Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Thinking of You Kitty (Squigglefly image)

Hi, everyone.  Before I share today's card, I would like to welcome some lovely new followers - Mary/very_inky_fingers, Brenda/bsl60, Tenia Nelson, Vinita Jain, and Lisa Mensing - I am happy you are here!

My card today features an adorable Kitten by Enid Barnes from Squigglely.  I won a challenge over at Squigglefly, way back in February, and this was my prize - I just couldn't resist this sweet kitten!  I am finally getting her onto a card after all this time.  Boy oh boy, moving and health problems really kept me from crafting up a storm and now I am having fun again!


The only colouring I did is her eyes and I wonder if I just should have left them alone. You may have noticed lately I've done several cards of this style.  That's because I'm making a little gift set of cards for various occasions, so you will be seeing a few more of this style over the next little while as I make the set.  So far I have Christmas, birthday, and thinking of you, so I have a few more to go!

Other supplies used:
  • Patterned paper:  Recollections, Dollarama
  • Die:  Spellbinders Classic Hearts
  • Rubber Stamp:  Sentiment (The Old Island Stamp Company)
  • Accents:  Button, sequins (stash)

I would like to support the following challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge Clean and Simple UE
Crafty Sentiments Bingo (I chose DP, die cut, and sentiment) 1/3
RANDOM WINNER DL.ART Use Purple and Green 3/3
Eclectic Ellapu Hearts UE
Eureka Stamps Use Some Bling (sequins) 2/3
My Craft Creations AG UE
Not Just Cards AG UE
{PIN}spirational AG 1/5
Pumpkin Spice Cats UE
Squigglefly Dotty UE
Simon Says Stamp Monday Finishing Touch (sentiment stamp finished it off) 3/5
Sister Act (Cards Only) AG UE
The Pink Elephant AG UE
TTCRD AG 1/2
Tuesday Throwdown Opposites Attract 1/3
Whoopsi Daisy 2 or More Designer Papers UE

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!


P.S.  I'm celebrating my 50th birthday next month with Candy!  Help me celebrate - my candy is here!

DL.ART grab my button

36 comments:

jimlynn said...

Kitty, sorry I haven't been around but have been out of town. This is SOOOOO CUTE! I love that precious image of the kitty - and love your card too!
Lynn

Bad Kitty said...

cute kitty image.
I like your card.
It's very nice

Dawn said...

Brilliant CAS card! I love that image & yes, the eyes are just gorgeous!
HUgs
Dawn xxx

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous, such a fabulous CAS design and adorable image.
Pauline
x

terrie said...

Kitty, your card turned out really nice...the kitten is a great stamp.
Well done

Lisa said...

This is so sweet!! The kitty is adorable!! I love that you colored her eyes!! Fabulous card my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tenia Nelson said...

So cute!!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. thank you for joining the challenge at Whoopsi Daisy and thank you for your comments on my blog.

Patti said...

Oh! so adorable Kitty!! I simply LOVE this darling kitty! I think the eyes being colored really MAKES! this card : )

Patti

Kristie Maynard said...

Great card and I love that you colored the eyes, I think it's just lovely. Thanks for entering the Eureka! Stamps Challenge this week.

New Creations said...

Wow, so cute and sweet image and colored eyes really pops up!!! I love this CAS card, super cute!

Isobel said...

Great card thanks for sharing at Whoopsi Daisy good luck x

Unknown said...

A wonderful card Kitty, love the image and your detail is spot on, hugs my friend xxx

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Oh how pretty! I do like how you colored her eyes! So glad you are getting to enjoy crafting more! :)

marion said...

colouring the eyes makes her feel more alive, I love this card, so you ! Lots of hugs and love to you and cuddles to my three sweeties overseas and I think they need a brush :)

Crafty Judith said...

morning Kitty really fab card hun love it hugs Judith x

aussie aNNie said...

GORGEOUS, LOVE IT such a cute CAS card.xxThe Journey is the Start


Barbara Godden said...

Love the image and a fabulous CAS card.

Lori said...

So sweet - love the green eyes! So glad you're feeling better...

Kathy Bradley said...

Your card is absolutely wonderful and the image adorable! I have this sweet image from Enid Barnes as well. Thanks so much for joining us at Squigglefly this week and hope to see you again very soon. P.S. Glad you are feeling better!

Crafting Suzie's Creations said...

Love this idea thank you for joining us in the Whoopsi Daisy Challenge
Sue DT xx

Donna said...

Adorable image and your design showcases her so beautifully!

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Wow I love the kitty on your card. Sweet.... Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Throwdown Challenges.
Linda K. DT

Donna Ellis said...

Such a sweet little kitty. I LOVE the green eyes, and how they match the strip across the back! Darling card, KT! xo

Unknown said...

Absolutely adorable!!

Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

aussie aNNie said...

Hi again Kitty, did you see you won over at our challenge...http://craftingforallseasons.blogspot.com.au/ last time....and yes I just love the Teddy Bo images, have you played with any yet...they are just gorgeous.xx
The Journey is the Start

CraftingMum said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy. X

Marina said...

Cute, cute, cute!! And such a serene and elegant design.Thank you for joining us at Pinspirational Challenges. Marina DT.

Unknown said...

Aww what a gorgeous little kitten I'm not surprised you picked that! The heart looks so sweet with it! Lovely CAS design!
Lucy x

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful card! The kitten is so sweet and I think the coloured eyes adds a wonderful touch. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Lovely card, thanks so much for joining in on the Squigglefly challenge this week!

LAURA CARAZO said...

OMG!!! what a wonderfulll project... love it!!!
thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy

Jen Leeflang said...

The sweet image you've used on your CAS card is gorgeous! Thanks for joining our challenge over at Squigglefly this week!
luv
Jen L
Squigglefly DT

Aunty Sue said...

oh how adorable is that kitten and such a lovely card thanks for sharing with us at crafty sentiments this week hope to see you back again real soon.

Bettina L. said...

That kitten is absolutely adorable. Thanks for playing at Crafty Sentiments. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina GD Member at Crafty Sentiments xx

nwilliams6 said...

Purfect image for you to get at Squigglefly. I didn't know you were moving and having some health issues - that combination is not good! I hope things are getting better. Your card is wonderful! I love the image with the eyes colored or not colored - both work wonderfully. That is one of the wonderful things about her images! Great card and so great to see you in the Squigglefly challenge! Hugz!