Thursday, November 23, 2023

Furry and Bright

Hello, everyone!  Today I'm sharing a card featuring a kitty who appears to be all ready for the holidays.  She has her presents wrapped and has decorated her home with ornaments.  This image is free this month over at Gecko Galz for their November Stamp Challenge.  When I saw the cute kitty, I couldn't resist colouring it!


I coloured the image with markers, rounded the corners, and inked all around the image with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide.  I layered the image onto a die-cut lacey rectangle in pink and then onto a snowflake-embossed panel in teal.  Lastly, I adhered a self-made sentiment (Microsoft Word).

I was inspired by the following challenges:
Allsorts 755 Christmas Time 1/3
As You Like It Favourite Christmas Critter and Why (Cats are my favourite animal, whether for Christmas, winter, summer, spring, or fall.  Why?  Because I have loved cats ever since I was a child, I have always had cats as pets, and they are just so cute and fun to colour!)
Beccy's Place A Month of Holiday Cards O for Ornaments UE
CRAFT 699 Christmas Present (kitty has all of her presents wrapped) 1/2
Crazy for Cats 13 Anything Cat Goes or  Home is Where the Cat Is 1/5
Die-Cut Divas November It's All About the Holidays (must use die) 4/4
Gecko Galz November Stamp Challenge 
Jan's Digi Stamps November AG 1/5
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends AG 1/3
Sheepski 80 Getting Ready for Christmas 1/3
Show us Your Pussycats 94 Furrything Goes UE
Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Contemporary Christmas Colours UE
Word Art Wednesday 623-624 AG w Uplifting Sentiment wk1 1/5

Here is a fun cat cartoon for you... enjoy!


Thank you for being here!  Wishing you a joyful day!  I will be around to visit your blogs tomorrow or over the weekend!  

27 comments:

Dena J said...

A very sweet image and I love your choice of pinks and blues. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts this week.

Beccy said...

Fantastic image Kitty, so much to look at! You did a great job with the colouring and you've coordinated the cardstock perfectly. I love the cute sentiment too!
Cheers,
Beccy

Donna said...

This is stunning, like the colors and all your beautiful coloring. Like the pink frame and your embossed background too, very festive! Hope you had a great day and a blessed week dear friend.

Donna said...

And thank you for sharing your card with Jan's Digi Stamp Challenge!

brenda said...

Absolutely beautiful Kitty and what a super colour palette, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts Christmas Time challenge. Smiled at the cartoon, our problem is making sure chocolate is right up the top away from 'baby', our youngest Lab.

B x

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a cute and beautiful card Kitty

gr karin

LesleyG said...

Cute image, and beautiful kitty card, purrfect for the holidays. Loving the cartoons xxx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A gorgeous card
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge.
Good luck Ginny DT for CRAFT Challenge Blog

Carol L said...

I like the non-traditional colors of this fun little Christmas card and your coloring looks amazing too! LOL at the cat cartoon, that makes perfect sense too LOL

Ellibelle said...

A really wonderful Christmas card and how funny is that meme!!
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

terrie said...

Your card is so sweet and adorable at the same time...the color combo you choose is awesome also...well done and I love it.

Liz said...

Wonderful card, Kitty. I love the colours you've used. xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hallo dear Kitty! This is a post for smiling! :) Absolutely LOVE your cute card, such beautiful image (thanks for sharing about the GG free digi, I downloaded it!) and you coloured it so well, it has a really lovely and delicate sweetness!! Fabulous design too!!
And the cartoon has been a true revelation, this is just THE SOLUTION! Yay! It's a LOL but not at all! :D Now I only have to find a cat tree so high and I solved the problem of the missing Christmas tree! :D Cat toys for ornaments and it's done!! :D
Thanks for the smiles, dear friend! I wish you a day filled of smiles and laughs too!!
Big hugs and love from my little space on the planet!

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

So cute! I love the embossing and the gorgeous colors you used! Awesome coloring!!!

Suzanne H said...

I had to color up this image too. It's so cute. I love the colors you've used.

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card with your pretty kitty and I love the colours, so soft and lovely..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

Luv CHRISSYxx

papierelle said...

And I'm sure you thought a lot about Snowie when you were coloring it. Beautiful card and I like the pastel tones, they match it perfectly.

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project! DT Val x
https://crazyforcatschallenges.blogspot.com/

Tilka said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carole J said...

Adorable, Karen! I love the pink and blues you used on this lovely stamp. Great embossed background and a perfect sentiment. Thank you for joining the Christmas image challenge at Gecko Galz this month. xx

Sheryl said...

A lovely Kitty card.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

Zw@@n said...

What a fun card! I love the image and the colours. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

Gail said...

Like your colors!! and cute cat joke as well - hoping all is well with you, hubby and the family - miss you but I understand about life--- have a blessed rest of the year - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - hugs from the USA

Barbara Godden said...

Adorable image, I love the non-traditional colors lovely card

Fikreta said...

so pretty card!
oh tahts great mem.
Thank you for playing at SUYP/Cats only challenge
 Hope to see you again! Good luck!
 Fiki  
my blog: Bad Kitty's Craft Room  

Arlene said...

Such a sweet Christmas card! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our November challenge.

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

Love the colours you've used in your cute kitty card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Jayne DT