Tuesday, November 16, 2021

CatPURRccino and More Delicious Hot Drinks

Hello again; I'm back!  I probably won't be around much today, but I started early (up at 4 a.m. again with insomnia) and now I am sharing a second card.  This one features stamps from Newton's Nook Designs.  

I stamped Newton's Mug and Cup of Cocoa, coloured the images with markers and fussy-cut.  I also aded details to the cups with a white paint pen.  Newton's mug is paper-pieced with striped patterned paper, with added marker detail.  The red/green bow-patterned paper is from Love to Craft Christmas Moments.  The brown scalloped border is a die-cut from Lawn Fawn Stitched Scalloped Borders.

My colour combo was inspired by Newton's Nook Inky Paws Challenge 161, which is a colour challenge (red, dark green, light green, and brown).

I'm also happy to be joining the Fall/Winter 2021 Coffee Lovers Blog Hop, along with the following 6 challenges, for a total of 8:

Coffee Loving Cardmakers

Coffee Loving Cardmakers Caffeine Fueled Paper Play November Any Sponsor’s coffee, tea or cocoa themed product  (Newton's Nook stamps)

Dies R Us 181 AG 1/3 (used Lawn Fawn die)
Stempelgarten Favourite Stamp (cats and cups; Newton's Nook is a favourite brand) 1E C8
The Outlawz Monday Greeting Sentiment plus Add Buttons and/or Bows 2/3

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a fun, crafty day!

18 comments:

CarlavdM said...

OOOhh what a wonderfull card with Newton in his cuppa!
Really like the whole look of your card.

Suzanne H said...

I agree with Carla. I love the look of this. I'm sorry you're having insomnia and there wasn't even a race at Beccy's to make it worthwhile :)

Barbara Godden said...

What an adorable card, of course love the kitty with a cuppa. great design and traditional colours. Sorry to hear of your insomnia, I got a toe close to the edge of the bed at 5 a.m. and the game was on, the poking under the covers, touching the nose to the forehead and jumping at anything that moved until I managed to go back to sleep. BTW love your card.

Darnell said...

Wonderful cards, Kitty! You know how much I love cute cards! Sorry about your insomnia, however, and hope it ends soon! Hugs, Darnell

Fikreta said...

Love this card!
super cute!
hugs

Beccy said...

Fabulous card Kitty, I love all the extra detail you added with your pens, great colouring too! The mix of papers is wonderful, they're all so lovely and festive.
Sorry to read about the insomnia, I hope you have a chance to nap today or at least sleep more soundly tonight.
Cheers,
Beccy

Donna said...

Such a cute image and darling background paper! You have the cutest kitten/cat images. I hope you get a good nights sleep tonight.

Bunny said...

Newton as always is so cute. [Bunny]

Donna said...

I have been so remiss by not getting over to see you sooner. Life has really picked up and crafts have taken a back seat (at least they had until Beccy's challenge) but I am trying to get back to creating when I can. Love this card. The cups and cats are so adorable. Love all the colors and patterns. I hope you insomnia subsides. But I do have to say you do some wonderful work that early in the morning! Hugs to you!

Gail said...

The line of cups are fabulous - also the cute kitten! Beautiful!

terrie said...

Such a cheerful card, I like all of the different kind of cup & mugs with all of the toppings....now I want a mug of hot chocolate....TFS

Indy's Designs said...

Oh wow! I love Newton in his big mug with all those littler ones! Great use of the challenge colors at Inky Paws!
Hugs,
Debbie

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Awww.... Your backgrounds are always so appropriate to make the images pop out and this one is amazing!! LOVE all those festive bows!! And such cute "table" full of yummy cups!! The catPURR-cino with Newton makes me laugh! :D Soooooo cute and fun!! And that scallop kraft border to finish the red stripe is so cute too!!!

B MacNutt said...

Still your biggest fan! Sleep well!

KraftyKoolKat said...

A really adorable creation Kitty.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

2sistersproject said...

Super cute idea I love the way you mix the two stamp sets!!!
As always, thanks for linking to the Inky Paw's Challenge.
Hugs Diane

Claire Lamb said...

What a cozy Christmas card! I love all the coffee mugs lined up and that adorable bow paper! Thanks for joining the Inky Paws Challenge!

NanaConnie said...

Darling image, Kitty, and I love your card design! So many lovely heart warming drinks. :-D Putting on a DT hat - Thanks for playing along in our Anything Goes challenge this week at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT