Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I Love You Kitties

I made another card for my honey!  The card I made yesterday really cheered him up so I thought I'd make another one.  I mentioned yesterday that he's been feeling down lately.  He does love my cards - he's my biggest fan - so I know this one will put a smile on his face when he gets home from work tonight. 


This time I tried a technique called Stained Glass on Vellum that I saw at MFP Speedy TV - I'm not sure if I did it correctly but it's my best shot at it.  I stamped the kitties and heart on vellum, coloured with pencils, and affixed to polka-dot patterned paper that I mounted on black cardstock.  The heart stamps says "I Love" so I wrote "You!" with a fine black marker.  I then affixed that panel to a glittery brown polka-dot patterned paper that I mounted on black cardstock, which covered a white card base.  I embellished with two wooden polka-dot hearts and some heart-themed decorative tape.  Here are the supplies used:
Hero Arts - I Love My Cat
  • Stamps:  Cats (Crafter's Companion Tale of Tom Kitten set - see below), heart (Hero Arts CL135 I Love My Cat set - see below)
  • Ink:  StazOn Jet Black                          
  • Coloured pencils:  Prismacolor
  • Patterned paper, cardstock:  Black cardstock and both polka-dot papers are Recollections
  • White card base:  Domtar
  • Vellum:  Unknown/unmarked from my stash
  • Black marker:  Staedtler
  • Decorative tape:  Loblaws
  • Wooden hearts:  Dollarama
Crafter's Companion
Tale of Tom Kitten
I would like to enter the following challenges:
A Blog Named Hero #30 Victorious Vellum (must use HA product) UE C5
Crafter's Companion August Challenge - Animals UE
MFP Speedy TV Tutorial Time Stained Glass on Vellum 5E #1
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Dotty (lots and lots of dots here) 5E #2
Victorine Stamps #66 Wedding or Love UE
 
 
 Thank you for looking at my card - have a wonderful day!  I enjoy reading your comments!

10 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Love your card!!!So very cute!!!

Dan said...

Those cats are so cute! That stained glass technique looks interesting too. Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Sue McRae said...

Cute kitty card. I'm sure your "honey" will love it. Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero.

Unknown said...

Well actually Kitty, I think I might be your biggest fan, lOL..this is fabulous hun, and so glad you can cheer you man up with a card...xxxx

Jane said...

What a cute "Kitty Card"!!! Great job!!!
Thanks for joining us this week at TTSTV.

Laine said...

Such a sweet kitty card. Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us this month at Crafter's Companion Challenge.
Laine
xx

Anonymous said...

I think it is totally darling! Thanks for playing with us this week at TTSTV! I am sure it will put a smile on your husband's face!

Lagene said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us on TTSTV this week for the stained glass on vellum challenge!

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

I didn't know you could color on vellum like that. How neat! I have the Love My Cat set, but not the Tom Kitten set.
I bet your honey loved your card! It is so sweet! :)

Bad Kitty said...

sweet card