Thursday, March 10, 2022

Joyful Skating Fox

Hello, everybody!  Today I'm sharing a winter holiday card!  It's definitely still winter here where I live, so I have been inspired by our snow.  My card features an adorable image from Digi Doodle Studios called Foxy Skater, and I made a little winter scene.  I coloured the image with markers and fussy-cut so I could pop him up on foam tape.  


I created the background a while ago so it's hard to remember which inks or dies I used, but I do remember the technique was Distress Oxides on photo paper, which is a favourite of mine.  If I had to guess on the inks, I would say Tumbled Glass and Broken China.  I used white glitter cardstock for the icy pond and adhered a few punched snowflakes around the scene (Recollections punch).  The sentiment is self-made in Microsoft Word.

I would like to join the following challenges:
ABC Christmas G for Glitter UE
Allsorts 666 Distress (Distress Oxide background) 1/3
CRAFT 629 Christmas 1/2
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas 584 AG Optional Vintage UE
Digi Doodle Studios 47 Perfect Pets and Animals 1/3
Digi Doodle Studios Facebook Group AG with Digi Doodle Studios
DL.ART March Linky AG UE
Incy Wincy Ends March 25 Nature and Scenery 1/5
Scribbles Designs 106 Winter Wonderland 1/3
The 12 Months of Christmas Link-up 86 AG Optional Things that Fly 1/10
Word Art Wednesday 533-534 AG w Uplifting Sentiment wk2 1/5

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a  joyful day!

25 comments:

Linby said...

A super cute image and you lovely scene makes him really pop from the card. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

Wendy said...

How adorable is that fox! He looks so adorable on your glittery, snowy scene. Thank you for sharing it and playing along with ABC Christmas Challenge ~ Wendy

Dena J said...

What a perfect winter sky that technique gave you! Still freezing temperatures here but no snow. The fox is bright and darling. I love how he pops in the scene you created. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts Challenge. -Dena J, DT

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi dear Kitty!! I'm so glad to see two posts from you today! This card makes me smile so much!! :D How cute is this foxy on skates!! You coloured him so beautifully and he pops very well on the glitter icy pond!! Love the trees in the back and the cute snowflakes that match the foxy fur! Your Oxides background on photo paper looks so pretty!!
Here Spring seem is coming, finger crossed :)
Wishing you lovely and peaceful days ahead, my friend! Hugs and kisses from my crazy part of the world!

Pauline C said...

Super cute image and lovely scene you ahve created - love it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week, and for joining in with my distress option.
Pauline xx

Suzanne H said...

Love your little scene. The coloring on your fox is fabulous. Such a sweet card design.

brenda said...

A very cute card, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

ike said...

Oh, I love that cute fox. What a super card x

Jane Savage said...

Love this fun scene and adorable fox!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

Barbara Godden said...

So adorable, and beautifully coloured and fussy cut. great little scene and I wouldn't remember what I used in my oxide backgrounds but the two you guessed looks about right. Yes here in SWO we are having a snow shower day,

KraftyKoolKat said...

A lovely cute creation and little scene Kitty.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Mervi said...

Fabulous card with great colour choices.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

terrie said...

Another great looking card with a cute image and background....well done Kitty.

Michelle said...

Such a cute card! The little fox is too adorable! I love your attention to detail! I love the glitter, orange snowflakes, and design! It definitely sparks "joy"!! I hope to see more of your creations again soon! Thanks for participating in A Gem of a Craft Challenge! ~Michelle, DT Polkadoodles https://www.instagram.com/thecraftmarketsc/

Donna said...

Love this scene,so beautiful and upbeat!

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Oh wow! Your fox is just the cutest!!! Great coloring, and what a superb scene you made! Love your cards Kitty!

Gail said...

He's a sweet fox on a fabulous background! Skate on!

Mummylade said...

This is supercute! Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas
challenge

Fikreta said...

this is so cute card!
hugs

Brenda said...

This is such a cute card and the background is yummy! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at CRAFT Challenge!

NickScrapShack said...

This is so adorable! Love this cute little skater and the sparkly frosty ice looks awesome! Thank you for playing along with us at SCRIBBLES DESIGN. Best of luck! Nick DT

Fabiola said...

Oh que c’est chou, merci de jouer avec nous chez abc Christmas Card, biz

Melissa said...

Very Cute, thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Studio Challenge. xx

NickScrapShack said...

Hi back again with another DT hat on!
This card is adorable and I really like the design and colour combo. Thank you for playing along with us at DIGI DOODLE STUDIOS. Best of luck with your entry. Nick

Suze said...

Fun fox themed card Kitty. I like the vibrant blue too. Thank you for entering the Things That Fly Challenge at 12 Months of Christmas.