Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Sweet Wishes Snowman Soup

Hello, everyone!  Today I'm sharing another card for the 2022 Fall/Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!  Time is ticking and I still want to make some more cards before Friday so I had better get cracking!  There is so much caffeinated inspiration over there that I can't help but be inspired!  

This image is Sweet n Sassy Stamps - Snowman Soup and I coloured him with markers and fussy-cut so I could pop him up on foam tape. I also added Diamond Stickles to his marshmallows.

I created the background by applying sparkly embossing paste on white cardstock through a snowflake stencil (Hot off the Press Snowfall).  After it dried, I die-cut the white panel with a wonky stitched rectangle (Avery Elle) and then layered it on red cardstock.  Behind the snowman I added three different washi tapes.  I stamped a sentiment (SugarPea Designs) in red and finished the card by adhering three punched red snowflakes.

I was also inspired by the following challenges:
Beccy's Place Month of Holiday Cards (W for Washi Tape)
Christmas Craft Creations  November Washi Tape 1/3
Classic Design Team 11 AG UE
Creative Moments 240 Winter 1/3
Dare 2B Artzy Non-Birthday 2/3
Digi Choosday 46 AG 2/2
DL.ART November Linky AG UE
Double D Hot Beverages 1/3
Double Trouble Paper Crafting 125A Deja Brew (Thing1 Coffee/Tea/Cocoa, Thing3 Link up to Coffee Lovers Blog Hop) 4/4
Jan's Digi Stamps November AG 3/5
QKR Stampede 456 AG 2/3
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Stencil It 1/5
We Love Stamping Christmas 2/3
Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Sparkle, Sparkle, Sparkle UE (washi tape, Stickles)
Word Art Wednesday 569-570 AG w Uplifting Sentiment 1/5 wk2
World Wide Design Team 11 AG 2/3

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a peaceful and relaxing day!

21 comments:

Darlene said...

What a fun creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Tammy said...

WOW!! Love the washi tape--it's a great "anchor" for that snowman!! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations!

Beccy said...

Look at all those marshmallows! That's the only civilised way to drink hot chocolate. ;) You did a wonderful job with the background Kitty, I love the stencilled snowflakes. I really should drag out my stencils and mediums more often then I do, it's such a great effect. Love the wonky stitching too!
Cheers,
Beccy

brenda said...

A lovely textural background for the fun Snowman Kitty, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping November challenge.

B x

Donna Walls said...

Wow, I love the card design with the snowflakes in the background. And the image is adorable, I collect Snowmen so this is a new image for me and one that goes on my Wish List. Thanks for joining us at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.
Donna xx

Barbara Godden said...

Looks like he's been eating a few too many cookies, super cute card great use of the washing tzoe and the background is beautiful great colouring and design.

jimlynn said...

That's a cute image and I love the Stickles added to the marshmallows. Precious card.
Lynn

Suzanne H said...

I've used this image too! It's so cute. I think I'll post it today. I love that you added sparkles to the marshmallows. Mine is much more subdued.

Gina's Cards said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the snowman and oodles of marshmallows. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous card once again, Kitty! Love so much the design with that textured background and the cute snowman on the washi tape! The sparkling marshmallows are a fabulous catch-eyes! And love the three red sequins detail!! Well done!
With my DT hat say you many thanks thanks for joining us at We Love Stamping! Beautiful colouring and great design!

Alyson Mayo said...

I just love that snowman! He is super chunky with his hot drink! Lovely snowflakes background as well :)

Melanie Hungerford said...

That a great design, love the sparkly marshmallows! Thank you for sharing with us at Double Trouble!

Jan Mahew said...

Delightful card and coloring, Karen! Thank you for sharing your FUN creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Looking forward to seeing you again. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Hetty said...

Such a fun snowman on your card. Hope these are not marshmellows, but icecubes so he won't melt inside.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Great use of washi tape, something I always forget about using. Adorable image and perfect for your embossed background. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble "Deja-BREW".

Suzanne Reynolds said...

I like the white on white stenciling you did for the background and so perfect for your snowman with the bright red cup... adorable. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble "Deja-BREW"

terrie said...

Such a fat jolly snowman......too stinky cute.

Doni High said...

So cute...and I love the sparkles in the marshmallows. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon. Doni

Furrbster said...

Great design and I love the hot chocolate the snowman has hold of!! Looks yummy on a cold snowy day.

Thanks for getting wintry with us at Creative Moments,

Hugz Tinz

kReN said...

Love your image. Thanks for joining us at the QKR Stampede challenge. kReN@afourthlife

Wendy Jackson said...

Such a fun card and love the background

Thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Wk 46 Digi Choosday challenge….

Love and crafty hugs from

Wendy (DT)