Friday, November 26, 2021

Gingerbread Ornament Tags

Hello to all!  Today I'm sharing some cute gingerbread ornament tags!  They could be used as tags or you could hang them on the tree!

Beccy's Month of Holiday Cards has been inspiring me all month!  I used two of Beccy's digis for these tags (the cute gingerbread man from Beccy's Gingerbread set and the gingerbread house from Beccy's Gingerbread Wishes set).  I coloured both images with markers and then fussy-cut.  I also added Star Dust Stickles on the "snowy" icing of the house and along the snowy landscape.

Lots of layers make these tags very sturdy!  To make each tag, I die-cut the ornament shape from blue snowflake paper and again from heavy white cardstock and then adhered together for sturdiness.  Next I die-cut just the top of the ornament in silver glitter paper and adhered.  I did some layering of circles and scalloped circles (Nellie's Multiframe Circles, Gina Marie Designs). I die-cut the scalloped circles again in white so I could add a little snowbank to ground the images. I tied each tag with baker's twine.

I would also like to join the following challenges:
Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Wonderful Winter/Feeling Festive UE

Thank you for looking at my ornament tags!  Wishing you a fun, crafty day!

19 comments:

Gail said...

You did a lovely job of coloring these - super sweet!

Sue said...

Gorgeous tags and thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz hugs x

Suzanne H said...

You and I must be on the same wavelength. I just finished cute little ornie/tags this morning for Beccy's Challenge. I can't wait for you to see them now! I love the gingerbread house and I'm going to add it to my stash right now. Adorable. I love the stenciling in the background too.

Barbara Godden said...

Adorable tags, my fav....lots of layers and I love the blue and silver theme, makes the focal point pop. super colouring and fussy cutting.

terrie said...

Well done on both of your ornaments...they turned out so pretty, I like the silver and the snow on the gingerbread house....TFS

KraftyKoolKat said...

These are gorgeous Kitty, they look good enough to eat. lol!!
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Liz said...

Super tags, Kitty. xx

Helen said...

Great tags.

Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Challenge.

Helen x

Beccy said...

Your tags are gorgeous Kitty! You did an amazing job with the colouring, I love your choice of colour palette. The soft blue, pink and green work beautifully with the brown, and the silver glitter was the perfect choice for the frame. Beautiful!
Cheers,
Beccy

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Kitty! They are both so cute!! My fav is the big one with the gingerbread house, it looks so yummy and love all the sparkling details! Great colouring as always!!
Big hugs dear friend! Love and peace on your way!

Michelle said...

I love your cut little tags! The color theme and coloring is great! And the added sparkle is icing on the top! Thanks for participating in A Gem of A Craft Challenge! ~Michelle, DT Polkadoodles

Donna said...

Such adorable tags, like all the glitter and great idea that they could be used as ornaments!

Mrs A. said...

Super sweet and super sweet colours for them. Just catching up on everyone. A cup of tea to hand plus viennese biscuits. Bliss. Hugs Mrs A.

Fikreta said...

so cute tags!

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

I am loving all of your beautiful Christmas cards! Sorry that I haven't had a chance to comment on all of them, but they are gorgeous! These ornament tags are fabulous! I love your coloring on them! Thank you for your kind comments on my blog! Hope you are doing well and enjoying your crafting! :)

Kim said...

These are adorable! Ilove anything gingerbread! Thanks for sharing them with us at Polkadoodles.

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

Cute and pretty tags. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations

Sheryl said...

These tags are adorable.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

Suze said...

Lovely tags Kitty. I like the circular shape and the added sparkle. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.