Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Meow, Baby

Hello, everyone!  This month I've been joining the fun challenge over at Beccy's Place for her annual Month of Holiday Cards.  This is the 10th year so it's extra special!  The festivities are going on all month so I hope you'll head over and check it out!  The graphic and link are on my right-hand sidebar. It's an alphabet challenge, and I've chosen the letter H for humorous.  

For today's card I've used a kitty from one of Beccy's newer digitals called Christmas Kitties. I coloured the image with markers, fussy-cut, and adhered to a snowflake-embossed stitched circle.  I think everyone knows a person like this kitty, and they are usually making the rounds at the staff Christmas party after a few drinks LOL!


The "Meow Baby" sentiment is from the same Beccy's set, and it has been die-cut in a speech-bubble shape, onto which I doodled some dots around the circle.  The sentiment at the bottom, which is a bit hard to read on the patterned paper, says, "What happens under the mistletoe stays under the mistletoe," and is from Beccy's set called Finn and MollyI used some patterned papers that I won in the September {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge (thank you, Crystal!), along with a scrap of green glitter cardstock.  To finish the card, I punched three small snowflakes in red for a pop of colour.

My card design was inspired by Sketch 28 at {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge, and I rotated it 2x clockwise.  (The link-up is in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook Group.)  

I was also inspired by the following 8 challenges, for a total of 10:
Crafty Catz 614 AG Optional Twist Birthday Treats 3/3 
Creative Knockouts 478 Christmas Delight 3/3 C10
Jan's Digi Stamps November AG 2/5
Show Us Your Pussycats 83 Furry-thing Goes UE

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a carefree day!

9 comments:

jimlynn said...

This little kitty really does look like she's had too much fun at a Christmas party - and I LOVE it!!! SO cute and fun and your card is adorable.
Lynn

Barbara Godden said...

OMW this is priceless, love love love it, super cute image and sentiment, yes I remember staff parties, tried to stay under the radar. Your take on the sketch is fab. this is a 10 in my books.

Donna said...

Great card, so much personality with this kitty! Thanks for joining in at Jan's Digi Challenge!

Beccy said...

Your description made me chuckle Kitty, you're spot on about the office Christmas party!
I love the way you've coloured the image, his stripes are a fabulous addition. Great choice of paper for the background too, the tones work well with the grey marker. Love the little pops of red here and there.
Cheers,
Beccy

Donna Walls said...

Oh My Goodness, he makes me smile! Reminds me of my husband..LOL. Thanks for playing at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.
Donna xx

Aunty Sue said...

Great image he has such attitude and thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz this week

Jan Mahew said...

He has the attitude totally working for him... ;-) Thank you, Karen for sharing your FUN creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Bonnie Lynn said...

Your cat is priceless! Great coloring and use of the sketch at BYSHC. Thanks for joining us this week at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Hope to see you again. Bonnie DT

terrie said...

This cat is so sassy just look at it.... when I saw it, I said wow this cat got it all.....love it & well done