Friday, November 19, 2021

Recycled Coffee Sleeve

Hello, everyone!  I'm back again today to share a coffee-themed holiday card in neutral colours, suitable for a man.  I don't care for this card as I prefer more colour, but I thought I would try it.  That being said, I was inspired to use the festive coffee sleeve that came with Brian's coffee at A&W.  I do enjoy recycling!  Then I found the digital Sketched Coffee Cup from STAMPlorations that I thought would work with it.   

First I trimmed the coffee sleeve to the size of the image and used an oval die (Nellie's Multiframes) to achieve the right shape.  I paper-pieced the coffee cup with polka dot paper from Pixel Scrapper and I doodled stitching around the recycled coffee sleeve with a fine-liner.  I stamped the sentiment (STAMPlorations Joys of the Season) in brown on a cream panel, layered onto brown cardstock, and then adhered the coffee cup.  I added a punched snowflake for fun!

I didn't get a photo of this A&W coffee sleeve before I cut it, but here are some others I have for future cards.  I will use more vibrant colours next time!

I'm happy to be joining the Fall/Winter 2021 Coffee Lovers Blog Hop, along with the following 9 challenges, for a total of 10:


Coffee Loving Cardmakers Caffeine Fueled Paper Play November Any Sponsor’s coffee, tea or cocoa themed product  (STAMPlorations)

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas 268 AG Christmas Optional Use Buttons UE
STAMPlorations November CAS Challenge Optional Neutrals Only 2/3


Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a fun, crafty day!

12 comments:

Suzanne H said...

How clever. That image is so cute. I can see why you wouldn't throw it away. We seem to be on the same upload timing. My cards are very close to yours!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Awesome Kitty and a great use of the recycled coffee sleeve.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow Kitty, such interesting recycling!! These coffee sleeves really deserve a second life! Very well done!! In Italy coffee hasn't the sleeves, because it's into ceramic cups! Love your faux stitching all around their edges and the big different design of the sentiment! Lovely cup as well! A perfect card for a male recipient!
Hugs and love

Bonnie Lynn said...

Love your recycled coffee sleeve! I've done that a couple of times and always get a great feeling knowing my recycled project doesn't end up in a landfill somewhere or the ocean. Thanks for the love on my blog and for joining us at Pammie's Inky Pinkies.

Beccy said...

I love this Kitty, brown is one of my favourite colours. Great idea to upcycle the cup sleeve, it's a very cool design and looks great on your card. I love the scribbly design of the image, it's fabulously artsy!
Cheers,
Beccy

Gail said...

What a fabulous card using the recycled sleeve - is that A and W Rootbeer? We had them here back in the day - I think they are all closed now - boo hoo

Barbara Godden said...

Great use of the coffee cup sleeve, Perfect masculine card too. I have trouble making noncolourful cards too. You did a fabby job with it!!

Fikreta said...

its so great card!

Donna said...

Awesome coffee card and recycling!

Chandhini said...

That's a lovely card, love the colors. Great idea with recycling coffee sleeve.

Nancy Soetaert said...

lovely male christmascard, thanks for joining (again) our male card challenge.
Nancy
Creative Sketchy Girls

Karenladd said...

I love upcycling as well and this coffee sleeve would definitely be something to save and use on a card! What a great masculine card for a coffee lover.