Monday, November 29, 2021

Butterfly for the Holidays

Hello, everyone!  Today I'm sharing a butterfly card for the holidays!  I wanted to join Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge 164 - Spin the Butterfly Wheel with W for Windmill-style Card!  I am in full holiday cardmaking mode so here is the result!  

I was eager to try Mrs. A's windmill-style card following her tutorial.  I'm not good at following directions so, as usual, I had some trouble, but in the end it worked out.  My small squares are only one inch because I wanted to use my Marvy Uchida punch, so I had to adjust the other measurements accordingly.  I like how it turned out!  

The sentiment stamp is from Penny Black, and the butterfly die is Gina Marie Designs. I adhered a flower gem to the butterfly.  The white panel is embossed with a holly design.  I also used W for Wine ( sentiment and butterfly).

I would like to join the following 10 challenges:
A Bit More Time to Craft AG UE
Beccy's Place 9th Annual Month of Holiday Cards J for Joy
Butterfly Challenge 164 W for Windmill and Wine
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas 570 AG Christmas Optional Something Beginning with R UE
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper November UE
Creative Knockout Christmas Delight 1/2 C10
DL.ART November AG UE
The Outlawz Saturday Paper a la Mode Christmas UE
Uniko 68 Celebrate plus Optional Theme Reds and Greens UE
Word Art Wednesday 519-520 AG w Uplifting Sentiment wk1 4/5

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a fun, crafty day!

15 comments:

Tina Z. said...

This is an amazing idea. I remember your Christmas butterflies from one of previous years. Soooo creative.

Tina Z. said...

You are such an inspiration!

terrie said...

Your card with the butterfly turned out pretty nice...you made it look so festive for the coming Holidays...well done Kitty & TFS your talent.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, your windmill card is amazing!! Love how it turned out with the gorgeous embossing and the beautiful butterfly!!! The paper with holly and pine branches is just perfect for the whole design! I have never thought to make a Christmas card with a butterfly, but your is brilliant! Very well done!

Beccy said...

This is a beauty Kitty! I love the embossing you added to the white card, it's so detailed and delicate. I also love the thin border around the card base, it looks like you've coordinated it perfectly with the awesome windmill feature. The butterfly and rhinestone flower are fabulous embellishments. Love it!
Cheers,
Beccy

MortiCraft said...

Such a pretty card. The windmill background looks lovely with the simple butterfly on top. Thanks for playing along with Uniko. X

Barbara Godden said...

Very pretty card, great job on the technique and I might have that butterfly, did it come with Beautiful? Great design and embossing folder use.

Mrs A. said...

I don't just like this card kitty, I love it. The butterfly so lends itself to be a christmas themed card. Thankyou for coming and playing in the garden.Hugs Mrs A.

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeously done, Kitty! Love the Christmas butterfly. Thanks so much for playing along with us in our "Christmas Delight" challenge at Creative Knockouts this fortnight. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

Donna said...

This turned out lovely, I like how you put your butterfly on top of the windmill design!

Michelle B. said...

Well done, your perseverance paid off! Beautiful focal point, simplicity at its best. So glad you joined us for our Christmas Delight Challenge at Creative Knockouts!

Fikreta said...

very nice card!

Kelly Schelske said...

Such a pretty card! Love the embossed background!

Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts, I hope you join us again this week!

Hannelie said...

Love the BG for your pretty butterfly focal point!
Thanks for playing at Uniko !

Suzanne H said...

Congrats on your top pick at Mrs. A's. I like this idea. I would like to send Mrs. A. a card and you've sparked my imagination. Lovely card!