Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Felt Tree Ornament

Hello, everyone!  Today I'm sharing a fun holiday card featuring Felt Christmas Tree by Unity Stamps.  I won this stamp in the September {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge (thank you, Crystal!).  The ornament is just my style as it reminds me of a cookie, and I love his cute smiley face!  I stamped and coloured the image with markers and then fussy-cut.  I also applied Copper Glitterific on the green part for some sparkle.

The pine tree branch is from Graciellie Designs Winter Blessings.  I have the digital but this is also a beautiful stamp set from Unity Stamps.  I printed it in green after duplicating the pine branch a number of times to get the effect of a tree.  Next I used a finger dauber with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink for some additional green on the pine branch.  I stamped the sentiment (also from Unity Stamps) in Mowed Lawn Distress Ink.  It's not the best ink to stamp with, so I made several impressions using my MISTI.  The white panel is die-cut with Kat Scrappiness Stitched Rope Nested Rectangle and layered on brown cardstock.  Lastly I adhered the felt ornament to simulate hanging on the tree. 

I was inspired by the following 8 challenges:
Allsorts 701 Sparkle and Shine 2/3 (the Glitterific is quite sparkly in real life)
Beccy's Place Month of Holiday Cards (jumping ahead to T for Tree)
Christmas Kickstart 68 Trees, Trees, Trees 1/3 C8
Dare 2B Artzy Non-Birthday 1/3
DL.ART November Linky AG UE
Unity {Show and Tell} FB Group Build Your Holiday Stash
We Love Stamping Christmas 1/3
Word Art Wednesday 567-568 AG wk2 2/5 

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a wonderful day!

16 comments:

jimlynn said...

Super cute card and it really does look like a cookie! Love all the pine branches.
Lynn

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Kitty! Your tree ornament hanging on the tree looks so cute!!! It's adorable! It really remember a sweet cookie :) Congrats for your won, you put this lovely stamp to a great use! The pine tree branches are fabulous with the additional ink, such pretty soft feel!! Great design!
Thanks so much for sharing your sweet card with us at We Love Stamping!
Sending hugs, love, peace and heartfelt thoughts as always! Enjoy your days my friend!

Suzanne H said...

Unity has some super cute images. I really love how you created the pine branches. It really looks like a Christmas tree. Lovely work!

Beccy said...

The tree is fantastic Kitty, you've done a great job with the stamping and colouring... the branches look full and beautiful. I love the addition of the ornament, what a cute little face!
Cheers,
Beccy

Dena J said...

Very cute! What a sweet ornament to hang on your pretty tree branches. Many thanks for joining the Sparkle & Shine challenge at Allsorts.

brenda said...

A very effective way to use the ornament stamp Kitty, many thanks for joining in with ur November Christmas theme at We Love Stamping challenge and also this weeks Sparkle and Shine theme at Allsorts.

B x

Linby said...

Your pine branch tree looks wonderful as does the ornament. What a shame that the sparkle is not showing on your photo as it would IRL. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

papierelle said...

Awesome card and IO like the beautiful background with the fir branches!!

Pam said...

Garling Christmas card! You stamped everything beautifully and the colors are so nice.
Your felt cookie looks good enough to eat, YUM!!!

Have a great day!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

terrie said...

Your card Kitty turned out really nice, those branches add so much to your card with the hanging ornament....well done making this card so adorable.

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a pretty card Kitty - love your branches and how you have added extra colour. Your cookie cutter tree is gorgeous.
Thank you for joining us at the We Love Stamping Christmas Challenge
Blessings
Maxine WLS DT

Mervi said...

Lovely card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts this Sparkle week;-))m

KraftyKoolKat said...

Fantastic work on those pine branches. Great ornament as well.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Fikreta said...

beautiful card.

Barbara Godden said...

What an adorable felt tree ornament, so cute. Great use of the pine boughs stamp, I find the distress inks don't like acrylic stamps. Thanks for adding to the Trees,trees,trees, challenge at Christmas Kickstart.
Barbara GDT.

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, I'm sorry I'm a little behind with my visiting! Jo x