Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Time to go Back to School

I made this back-to-school card for my 12-year-old niece.  This kitty looks like she just woke up - my niece likes to sleep too so it might be hard for her to think about the alarm clock going off in September.  I hope she likes this card.


I started with a white card base, which I covered with brown cardstock.  Next I affixed the clock/numbers patterned paper, onto which I stamped a Hero Arts watch face in brown.  Then I stamped the watch face again on vellum, die-cut into a circle, and affixed to the card.  The cute cat image is one of Two Kittens by Barb Jensen Designs at Stitchy Bear's Digi Outlet.  I coloured it with pencils, rounded the corners, mounted on brown cardstock, rounded the corners, added a punched apple, and affixed to the card with foam tape.  I created the sentiment with a label maker and then finished off the card by adding several brown gems.   Here are the supplies used:
  • Digistamp:  Described above
  • Stamp:  Hero Arts B4378 Small Watch Face
  • Ink:  StazOn Timber Brown
  • Patterned paper:  Unknown/unmarked
  • Cardstock:  Recollections
  • Coloured Pencils:  Prismacolor
  • Label maker:  Dymo
  • Die:  Nellie's Multiframes Circles
  • Punches:  Apple - Michaels, Corner Rounder - Creative Memories
  • Vellum, gems:  Dollar store
I would like to enter the following challenges:
A Blog Named Hero #30 Victorious Vellum (must use HA product) UE C5
Fairies Challenge Blog #11 Back to School UE
One Stitch at a Time #177 Back to School (# used a Stitchy Bear image) 3E #1
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Back to School 5E #1
Whoopsidaisy Back to School UE

A Blog Named Hero

Thank you for looking at my card!  I enjoy reading your comments - have a wonderful day of crafting!

11 comments:

Josephine said...

Fabulous card - love the image!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

Leslie Hanna said...

I love that you stamped the clock face on vellum as well as on the card itself. And that cat is too cute.

Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

I like the Dymo label maker sentiment. I have one of these Dymo from younger days but do not know if I have any of the stuff to put into it to make labels. Do they make the stuff anymore?
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Unknown said...

Oh Kitty, I smile each time I visit, this is a brilliant card, and your niece is going to love it, love the Dymo tape sentiment, so clever, love when "thinking outside the box" works, love and hugs hun xx

Ingrid Mason said...

Well, I woke up reluctantly this morning and whist trying to get myself together decided to take a moment or two to browse my favourite site (OSAAT). I was uplifted when I saw you had entered your card because cats are my passion too. Reading your 'story' gave me a big smile as I do remember those days - waking teenagers for school, and the lovely image inspired me to pull myself together and get going. I hope your neice appreciates your thoughtful card because I certainly do. Thank you for reenergising me :-) Good luck in our challenge. Ingrid xx (OSAAT Team)

Laura Sterckx said...

This is such a cute card! You colored the kitty beautifully and I love the little apple next to the image! The clock patterned paper is very fun too!

Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!
Laura :)

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Such a lovely card. Thanks for playing with us at WhoopsiDaisy. Hugs...Mona

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card
Thanks for joining in at One Stitch At A Time this week
Hugs katie x

Love crafts forever said...

Very lovely card. Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT.
DT Nataliya

TRACEY MO said...

What a brill card

Thanks for joining us at fariires challenge
Tracey dt

Carol Ric said...

I love this card! That kitty is so adorable. Thank you for joining us at the Fairies challenge blog.