Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Sweet Snow

Hello, everyone!  Just a quick post today as we're heading out shortly to do some errands.  The sun is shining and it looks like it's going to be a beautiful day!  

My card today was inspired by a few challenges (see below), and one challenge is ending in a few hours so I have to hurry!  Cut it Up #247 is looking for Women's History so I chose my favourite time in history, which is the 1950-60s, and this gal is perfect!  I would love to go back and live in the '60s!  I was born in the '60s!  How about you... what's your favourite time in history?


This stamp is Penny Black Sweet Snow and it's a bigger stamp that nearly covers an A2 card front.  First I heat-embossed it in silver on a red panel and then die-cut with a stitched rectangle (Simon Says Stamp). I stamped again, just the woman, on white cardstock, coloured her with markers, fussy-cut, and adhered to the red panel, which I then layered onto a turquoise panel.  I added Star Dust Stickles on the woman's hat, pompoms, and cuffs.  Lastly I adhered a couple die-cut white snowflakes (Hero Arts Snowflake Confetti) and a punched snowflake.  In hindsight, I think I should have heat-embossed the red panel in white, so that's what I'll do next time.

I was also inspired by the following challenges:
ABC Christmas E for Embossing (heat embossing) and G for Glitter (Stickles) UE
Allsorts 668 Feminine 2/3
Colour Crazy 11 AG Colouring 3/3
CRAFT 630 Female 2/2
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends 178 AG 3/3
Penny Black Saturday PBSC March Anything Goes Optional Bright Colours
The Corrosive 3 March AG 4/4
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas 586 AG Optional No Patterned Paper UE
Creative Moments 232 For a Special Lady 2/3
DL.ART March Linky AG UE
Jan's Digi Stamps March AG 4/5
Simon Says Stamp Monday Bright and Cheerful 2/5
The 12 Months of Christmas Link-up 86 AG Optional Things that Fly 2/10
Word Art Wednesday 535-536 AG w Uplifting Sentiment wk2 1/5

Thank you for looking at my card! Wishing you a joyful and peaceful day!


17 comments:

Dena J said...

Charming girl and I love red and blue together! Just the right amount of sparkle on your winter card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts this week.

terrie said...

Great retro winter card...I also like the red & blue color combo...
I like the different snowflakes that you added and glad that our snow days are over in Massachusetts (lol).

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi dear Kitty!! I was born in the '60s too! :) And I think those were fabulous years, in Italy there was a lot of freedom and life was easy... I don't know how was in Canada. , Oh yes, I agree with you, I would love to go back and live in the '60s! :D
Your card is delightful, that girl looks adorable with her stylish dress and the sparkling hat with pompoms!! Great contrast with the red background! The embossing looks great in silver, I think it's perfect for a retro feel!
Hugs and love!!

Suzanne H said...

Super card. This is a perfect image for that era. Your Christmas card stash is building up!

Donna said...

Very elegant and classy image and card sweet friend!

Barbara Godden said...

Super image beautifully coloured and great design, I also liked the 50's my teen years roller skating, ice skating, dancing in the park pavilion to the jukebox. Plaid reversable skirts, kitten sweater sets and saddle shoe. Watching Bobby Hull play Junior C hockey on a Friday night.

Jan Mahew said...

Fabulous vintage creation Karen! Thank you for sharing your stylish winter creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. I hope you will join us each month for a NEW challenge. Godd Luck and Happy Crafting!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

brenda said...

A fun and colourful creation, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts Feminine theme this week.

B x

Sheryl said...

A beautiful card.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

Mervi said...

Fabulous and feminine card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome Kitty, I love everything about it. Yes the 60's were great, although I was born in the 50's.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Linby said...

She's fabulous, I do love Anne's designs for PB. The red background really makes her pop too. Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful snowy & girl image. TY for entering CHNC Christmas Ch586. I was born in the late 50s. Luv music from the 60s.
Melissa CHNC Christmas Design Team 2022
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Lisa :) said...

This is a fabulous card!! I really love the 80s cause I grew up in the 80s, but I have a soft spot for 50s and 60s womens fashion. This reminds me of a Barbie doll and Barbie is my heart. Love it.

Zw@@n said...

Such a stunning card! That girl is so beautiful as well as your the colours. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. xx Wilma

Fikreta said...

Wonderful card!

Inkyfingers said...

What a fun card and your image is so stylish - perfect for our glitter and embossing challenge!
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x