Monday, August 26, 2013

Owl Always Love You

Today I made a masculine card - for my honey.  He's been feeling down lately, and I'm hoping this will lift his spirits.

 
I used a fabulous freebie digi and sentiment from Beccy's Place (thank you, Beccy), which I coloured with Prismacolor pencils and mounted on brown cardstock.  I started by covering a white card base with brown cardstock and then layering coordinating patterned-paper panels according to the sketch by C.R.A.F.T. Challenge (see below).  I affixed the image and sentiment with foam tape and embellished with a feather, four buttons tied with twine, and a feather charm tied with ribbon.

I would like to enter the following challenges:
2 Sisters #158 Square Cards UE
A Gem of a Challenge Anything with a B (bird, buttons, bow) UE
Beccy's Place Anything Goes with Beccy's Place Image UE
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #221 Sketch
Card and Scrap #59 Anything Goes UE
Card Mania #28 Ribbon 3E #1
Craft-room Challenge Something New (the feathers are brand new, opened the package to make this card) 3E #3
Crafty Ribbons #58 Anything Goes with Ribbon 5E #1
Creatalicious #54 For the Boys (this is for my man) UE
Creative Corner Challenges Cute Critters 3E #3
Creative Inspirations Paint Inspired by:  Anything Goes UE
DL.ART Challenges August's Anything Goes UE
Eureka Stamps #54 Be Sentimental 3E #1
Inky Impressions IIC#122 Masculine UE
Just B Creative Crazy Anything Goes UE
Kaboodle Doodles #186  Season of Fall or Fall Colours (fall colours) 3E #1
Let's Craft and Create #77 Animal Antics UE
Little Red Wagon #199 Layers (lots of layers here) UE
Loves Rubberstamps #66 Round or Square Cards UE
MFP Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge #25 Like a Lodge (see inspiration photo below) 5E #1
Pile It On Designer Paper UE
Red Carpet Studio RCS#51 We Bought a Zoo - Card with Animal (there is an owl at our local zoo) UE
Sister Act Card Challenges Cards Only Anything Goes UE
Tammy's Scrapin Corner #77 Anything Goes 2E #1
The Cheerful Stamp Pad #67 Your Choice 2E #1
The House that Stamps Built DCC814 Things with Wings UE
The Squirrel and the Fox #51 Spring or Autumn (this card reminds me of Autumn) 2E #1
Totally Gorjuss #198 Bows UE
Victorine Stamps #66 Wedding or Love UE

MFP Speedy TV Photo Inspiration
Like A Lodge
Thank you for looking at my card - I enjoy your comments!  Have a wonderful day of crafting!

28 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh how adorable!!! I love these owls and the fabulous card design. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

DIANA L. said...

This is wonderful the owls are so sweet. I love it.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes August Linky Party. Have a great weekend my friend
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

wannabcre8tive said...

Awww, what a sweet card, I love it. The image is so cute, as is the sentiment. The colors are really pretty. Your husband will love it. Thanks, so much for joining us in the Speedy TV Inspiration challenge.

Mayras Designs said...

Love the way you placed the papers in the background great colors !! Thank you for joining us at Pile it On Challenges !

Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Marcy said...

Beautiful card & great layers! Thanks so much for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

Mervi said...

Lovely card with cute image.
Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge, good luck;-))m

Unknown said...

Thank you for your entry in the crafty ribbons challenge, it's lovely
P x

Mandy said...

Kitty, this is so sweet, what a fab image and I love the buttons and charm.

Gail said...

Great job with the freebie - she has a ton of freebies - I have them all - took me hours to download but I got them last year and now I have a nice collection!Thank you for entering Beccy's Place August Challenge - I wish you the best in the win! Have a wonderful week! Gail GDT

Debi said...

Great male card :) thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room challenge, Debi x

Beccy said...

Fabulous card Kitty, I hope it makes your man smile. I love the buttons tied with twine, they're a great touch, and I also like the colours you chose, which are perfect for the owls.
Cheers,
Beccy

Unknown said...

this made me smile, Kitty, I do love owls, this is superb hun, and hope it cheered your "man" up, love and hugs xxx

Sheryl said...

This is fabulous. Your design and colouring showcase the image beautifully. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week. Hugs Sheryl xx

Kathy Bradley said...

Your card is so very adorable and all the elements set off the darling owls! I bet this will give your honey a big smile! Thanks so much for joining us at SpeedyTV's Inspirational Challenge and we sure hope to see you again very soon.!

sharon said...

Adorable card, I just love owls what a great idea with the feathers. Good luck in the challenge and I hope you'll pop over to CRAFT tomorrow and join in our next challenge. Sharon x

cebelica said...

Such a beautiful card. I love the owls and how you used buttons. Great idea! Thanks for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fantastic card love the owl image and feather embellishments and great papers-thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T
Carol (GDT-Aug) x

Hazel said...

What a sweet card. Thank you for sharing for The Cheerful Stamp Pad 'free choice' challenge, Hazel, Cheerful stamp pad DT. x

Anonymous said...

absolutely adorable...owls are sooo cute

and those details are fab

Thanks for taking part at Creative Corner Challenges


Love Melxxx

Debora said...

So adorable! Such a fabulous card...thanks for joining us this week at Tammy's Scrapin' Corner.

The Gov. said...

This is a GREAT fall card! Thanks for joining us on the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog!

Barbara Godden said...

Adorable image and fabulous card, thanks for joining us at the Cheerful Stamp Pad for the Your Choice challenge.

Zella said...

Love all the "nature" items - very nice! Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps!
Blessings,
Zella

Crafting Vicky said...

ohhh so fun. Totally adore the layout and the great embellishments.

Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

hazel said...

A super cute card, thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

MagsB said...

This is just gorgeous, I love your colouring and papers, they have such a lovely autumnal vibe! I'm sure your honey has been cheered up by your lovely creation! Thanks for joining in at The Squirrel and the Fox!

love Mags B x

Ani said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for playing along at Card Mania! Good luck! And hope to see you join our next challenge on Monday! Ani

Bettina L. said...

What a fab male owl card in a monochrome design. Love the added feather charm and buttons too. Thanks for playing at Creatilicious Challenges last month and sorry for my a bit late comment. Still hope to see you back this month for our school challenge. Bettina DT Member at Creatilicious Challenge xx