Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Recycled Cat Calendar (Gift Envelope)

Hello, everyone!  Today I have something different to share!  It's a gift envelope that I made for a crafty friend using an old cat calendar.  I save all of my old calendars and enjoy finding new ways to recycle the adorable pages.  I made three of these, each a bit different, so I'll share all three today in separate posts.

After folding the calendar page into an envelope, I embellished it with some cat-themed washi tape, a die-cut flower, heart label, and a self-made sentiment (Microsoft Word).  


I'll share the reverse side as well.  I embellished with some more of the cat-themed washi tape and a punched glitter heart.  This was my first try so the folds aren't perfect, but that's okay.  


I would like to join the following 9 challenges:
Allsorts 669 In the Garden 1/3
Creative Moments 232 For a Special Lady (crafty friend) 3/3
DL.ART March Linky AG UE
Mod Squad Anything but a Card 1/3
Pammie's Inky Pinkies 2203 AG 1/3 C10
Show Us Your Pussycats 76 Furrything Goes w Cats UE
Simon Says Stamp Monday Recycle 1/5
The Outlawz Festive Fridays Mar. 18-31 Animals UE
Word Art Wednesday 535-536 AG w Uplifting Sentiment wk2 3/5

Thank you for looking at my project! Wishing you a peaceful day!

8 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi dear Kitty!! It's a great recycling! I just LOVE the envelope with the red kitten!!! He remember me my Red, when he was a little baby! :) And I can say that your envelope is also more beautiful in real life :D LOL
I received your last mail and I’ll write you as soon as I can.
Sending you biggest hugs, love, peace and God blessings!

Barbara Godden said...

Oh what big blue eyes you have sweet kitty. Super cute gift envelope and a great job recycling.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A great way to recycle the lovely pictures that are on our calendars in to pretty pockets. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is a cutie as well. I am not sure which one I love the most out of the three.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

So pretty!

Fikreta said...

another cute envelope!
I have somwhere cat calendar from few years ago.
thank you for this idea!
hugs

ike said...

Really cool envelopes :-) Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
Hugz
IKE =^..^=

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Andrea W said...

Such a great idea to utilize an old calendar for a gift envelope. So cute!