Thursday, November 3, 2022

Snowman Greetings

Hello, everyone!  Today I'm sharing a cute snowman card!  My favourite icons for winter holiday cards are gingerbreads, snowmen, and cats, so that's what I plan to focus on this month!  

Today's card features Newton's Nook Snowman Greetings.  The set comes with several greetings to stamp on the board, and I chose Let it Snow.  I coloured the image with markers, fussy-cut, and popped it up on foam tape.  So sorry for the poor quality of my photo as we've had some dull days lately.  If I can get a better photo, I'll come back and add it later.

The white background is embossed with Memory Box Snowy Forest, and I adhered a snowy landscape (Lawn Fawn) to create a little scene.  I adhered some trees and a cardinal from Newton's Nook Forest Scene Builder Die. The trees are die-cut from a scrap of Doodlebug Polar Pals 6x6 paper pad.

My colours were inspired by Newton's Nook Inky Paws Challenge 185, which asks for Coral, Wine Red, Denim Blue, and Caramel Brown.


In case you haven't seen it yet, Beccy's Place is hosting her Month of Holiday Cards, and I've already fallen behind LOL!  I think Beccy is on the letter C, but with my card I'm going with B for blue and brown. 


I was also inspired by the following challenges:
ABC Christmas U for Unusual Christmas Colours UE
Allsorts 700th Challenge Celebration Any Occasion (Christmas) 2/3
Colour Crazy 43 AG Colouring 1/2
Crafts Galore Encore November AG 2/3
Die-Cut Divas November AG 2/4
DL.ART November Linky AG UE

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a fun crafty day!

27 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi dear Kitty! Also here there is a bad weather, a bit dark and it's raining. Despite the photo isn't very clear and surely it doesn't do justice to your card, we all can see that this wintery scene is so cute!!! :) Such sweet snowman with his blue bird friend!! And the trees are so cute too, well done cutting them from a scrap of design paper!
Sending you lots of hugs as always, with good wishes of peace, joy and carefree days ahead!

Suzanne H said...

That's a cute stamp set and that you can stamp different sentiments on the board is a great idea. Lovely card. (I'm trying to get ahead of Beccy's challenge. I have to get all my Thanksgiving cards made so I can send them out in time. :)

Beccy said...

I love snowmen too Kitty, although there isn't much opportunity to create them where I live... especially not at Christmas!
You've done a wonderful job creating a snowy forest background for him. I love the little birds too. Fabulous!
Cheers,
Beccy

terrie said...

Kitty, you did a fantastic job using the blue & brown on this card for the letter B...such a wonderful wintery scene.

Billie A said...

Cute snowman and scene. Thanks for sharing over at Colour Crazy.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fabulous card
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
Penny's Challenge
My Blog As I do Rodos

brenda said...

A fun winter card Kitty, many thanks for sharing it with us at our 700th Allsorts challenge.

B x

Linby said...

He is cute and such a fun card. Thanks for taking part in the Allsorts 700th challenge.

valscraftings said...

Beautiful, cute image scene!
Thank you for joining in at Festive Fridays Challenge
Val - DT Leader

Pam said...

What an adorable snowman card! He looks so cute visiting with his little bluebird friend!

Have a great day!
Hugs,
Pam

Donna said...

Darling scene and colors, like all the dimension and your coloring!

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute and gorgeous Kitty. I love your three choices for the theme of your cards this year.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Dena J said...

Cutest snowperson card! Thank you for joining the 700th challenge at Allsorts.

Arlene said...

Such a cute snowman and that background embossing is perfect for your scene. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our November "Anything Goes" challenge.

Indy's Designs said...

Oh this is darling! Great use of the Inky Paws Challenge colors! So glad you were inspired to join us!
Hugs,
Debbie

Marie Bingaman said...

This card turned out super cute, Kitty, and of course, I love a good snowman image! I love how you used a more fall-inspired color challenge (that's how I see it anyway!) and made a Christmas card with it. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas for our U for Unusual Christmas colors challenge, and good luck! :)
~Marie B -DT

CraftingMum said...

lovely card thanks for sharing it with us at colour crazy

jimlynn said...

Cute little snowman and I really like the fun trees to go with him. Great card!!!
Lynn

2sistersproject said...

Awesome card! Thanks for linking to the Inky Paw's Challenge Hugs Diane

Amy said...

Your card is adorable! Your coloring is gorgeous and I love the scene you created! Thank you so much for joining us at the Inky Paws Challenge!

Fikreta said...

So very beautiful card!

Donna Parrott said...

What a great project! Thanks for joining in with a Polkadoodles challenge, Donna P (DT)

Sheryl said...

A sweet scene.
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx
TTCRD DT

Sylvia kaarten en zo. said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

Dawn Frost said...

Love your snowman, great card! Thanks for joining Colour Crazy Challenges, good luck! Dawn Dt

Carole J said...

Such a sweet snowman card, Karen. Lovely little scene. We have shocking, dull days too which make life difficult - roll on the spring :)

Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” November Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

Suze said...

Nice card Kitty. Thank you for entering the Use Patterned Paper Challenge at 12 Months of Christmas.