Thursday, November 25, 2021

Gingerbread Cookies Recipe

Hi, everyone!  Today I'm sharing - you guessed it - another gingerbread-themed card!  I just can't help myself  - the gingers are so cute and fun!  I'm working my way through my gingerbread stamps and digis.  

I used three digital freebies on this card!  The first is the gingerbread man from Mo's Digital Pencil, and he's still available in her shop (thank you!).  I coloured him with markers and doodled some dots and icing with a white paint pen.  I coloured him lighter than my previous gingers and I think he looks under-baked, so I will be going back to my darker markers for future gingers.  It's good to try something different.

I used a couple other freebies on this card as well.  The Gingerbread Cookies recipe is available for free upon request at strawberrycream39's YouTube channel (thank you!). There are three other recipes in her PDF freebie.  For my card, I digitally added a Checkered Frame to the recipe and printed it on kraft paper so I could add a bit of colour with my markers and white paint pen.  The Checkered Frame is a freebie from Tindaloo (thank you!) for a limited time only.  I altered the shape of the frame slightly to accommodate the recipe.  

The red panel is stamped with a candy cane background (Your Next Stamp Candy Cane Ink Splatter) and then embossed with a candy pattern (Cuttlebug Christmas Set). I adhered a die-cut white snowflake border (Your Next Stamp) and three punched white snowflakes (Recollections punch).  I didn't add a sentiment on the outside of the card because there is already enough going on but will do so on the inside.  

I would also like to join the following challenges:
Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Wonderful Winter/Feeling Festive UE
Word Art Wednesday 519-520 AG w Uplifting Sentiment wk1 2/5

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a fun, crafty day!

13 comments:

terrie said...

The Gingerbread man is a perfect fit with the recipe behind him....such a great looking card Kitty....I like soft gingerbread cookies so under-baked is fine with me....Have a great day Kitty

Suzanne H said...

I'm loving your gingerbread theme! It's a great idea. Thanks for the link to Mo's freebie. You know I love a freebie!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Another great inspiration! Love the idea of the recipe as focal point and the under-baked gingerbread works fine for me, as it is more visible on the darker brown of the recipe. Great design!
Sending you lots of hugs and love!

Beccy said...

Love your colouring Kitty, I think the under-baked gingerbread is a good choice since the background is lovely and dark. I really like the decorations you added with the white pen, particularly the little dots, they look great. The recipe card is a fabulous idea... it looks like a real recipe too. Love the white snowflakes.
Cheers,
Beccy

Barbara Godden said...

Your card is fantastic, the gingerbread man looks fine to me, and there are a lot of great elements on your card, great colouring as well. You are really getting a lot of super cute holiday cards done.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Another tasty looking card Kitty.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Donna said...

This is so cute and I like the recipe being on the card!! Hope all is well with you my friend!

Fikreta said...

It's so wonderful!

Grenouille Greetings said...

What a great idea to combine Mo's Gingerbread man with a recipe for gingerbread! This lovely card is a keeper for sure. That looks like a great recipe! Thank you for playing along with us at Mo’s Digital Pencil. Hugs, Lesley

Brenda said...

I love this! Your GBM is the perfect pairing for a gingerbread recipe and that stamped background is lovely. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

Maikreations said...

I love the red mixed with the kraft paper! It just looks great and so christmas-sy together! Also your large gingerbread man works wonderful with the design ;o) Thank you for joining our "Kraft meets colour" challenge at Papercraft Challenges! Have a wonderful day, good luck with the draw and happy crafting! Maike

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge.

Helen x

Lisa said...

I just absolutely love the combination of red and craft - it goes so well together, especially leading up to Christmas, doesn't it?
I think the gingerbread man looks great, in fact I don't always colour things the way they should look in real life and think it's half the fun of our hobby ;)
thanks for playing along with us on the Papercraft-Challenges blog. Lisa xx