Monday, November 7, 2022

November Guest Designer - Cheerful Sketches

Hello, everyone!  I'm happy to announce that I have been invited as a Guest Designer over at Cheerful Sketches for November!  Yay!  Our sketch for the month is shown below, and I hope you will be inspired to join us!  


I made a fun winter holiday card:


You will notice I rotated the sketch counter-clockwise, as shown below.


The adorable image is Snowboardin' from SheepSki Designs. I coloured the image with markers, added Diamond Stickles to the white parts of his hat, and then die-cut with a pinpoint rectangle.  I die-cut a hexagon from patterned paper and layered the hexagon and pinpoint rectangle with green cardstock.  I adhered three strips of a darker green cardstock behind the image as per the sketch.  For the vertical element on the right-hand side of the sketch, I opted for a die-cut tree (Impression Obsession) in green glitter.  For the stars, I went with die-cut red-glitter snowflakes.  

The white panel is embossed with a snowflake pattern (Taylored Expressions Winter Flurry) and I stamped a sentiment (Your Next Stamp Hello Winter) at the bottom right.

Thank you to Cheerful Sketches for having me as your Guest Designer this month - it was fun!  


I would also like to join the following challenges:
Allsorts 701 Sparkle and Shine 1/3
Beccy's Place Month of Holiday Cards (jumping ahead to S for snow, snowman, snowflakes, snowboarding, sketch, sparkle, scarf)
Colour Crazy 44 AG 1/2
Crafts Galore Encore November AG 3/3
Crafty Catz 613 AG Optional 3 or More Layers 1/3
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper November UE
Creative Fingers 242 AG 1/3
SheepSki Designs Challenges 68 Gems, Glitter, Sparkle 1/3
Simon Says Stamp Monday Christmas 3/5
The 12 Months of Christmas Link-up 94 AG Christmas Optional Patterned Paper 2/10
Through the Craft Room Door Oct.25 AG 4/4
Wednesday's Creative Inspirations November Sparkle, Sparkle, Sparkle UE
Word Art Wednesday 567-568 AG wk2 2/5

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a peaceful and carefree day!

25 comments:

papierelle said...

The snowman is very cool on his snowboard like that and if he falls in the snow it's not so bad... *laugh*

Beccy said...

Congratulations on your guest spot Kitty, and well done on the card you created! It's always interesting to see several people interpret the same sketch... I love how different the creations are. The image you chose is fabulous and I love the glittery embellishments you added. Well done!
Cheers,
Beccy

jimlynn said...

Congrats on the guest designer spot and I love your card! Cool sketch and you've used it perfectly with that cute image. Great embossed background
Lynn

terrie said...

Congrats on being a DG for the month of November what an awesome honor...enjoy it.
Your card is so cute with the snowman snowboarding down the hill...I also like the background wonky tree paper it's a great choice....TFS

Ellibelle said...

What a great sketch and cute snowman image!
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge where it's all about Sparkle and Shine!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Donna Ellis said...

What perfect paper for the snowboarding snowman, KT! Those "jumping around Christmas Trees" look almost like they are moving away helter-skelter from the snowman's action! It also reminds me of that chaotic harry potter scene during the quidditch match in The Prisoner of Azkaban LOL (I know - I have a warped sense of imagination at times). LOL I love how fun your snow-laden creation is and all the sparkly elements you have included!
Crafting Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Donna said...

Absolutely adorable, like the sparkly additions and it is a great take on the sketch! Congrats on your GD spot dear friend!

Jantine said...

What a cute and cheerful card!

Dena J said...

Great fun card! The embossing and sparkling details are just right for the snowboarding snowman. Many thanks for joining the Sparkle & Shine challenge at Allsorts.

brenda said...

An attractive design with the Hexagon Kitty, thanks so much for sharing at our Sparkle and Shine theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Suzanne H said...

Congratulations on being a DT at Cheerful Sketches. I have to add this to my regular list because you know I love to work from a sketch. Could this little snowman be any cuter? I love how you've incorporated lots of greens. Lovely work!

Fikreta said...

Its gorgeous card!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow Kitty, you rock! :D Congrats for another GD spotlight, well deserved for sure!! Your take of the sketch is awesome! I'm not too much good with sketches, but love them. The snowboarding-snowman seems so happy to play! :D Lovely colouring and fabulous matching dp that makes the card very fun and festive, and also more with those sparkling snowflakes and tree, and the elegant embossed background!! It's a so inspiring card!
Have a lovely week full of peace and joy, my friend! Big hugs!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
Penny's Challenge
My Blog As I do Rodos

Barbara Godden said...

What a great sketch and that snow boarding snowman is so cute, well coloured and great colours and intpretation of the sketch. Another holiday card done!! wtg.

Sabina said...

Lovely card. Thank you for entering our challenge at Polkadoodles.
Sabina DT

Mervi said...

Lovely card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts this Sparkle week;-))m

Alyson Mayo said...

Who doesn’t love a sledding snowman? This is so sweet and I love the bold colours!

Catie Cuddles said...

What a cute card.
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Rachael said...

Such a cute card, and a great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles, Good luck and hoe we'll see you again soon!

Christin said...

A great card for this sketch! Thanks for joining us at DigiChoosday Challenge! Christin

Wendy Jackson said...

Such a fun card and lovely colouring

Thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Wk 44 Digi Choosday challenge….

Love and crafty hugs from

Wendy (DT)

MeSi said...

Great card, I love that green-white colour scheme. Thank you for sharing at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge. Hope to see you again!

Merja DT
https://kortitjakokkailut.blogspot.com

Dawn Frost said...

Cute snowman, love the background! Thanks for joining Colour Crazy Challenges, good luck! Dawn DT

Suze said...

Gorgeous card Kitty. I struggled with this sketch but you slayed it. Thank you for entering the Use Patterned Paper Challenge at 12 Months of Christmas.