Monday, August 19, 2013

Thanks for Being There

Here's a thank-you card I made for someone special...



I coloured a white card base with green cardstock and rounded the corners.  On lighter green cardstock, I stamped a tall-grass background in green and the sentiment in black and rounded the corners.  For the image, I stamped Garden Cat on vellum, coloured with pencils, rounded the corners, and attached to the card with eyelets.  Lastly I embellished with three purple flowers, attached with gem-filled brads.  Here are the supplies used:
  • Stamps:  Garden Cat (Hero Arts F716), sentiment (Inkadinkado), tall-grass background (Stampin' Up! Inspired by Nature)
  • Ink:  StazOn Jet Black, Stampin' Up! Certainly Celery
  • Cardstock:  Recollections, Stampin' Up
  • Vellum, flowers, brads, eyelets:  Dollar Store
I would like to enter some of my favourite challenges:
A Blog Named Hero #30 Victorious Vellum (must use HA product) UE C5
Emma's Cards UK  Floral 3E #3
MFP Speedy TV Sketch with a Twist #59 Sketch (see below)/Twist:  Use Background Stamp 5E #1
The Perfect Sentiment #87 The Great Outdoors 3E #2
Totally Papercrafts #180 Favorite Colors (I love purple and green) 3E #1


MFP Speedy TV Sketch with a Twist


A Blog Named Hero
Thank you for looking at my card - I so enjoy reading your comments!  Have a happy day!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for being "there" too, Kitty, fabby card hun, as always xxx

Anne said...

Such a pretty card! I love the colour combo..pastel green with that deep purple which you have balanced out beautifully! Lovely card!

Tina said...

Beautiful card, thank you for entering Emma’s crafty challenge
and good luck xx

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the cute kitty stamp and how the vellum looks with the green tall grass stamped behind it.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Vickie ODell said...

You used a lovely grass stamp for the background. I like the cat on vellum, too. Looks like some of my white cats that live here on our farm. Thank you for sharing your project with us at The Perfect Sentiments Challenge.

Angela Crafty Spot said...

Very cute card!! I love your little kitty! Thanks for joining us at SWAT!!
Angela

Christine said...

Love the use of the grass background stamp. I have that and haven't used it in ages. You've inspired me. The flowers look fantastic on the grass stalks. Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch with a Twist and good luck.

Andree said...

A lovely card and a wonderful cat image.
Thank you for joining in at Emma's Crafty Challenge this month and good luck x

Unknown said...

What a sweet card! The background stamp is so cool with this image - just perfect! Thanks for sharing with us this week at The Perfect Sentiment!

Alljazzed2create said...

Great card.. love the back ground you used and your kitten is darling. Thanks for joining us this week at Perfect Sentiments.

Pam
Senior DT.

Mandy Ashley said...

Sweet card!

Thank you for joining in with us over at Emma's Crafty challenge! Good luck! :)