Thursday, November 18, 2021

Purrfectly Perfect Holiday

Hi, everyone!  Yes, my insomnia continues!  Today it was 2:45 a.m. so lots of time for crafting!  Here I'm sharing another holiday card in non-traditional colours.  This one is a shaker!  I tried the edge-to-edge shaker technique with the image and it seemed to work okay.  This fun kitty with her big cup is a rubber stamp from Unity Stamps by Angie Blom called Purrfectly Perfect.  I bought this stamp during Unity's big sale in conjunction with the Cat Lovers Hop in October.  

I coloured the image with markers and die-cut with a stitched rectangle and layered onto a scalloped stitched rectangle (both dies from Gina Marie Designs).  It was fun to colour the cat pink!  I doodled some snowflakes on the up with a white paint pen.  

For the sentiment, I didn't have any Unity Stamps Christmas vertical greetings that would work with this layout so I used a sticker from STAMPlorations Tis the Season Clear Stickers.  The pink cardstock is embossed with Darice Snowflakes, and I finished the card by adhering three purple sequins.

I'm happy to be joining the Fall/Winter 2021 Coffee Lovers Blog Hop, along with the following  challenges:

Coffee Loving Cardmakers

ABC Christmas W for Whimsical UE
Allsorts 650 Christmas 3/3
Coffee Loving Cardmakers Caffeine Fueled Paper Play November Any Sponsor’s coffee, tea or cocoa themed product  (Unity Stamps)

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas 268 AG Christmas Optional Use Buttons UE
Kat Scrappiness November Shaker Cards 1/3
Mod Squad Animal-themed Holiday 2/3
Show Us Your Pussycats 72 Furrything Goes w Cats UE

The Outlawz Twisted Thursday AG Optional Hot or Cold (pinks/purples on your colour wheel) 1/2
Unity Show and Tell on Facebook Non-Traditional Christmas Colours
We Love Stamping November Christmas 3/3
Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Wonderful Winter/Feeling Festive UE
Word Art Wednesday 517-518 AG w Uplifting Sentiment Wk2 4/5

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a fun, crafty day!

13 comments:

Pauline C said...

Great fun holiday card .. thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week
Pauline x

Suzanne H said...

So cute! I love the pink and purple for Christmas. And your snowflake doodles add just the right winter touch. I like the edge to edge shaker. It's so easy too! Loving your pink cat!

HilaryJane said...

Your cat really has got the cream, love him all in pink. So much interest on this card with the shaker element and the embossed background too. Thanks for sharing it with us at we love stamping xx

flossbite said...

Very cute creation! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge. Good luck!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh Kitty, we both have white nights! I actually go to sleep at 3.30 and get out of the bed at 6.30! But it's no good! Please, take a cup of good tea and relaxing music and try to sleep a little more!
... But night-crafting is better than day-crafting, isn't it? LOL :D Your card is absolutely delightful!! How supercute and sweet creation with that kitty enjoying her big cup! Love so much how you coloured her!! And the doodled snowflakes on the cup too!! Pink plus purple is an awesome combo! Love the embossed background and the frilly sentiment
The edge-to-edge shaker technique seems easy to do, I want try! Thanks for the inspiration!
Thanks also for your lovely comments on my blog! Big hugs!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

... Forgot to say thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping November challenge with the Christmas theme! Good luck!

Fikreta said...

love this cat!
that stamp is on my wish list long time!
Love your super adorable card!

Beccy said...

Awesome colouring Kitty, you've made a pink ginger cat!! Love the shaker element, I've never made an edge-to-edge one myself, but I do admire them. Great choice of filling too, I particularly like the little snowflake sequins. Cute!
Cheers,
Beccy

brenda said...

You card is such fun, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts Christmas theme this week.

B x

Barbara Godden said...

Oh my goodness this is some kind of cuteness, a pink ginger kitty, drinking a huge purple mug of cocoa. super cute card and a great design. I see you answered my question, sorry you are still suffering insomnia, hope it gets better soon.

KraftyKoolKat said...

You are on a roll with this gorgeous and cute creations Kitty.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Dorte said...

Such a cute image and a lovely pink Christmas card. Thanks for sharing your card with us at ABC Christmas Challenge.
Dorte x

ike said...

That is excellent - I LUV the smiling kitty. Hope you been getting a bit more sleep !!
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
Hugz
IKE =^..^=

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog