Friday, November 3, 2023

Butterfly Joy-Fold Card

Hello and Happy November!  We had 3 inches of snow a couple days ago but it's all gone now, Yay!  I'm not ready for winter yet!

Today I present my first Joy-Fold Card!  I was inspired by Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge 188, and I chose all of the options:  Monochromatic, Joy-Fold Card, and Lace Edging (real or faux), plus Butterflies.  The colour options are shown below, and I chose Lilacs.

In doing this challenge, the hardest part was choosing monochromatic patterned papers. It turns out that I have very few so I spent a long time searching through my patterned papers and ended up in my old Dollarama stash, where I finally found some suitable papers that coordinated.  


The unbranded sentiment stamp I chose for the front was of poor quality and did not take the ink well, very disappointing, but I do like these words.  The butterfly and flower center are punched shapes.  

Here's how the card looks when open:


The large butterfly is a Gina Marie Designs die, and my faux lace is Die-Versions Whispers Lacey Dots border die.  I added three more punched butterflies with flower centers.  I would normally add gems to the middle of my butterflies but I thought they would indent the paper when closed so I opted for the flower centers.  The inside is left blank so I can write my message later.  I like how my card turned out, and now I know how to make a Joy-Fold Card, thanks to Mrs. A!

Here's Mrs. A's Butterfly Wheel for Challenge 188; I chose Lilacs:


I would like to join the following challenges:
Butterfly Challenge 188 Monochromatic, Joy-Fold Card, Lace Edging, Butterflies 1/3
CRAFT 696 AG 1/2

I started sharing cat memes/cartoons last month for the cat lovers challenge in memory of Janis Woolbright from Her Peaceful Garden so I thought I would continue.  Enjoy!




Thank you for being here, and for your kind words in the comments.  They brighten my day!  I will visit your blog sometime over the weekend.  Peaceful wishes to all!

13 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Oh what a beautiful butterfly joy fold card. It's great whenyou learn something new,I am a fun fold seeker.hafent made a joy fold for a longvwhile. Great use of the butterflies the co-ordinatecwith those preen papers. Vfsuper job with tge challe ge.

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Kitty. Great design and in my favourite colour too. xx

papierelle said...

You chose a beautiful, delicate color, it goes very well with the butterflies. And I'm happy that you continue to show memes with cats and I had to laugh heartily at the first picture!!

Carol L said...

That's a beautiful joy fold card with a lovely sentiment to go along with that pretty butterfly. Love the funnies, they're too cute ;)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Ah ah ah!!! LOVE these memes!!! I'm so happy you continue sharing them! The first one is SOOOO TRUE!! :D LOL I always find any sort of cat related items when I move a piece of furniture! :D
Your joy fold card for the Butterfly challenge is very sweet and elegant!! Beautiful design with te focal sentiment and the shades of lilac! Love so much the flower centres instead of gems for the butterflies, thanks for the inspiration!
Sending you big hugs, love and peace dear friend!

Lena said...

Beautiful butterflies on a beautiful fold card. Joy fold cards are always so fun to make and always well received. Love the shades of purple you used for your monochromatic theme. Beautifully done! xx

Tina Z. said...

wow, great fold card, you gave me some ideas for the butterfly challenge, thank you!
uf, great memes :)))

Suzanne H said...

So pretty! I haven't played at the Butterfly Challenge yet as I'm not very good at monochromatic. Loving the Cat Memes! Thanks for continuing them.

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

So pretty Kitty! Such soft pretty color! LOL, the funnies are hillarious! It's a treasure hunt every time I sweep under the couch! lol... I'm still chuckling about the sprinkles joke!
Hope you are doing well and having a beautiful day! (((HUGS!)))

Alyson Mayo said...

This is so pretty n a monochromatic purple colour scheme - love the butterflies :)

Elizabeth Hart said...

Very pretty in the soft pastel color. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge

Donna said...

Gorgeous joy fold card and the comics are fabulous too!

Fikreta said...

its very beautiful card!