Time Tuesdays #131 Anything Goes 3E #2
Pile It On #30 Anything Goes UE
Scrapbook Stamp Society #12 Anything Goes UE
Scrappy Moms Stamps The Great Outdoors UE
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes 5E #2
Sister Act Card Challenges #18 Anything Goes UE
The Crafter's Cafe Challenge #22 Anything Goes 3E #1
The Male Room #1 Anything Goes UE
The Pink Elephant TPE210 Masculine UE
Through the Craftroom Door Anything Goes 2E #2

Thank you for looking at my card - I so enjoy your comments.  Have a wonderful day!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

OH I do like this Kitty, fabulous layout hun xxx

Sandy said...

Nice card! Thank you for joining us at Party TIme Tuesdays. We hope you will join us again next week. Good Luck!

DIANA L. said...

Great card pretty design
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes August Linky Party
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Elizabeth Hart said...

I really love this card - very unusual and catches your eye! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge

Lin said...

I know your Dad will love your card! Love the trees and leaves! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Wednesday challenge!

KarinsArtScrap said...

It's a beautiful card that you have made for your dad.

Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

Greetings Karin DT Member

Rocky said...

I'm sure your Dad will love it, what's not to like about trees, great job. Thanks for joining us at The Male Room.

Dangina Martinez said...

Stunning design. Love the fantastic images and layers. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Loves Rubber Stamps. Good Luck and a Great Big Hug, Dangina

Anne Bente said...

Hvor er det bare super flot.

10000 tak for at du deltager på Card and scraps udfordring,

knuzzzz♥

Kaija said...

Fantastic card!Thank for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.Hope to see again next week and good luck!
Greetings Kaija DT-member

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so fabulous. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Bev said...

What a great card, I'm sure your Dad will love it. I love the squares that add that extra bit of interest and dimension.

Thanks for joining us at The Male Room

Bev :)

Laura Love said...

This is such an awesome design! I love how you used the paint chips that is very creative and gives it a great pop of color! Your Dad will treasure this! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week! Hope you play along with us again soon!

Ceal said...

love your design! Thanks for sharing with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week, hope to see you again soon!

Sannekreativ said...

Hvor er det bare et super flot kort.

1000 tak for at du deltager på udfordring på Card and scrap.

DT Sanne