Monday, November 22, 2021

Baking Spirits Bright

Hello, everyone!  Before I get started, I would like to welcome my newest follower - Bonnie Lynn /  StampinInTheLight - thank you for joining me!

Beccy's Month of Holiday Cards continues to inspire me!  I've been making lots of holiday cards this month, and today I have another one to share with you!  This one features a new set from Beccy's Place called Making Merry.  For Beccy's challenge, my alphabet letter is E for Elf.


There are three elves in this set, and I am featuring Elwyn.  Although lately I have been colouring my images, for this card I went with the pre-coloured version because I already liked how he was coloured.  I fussy-cut the image and popped him up on foam tape.  

I made a little North Pole kitchen baking scene!  The Oven Shaker is Designed by Rex and can be made into a shaker.  Next time!  It was fun to paper-piece, and I adhered tiny gingerbread sequins inside the oven. The floor die is from Penny Black and the sentiment/sign banner is a digital from LOTV Digi Shop on etsy.  I coloured the outline of the sentiment with a red marker and added a sparkly red bow.  

I would also like to join the following challenges:
The Outlawz Twisted Thursday AG Optional Hot or Cold (reds/browns on your colour wheel) 2/2
Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Wonderful Winter/Feeling Festive UE

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a fun, crafty day!

21 comments:

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome Kitty. Your fussy cutting is great. I never cut it equally all the way round, I have given up. lol!!
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Barbara Godden said...

super cute card, great design and your fussy cutting is awesome. the sequins are so cute and worked perfect for your scene.

Tina Z. said...

very creative!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

WOW!!! You have created a really amazing scene!! This kitchen is just perfect with the beautiful wooden floor and the oven! And such brilliant idea putting the gingerbreads inside the oven!! This elf bakes so well!! :D Your fussy cut is just perfect as always!! Love all the sparkling, it's so festive!! Well done with the sentiment banner too!!!
Big hugs my dear friend! Stay string and take care!

Chriss America Real said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! Really adorable!

Hugs,
Chriss

Beccy said...

Wow, what a card!! You've done a fantastic job piecing the oven together Kitty, I love the sparkly accents and all the little gingerbread men. You have created such a warm and homey scene. Absolutely fantastic!
Cheers,
Beccy

Bunny said...

I love gingerbread men. A LOT. I could gobble them up in a heartbeat. This is so cute. [Bunny]

Jan Mahew said...

M-m-m-m-m-m! I can almost smell the gingerbread from here! Thank you for sharing your homey scene with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. We appreciate you stopping by and hope you will join us again each month for a NEW challenge. Good Luck and Happy Holidays!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Gail said...

What a super cute layout -- love it!

Donna said...

I am really enjoying your baking cards this year. I love backing cookies at Christmas time and always over bake. Such fun!

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful card love the colours you have used. Thank you for joining us over at Gem of a Craft Challenge. We hope to see you again soon. DT Alison

Fikreta said...

its so adorable!
hugs

Suzanne H said...

You even have a little glittery oven mitt! Elwyn should be mighty happy in that kitchen.

Alyson Mayo said...

That elf - LOVE the ears! Can he come over and bake gingerbread men for me - please? So very sweet!

terrie said...

I can imagine the smell in this elf's kitchen with all of those gingerbread cookies baking....you did a fantastic job making the stove and elf work hand and hand together.....TFS

Helen said...

Fabulous scene - love it!

Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Challenge.

Helen x

The Craft Princess said...

Super cute card!!! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
Hugs... Janie
DT
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com

Inkyfingers said...

What a fun festive design and those biscuits look yummy!
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.

Dorte said...

Lovely little baking scene you have created with this cute elf. Thanks for sharing your card with us at ABC Christmas Challenge.
Dorte x

Nunzia Carusio said...

Beautiful and fun project. Thank you for choosing to share it with us at Polkadoodles.
Hope to see you again soon.
Nunzia DT

candio said...

Beautiful Card!! Thanks for playing along with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!! Candace DT