Sunday, November 14, 2021

Recycled Tissue Box - Set of 2 Holiday Cards

Hi, everyone!  The month of November is always fun because I love making holiday cards!  I find inspiration everywhere - today I'm sharing two cards that I made by recycling the images on a tissue box.  I was attracted to the winter owl, cardinals, and birch trees on this tissue box and decided to die-cut some circles in various sizes to make some cards.  I believe both of these cards would be suitable for a man.

Here's the first card.  


Products used
Dies:  Nellie's Multiframe Circles, generic scalloped circle
Embossing folder:  We R Memory Keepers Birch Trees
Other:  Self-made sentiment in Microsoft Word

Heres my second card.  The same products were used, with the exception of the embossing folder; this time I chose Cuttlebug Forest Branches.


Here are the two cards as a set.  


I would like to join the following 8 challenges:
Christmas Kickstart 56 Christmas Snippets 1/3 C8
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas 268 AG Christmas Optional Use Buttons UE
Double D A Walk in the Woods (ends Nov. 14) 2/3
Pixie's Snippet Playground 416 Tissue box snippets  1E 
Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Wonderful Winter/Feeling Festive UE

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joy-filled day!

19 comments:

terrie said...

Kitty, I love love love your re-cycle cards from a tissue box...what a great way to use something so wonderful from the panels....I have tons of tissue boxes that I have in my stash...you did a great job placing the circles.
This is awesome and thanks for reminding me to go and look at my tissue boxes again....well done!

Gail said...

That is this most lovely Tissue box = Never seen one like that - and your cards are over the Moon STUNNING - and yes I am shouting that!!! Beautiful work!

Suzanne H said...

I agree! This is the prettiest tissue box ever! I love how you've cut all the circles out of it. Beautiful work!

AlisonC said...

So clever and you've made beautiful and unusual cards. x

Barbara Godden said...

Wow these are stunning, what an awesome way to recycle a tissue box. Fantastic design on both cards, and the colour choices are fab.

Fikreta said...

oh these are so beautiful projects!
love that box!

Di said...

Oh you clever girl Kitty! Our tissue boxes here in the UK aren't anything like as much fue and of course it's fine to 'upcycle' something as snippets. After all the lid was removed so the rest of the box is then a leftover :)

Lovely to see you in both the Snippets Playground and of course at Christmas Kickstart!

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

Fue? I meant to type the word fun! Di x

Gina's Cards said...

Beautiful cards! I love what you have done. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx

Aquarius said...

Great use of a tissue box, we don't get fun ones like that in the UK

Sarn said...

Terrific recycling going on here. Two super cards from the tissue box.

After all your hard work, come & have a hot chocolate with us up in the playground treehouse where some of us are catching up on homework!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Darlene said...

WOW! Great idea to recycle that beautiful tissue box cover! I love doing things like that and you've certainly done an AWESOME job of it!! Fabulous inspiration! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘A Walk in the Woods’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such great idea recycling the tissue box for cutting out those circles! They are so cute and beautiful!! You matched them perfectly with that paper and both the embossing folders! The bit of black makes the owls pop! Very well done my friend!!
I'm so happy to see you on blogger again and again!! :)
Big hugs and love!!

Dotty Jo said...

Such pretty cards! Wish we had pretty boxes like that in these parts. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Beccy said...

Wow, these cards are awesome Kitty! The images are beautiful, I can see why you would want to reclaim them, and it's always a great idea to upcycle items that would otherwise go to the trash. I LOVE the circles, it's like little glimpses into different parts of the woods. I also like the black and white colour scheme with pops of red here and there. Awesome!
Cheers,
Beccy

KraftyKoolKat said...

Two great cards Kitty, I certainly wouldn't have thought of using the old tissue box. You have a good eye.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Alyson Mayo said...

THIS! What a brilliant idea! I have looked at that box many times and thought about the pattern... I love how you used it for such a perfect winter card. This simply blew me away!

Amanda said...

Wow what a great idea and the design is just perfect too. It never ceases to amaze me the creativity that is all around us. Hugs, Amanda x

Nancy Soetaert said...

great recycling cards! they're so lovely!
thanks for joining our male card challenge.
Nancy
Creative Sketchy Girls