Saturday, March 12, 2022

Hello Spring Bunny - Book Binding Fold

Hi, everyone!  Today's card features a cute bunny stamp (freebie!) from Gecko Galz.  They have a new Stamp Challenge, where the challenge is to colour the free image and make a card or project.  I do love bunnies!  

I coloured the image with markers and then adhered three punched butterflies.  I also adhered a number of gems in black (on the butterflies) and yellow (on the flowers).  The cardstock is Stampin' Up Barely Banana, and I stamped a sentiment from Lawn Fawn.  To finish the card, I adhered another three black gems at the top left.

The style of my card is called Book Binding Fold and was inspired by Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge 167, which is Spin the Butterfly Wheel with B for Book Binding Fold (see graphic below for other element choices).  The colours I chose are Banana and Bougainvillea; however, we're having a rainy day today and the lighting is very bad, so my SU Barely Banana cardstock looks more like buff than banana.  Maybe the yellow gems will pass for banana.


Here's a photo showing the Book Binding Fold from above.  The inside of my card is plain so I can write a detailed message to the recipient.


I was also inspired by the following 8 challenges, for a total of 10:
Allsorts 667 Spring is in the Air 1/3
Crafty Gals Corner 229 Add a Flower 1/3
Creative Inspirations March Spring Flowers UE
DL.ART March Linky AG UE
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Bit o' Green 2/5
TaylormadeCards4u March AG Optional Spring Flowers 1/3
The Outlawz Festive Fridays Mar.4-17 Hello UE
We Love Stamping March Anything Stamped - Spring 1/3

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful and carefree day!

22 comments:

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

What a neat design! And the bunny is so sweet and pretty! Gorgeous card!!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hallo Kitty, such delightful card!!! Wow! Absolutely love this bunny in the floral garden and you coloured this digital stamp so well!! The punched butterflies with black gems are perfect to catch the eyes to the bunny and love the book binding fold with the big vertical sentiment! Great design!
I want also thank you so much for joining us at We Love Stamping March challenge!
Hugs and love from Italy!

Liz said...

Super card, Kitty. What a lovely scene, the bunny is so sweet. xx

terrie said...

Well done Kitty I'm so glad that you made a book binding card..it turned out fantastic & great coloring.....I love it.

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful bunny image and your colouring is fabulous, great fold, haven't made one of these in a long, long time. must check you the tutorial to refresh my memory. I love the addition of the butterflies they fit right in with the scene,

Ellibelle said...

A beautiful spring themed card. The book binding fold is really nice to make it a bit different than the traditional style and adding the gems to the left side is such a great idea!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week!

Chandhini said...

I recently saw this book binding fild on YouTube. I am yet to give it a try. Your card is so beautiful, love the coloring.

brenda said...

Absolutely adorable and so bright and cheery, many thanks for joining in with our Spring theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous, bright and cheerful spring card, thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Gail said...

Amazing coloring! You are grand at coloring! Love how you did this beautiful card! Stunning! Like the added gems as well! Keep on hopping in crafting! Blessings!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Love your fabulous colouring on this lovely bunny. I adore the fold too.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Debi said...

Wonderful color choices with the black background. I tried to print this and the little printer I use here does more grayscale than black. I've cleaned the printheads numerous times. So i'll have to wait until I'm home to play with this image. Haven't tried that fold yet. Warm hugs, Debi

Gina's Cards said...

Beautiful card! The scene is gorgeous and beautifully coloured. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx

Suzanne H said...

I love what you've done with the bunny. It looks like the cover of a storybook. So sweet!

Mrs A. said...

I am swooning over this oh so pretty and adorable card. Love it. thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs mrs a.

Carole J said...

Awww, Karen, your bunny is so beautifully coloured. I love the book binding fold, too. Thank you for joining the Gecko Galz stamp challenge and good luck in the draw!

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful card. Love the bunny amid the lovely flowers. A great fold and a new one to me. Thanks, for sharing.

Karenladd said...

Oh, that bunny is so adorable and I just love the deep colors that give it such a dramatic look. How fun that you stamped a sentiment along the "spine". I'll have to remember that!

Donna said...

This is beyond gorgeous!

Fikreta said...

its so adorable card!

Linby said...

This is amazing, your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

What a great idea! It's a beautiful card and your coloring is wonderful! I love the header on your blog too.... :)
Thank you for joining us this week at
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges .
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Blessings! Jeanie Ellis, DT, Crafty Gals Corner
www.craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.com