Friday, October 6, 2023

Rest in Peace, Honeydew

Hello, everybody.  Today is Day 4 of the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge, and Jo has asked us to do a Kitty Roll Call - Game #1.  This was an activity at Janis's annual Cat Lovers Hop that we all enjoyed, and I am so glad that Jo has continued it!  Please go over and tell us a little about the cats in your life. You may wish to share about any kitties that you've lost since the last Cat Lovers Hop. Some of you might not have any kitties at home anymore, so we would love to read about the cats you've had in the past.

I am late sharing this sad news, but we had to say good-bye to the last of our three kitties, our sweet boy Honeydew, on May 30.  He lived a long life, 18 years and 8 months, but we wish he could have lived forever.   He loved to be brushed, cuddled, carried around, and especially enjoyed belly-rubs.  He had an outgoing personality and would curiously greet all visitors, hoping for an extra head scratch!  In later years, he became a "couch potato" who loved watching TV, preferably shows about birds, mice, and squirrels.  Aside from being a good eater, he also enjoyed his catnip and Laxatone.

After losing his littermate Kiwi in 2020 and then his sister Snowie in 2021, Honeydew ruled the house and became even more spoiled and pampered than before.  We still talk about our departed kitties every day, as we have so many funny and fond memories.

Here are some photos of our precious boy Honeydew, who was a bright light in our lives for so many years.  We miss you, Honeydew; rest in peace.  You are now with your brother Kiwi and sister Snowie, but will be forever in our hearts.







Sept 2004 to May 2023
RIP Honeydew 

Our kitties definitely leave pawprints on our hearts.  Wishing you a peaceful day!

10 comments:

jimlynn said...

So sorry to read about Honeydew. It's so hard losing a pet. I know y'all will have so many good memories though.
Pretty kitty!
Hugs, Lynn

Donna said...

I was wondering about Honeydew, so sorry for your loss.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Here I am, dear Kitty. Forgive my delay in commenting on this important post. I cried reading about Honeydew’s death, and I feel so so sorry for you and Brian, I know how much you both loved him and also his brother Kiwi and sister Snowie who reached the rainbow bridge before him. Pets life is always too short for us.
Rest in peace, Honeydew.
Biggest hugs ever, dear friend!

papierelle said...

So sorry for your lost.
He was a great guy and I had to laugh a lot at the photo with all the remote controls. Now I know who was in charge of your TV... *LOL*
We lost our Kasimir in May this year. He was 13 years old. He didn't come home like he did every morning. After a while I started looking for it and found him in my husband's workshop. There he liked to sleep in a wooden box. He lay there, dead. He must have fallen asleep in the early hours of the morning. It was a huge shock for us because nothing had suggested this. Now we have still Willy and Emma, his children.

Lena said...

Oh Kitty, I'm so sorry for your loss of Honeydew. I'm sure you have many fond memories as indicated in the photos you shared. No matter how old they get, it's just never long enough and we always feel that they left us too soon. Loved reading your Rainbow Bridge poem. It's comforting as I thought of my departed pups.
Big hugs,
❤Lena
Lena’s Creations

mandysea said...

Im so very very sorry to hear about the loss of honeydew. I remember reading about him in previous years, and Kiwi too. Its just soooo very heartbreaking. I never thought mine would mend after losing Blackie in 2018, and it took a full year for me to finally feel like I could welcome another kitty into my home (Yassi). My heart goes out to you, they never truly leave us. Very very big hugs xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Condolences on Honeydew's passing - always hard to lose a furry family member!

Barbara Godden said...

So sorry for your loss of Honeydew he had a good life. His pictures are adorable.
Hugs

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

So sorry again about Honey Dew! What a beautiful boy!
We are still missing Mickey; just hoping and praying that he is living with someone and they are being extra good to him!

Fikreta said...

Im so sorry Kitty.
Its heartbreaking when our furry friend leave us.
hugs