Friday, February 25, 2022

Rudolph Day February

Hi, everyone!  It's Rudolph Day and I'm early for a change!  I am also joining the progressive challenge at Stampers Delights Fan Page on Facebook.  The February image is called Autumn Fox, but it also included a winter version with snowflakes instead of leaves, which is the one I chose.  This is a progressive challenge, so I received the image for free because I had joined the January challenge.  Anyone can join at any time, and it's free!


For my card, I decided to colour the image like a kitty instead of a fox, and now I have another winter holiday card made ahead of time!  I die-cut the image with Kat Scrappiness Stitched Rope Nested Oval and layered it with Spellbinders Big Scalloped Ovals in grey.  The patterned paper background is from Make and Create Magical Christmas, which I won a few months ago from Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas (thank you, Hazel!).  I added a die-cut bow (Poppystamps) stamped a sentiment (SugarPea Designs).  I finished the card by adhering a number of snowflake sequins.

My card design was inspired by the following sketch at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2:


I would also like to join the following 8 challenges, for a total of 10:
CRAFT 627 Christmas 1/2
Pammie's Inky Pinkies 2208 AG 1/3 C10
Rudolph Day February AG Christmas 1E C10
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday AG 2/5
The 12 Months of Christmas Link-up 85 February AG Christmas Optional Hearts 1/10
The Outlawz Festive Fridays Feb.18-Mar.3 AG Christmas UE
Winter Wonderland All I Want for Christmas is You 1/3
Word Art Wednesday 531-532 AG w Uplifting Sentiment Wk2 1/5

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a happy and carefree day!

13 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card.

Sue xx

Barbara Godden said...

what a sweet image beautifully coloured and great take on the sketch, Love the colours you chose as well. fabulous card. Early is good.

anne said...

Great card, beautifully coloured and a lovely take on Kathies sketch. Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
Anne SSW2-DT

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful take of the sketch, Kitty! Love how you turned that fox-girl in a kitty-girl!! :D Lovely paper and bow, they work so well with the grey and the sequins finished the card perfectly!
Hugs, love and peace on your way dear friend!

Kathie said...

Very cute card, what a great image and I love the colours you've used. Great dies and embellishments especially your paper bow. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

Chandhini said...

She looks lovely, love the choice of colors.

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is great Kitty, I love your colour palette.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

OlgaB said...

This is such a gentle project with the soft pink and grey with the image! Lovely!
Thank you for joining SSW2
Hugs from Africa!
OlgaB

Whisper said...

Oooo what a lovely image and a great take on the sketch too, thanks for joining us this month at Rudolph Days Challenge, Luv Sam x

Fikreta said...

this is so cute!
hugs

dorsetdawndesigns said...

Cute image and I love the background you've created. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Winter Wonderland Dawn S DT x

Suzanne H said...

This did make a great Christmas card. I love how you've made her a kitty.

Gail said...

This is one foxy lady! Lovely layout with the winter theme!