Friday, October 6, 2023

Say Hello to Sweet Pea

Hi, everyone!  I'm back again to give another report for Day 4 of the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge.  For Game #1 Jo has asked us to do a Kitty Roll Call, and it's a space for us to share a little about the cats in our lives, past or present.  (Please scroll back for my earlier post today.) 

I am excited to share that we have a new kitty!  Yes!!!  In July, Brian and I welcomed a new furbaby into our home. Say hello to Sweet Pea!  She is a 3-year-old grey tabby, and we adopted her as an adult cat from the local animal shelter.  She has been a joy in our lives ever since!  


Sweet Pea has the softest fur, and she loves to be brushed.  She is a talkative girl and trills throughout the day.  It's so cute to hear her trilling!  Her other hobbies include eating, playing with her toy mice, and sitting on her scratch pad.  She also happens to love it when I sing to her!  Finally someone who appreciates my singing voice haha!  I sing a special song to her that I made up, and she relaxes immediately.  Sweet Pea was extremely nervous when she arrived here but has settled down considerably.  She is still on alert and likes to know where we are at all times.  We don't know anything about her past, but we love her so much!

Here are some more photos of our precious Sweet Pea:




Do you have any cats?  We would love to hear about them.  Head over to Day 4 of the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge!

Thank you for being here!  Wishing you a joy-filled day!

13 comments:

jimlynn said...

Sweet Pea is so very pretty!! She'll be a great cat and so glad you got another one. She's precious.
Lynn

Donna said...

Sweet Pea is adorable!! I enjoyed your pictures.

Alyson Mayo said...

Kitty, I’m so glad you are back in blogland! I’m sure Sweet Pea is loving life with you and Brian, just as your previous cats did! She is super cute :)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I'm very happy to meet Sweet Pea! Such beautiful and precious kitty! You have done so well to take another cat to fill the big hole in your home and I'm very glad to know that you adopted her from a rescue centre. Adult cats are hardly adopted, and she deserved a chance for being loved!!
Certainly she is a joy for you! How fun that she trills to you and you sing to her!
She has a fabulous fur and her round face is just adorable! Her beautiful eyes are a little worried, but I’m sure that as soon as she realizes she’s not being sent away, she’ll relax!
Big hugs and love, dear Kitty!

Debi said...

Congratulations to Sweet Pea! She could not have found a better home!

A few weeks ago, my grandson-in-law found a really tiny kitten sleeping between the double tires of a tractor trailer where he works. He called my granddaughter who went and picked it up, and had it vet checked and then took it home until they could find a home for it. It was only 4 weeks old and she had to feed it 7 times a day. Gaby, my granddaughter, told her 3 daughters that they were not naming it because they were not keeping it. One day 2 1/2 yr old Luna announced that she was going to call it Ed. For the entire day, Luna called it Ed. Her mother has no idea where Luna got the name Ed. The next day it was just baby kitty again. Now it has gone to live permanently with one of their friends. I wonder what they named it.

papierelle said...

Oh how pretty she is!!!! And I'm very happy for you that a new kitten has conquered your heart!!! Enjoy your time with her!!

Lena said...

Sweet Pea was a lucky kitty to have found you. I know that as much joy as she brings to you, you return it in kind. She is beautiful and I wish you many joy filled years together.
Have a wonderful day.
❤Lena
Lena’s Creations

mandysea said...

Oh my my, sweet, sweet Sweetpea! I'm so happy you and Brian have welcomed a new kitty into your home and one that so very much needs it. I've only ever had rescues and they need us so much and give us so much in return. Its wonderful Sweetpea has settled in well and obviously knows she is at last 'home' with people who love her! What a wonderful outcome for all of you xx

Denise Bryant said...

Sweet kitty! She's so pretty!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Congrats on the new kitty, so beautiful!!

Barbara Godden said...

Congratulations on the adoption of Sweet Pea it's always exciting when an adult cat gets chosen. Lover her pictures she us quite adorable and photogenic.

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Oh my goodness Kitty! SweatPea is Gorgeous!!! She has so much personality in her eyes; what a beauty!! She looks super soft too; that is awesome that she likes to be brushed. Give her lots of pets for me! Congrats on your new family member! Much love and hugs to you all!

Fikreta said...

Sweet Pea is super cute!
I have 4 cats but Im sure you alredy know that :D
hugs