Sunday, October 29, 2023

Brrr - Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge

Hello, everybody! Before I get started, I would like to welcome my newest follower - Barb Finnical - thank you so much for joining me!

All month I have been taking part in the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge at Christmas Kickstart, and sadly the challenge will end on October 31.  You still have time to join the fun and inspiration, so head over and check it out!  You will remember that this challenge has been organized to honour Janis Woolbright from Her Peaceful Garden, who hosted the annual Cat Lovers Hop and who sadly passed away in January 2023.  RIP, Janis, I know you would have enjoyed this month so much!

Today's card was also inspired by Let's Play Tic-Tac-Toe with Gail, which is Day 8 of the challenge. Gail has put together a fun tic-tac-toe board featuring some of Janis's cards to inspire us.  For this card, I chose the diagonal line of Die-cut, Tag, and Stamp. Please scroll down to see Gail's inspirational game board.


This adorable kitten is from Newton's Nook (one of the challenge's generous sponsors), and this is my first time inking it up.  The set is called A Kitten Christmas.  I had fun colouring this kitty with markers, and then I added some sparkle to her hat with Star Dust Stickles.  I fussy-cut the kitten so I could pop her up on foam tape.  The Brrr sentiment is also from Newton's Nook, from the Snowflake Roundabout stamp set.

Nearly all items for this card were snippets/scraps/leftovers:  the patterned paper, the sparkly red bow, the torn white landscape, and the embossed blue tag.  Even the snowflake gems were left out on my desk as I had intended to use them on my previous card.  Sorry I didn't take a photo of the snippets before adhering everything, totally forgot.

Other products used:
Dies: Die-cuts were leftovers but I looked up the brands:  STAMPlorations Tags 1 Nesting Dies CUTplorations (tag), Paper Smooches Wise Dies - Bows (bow)  
Embossing folder: Tag was already embossed but it's Die'sire Embossalicious Let it Snow
Patterned paper:  Lawn Fawn scraps 
Snowflake gems:  My old Dollarama stash

Here's Gail's Tic-Tac-Toe board of Janis's inspiration cards. Hop over to Day 8 to get a closer look:

I would like to join the following challenges, for a total of 10:
ABC Christmas U for Use it Up (scraps and leftovers described above) UE
Allsorts 752 Embossing Heat or Dry 1/3
Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge - Christmas Kickstart October Cats 6/6 C10
Cat Lovers Challenge Day 8 Let's Play Tic-Tac-Toe with Gail (die-cut, tag, stamp) 3/3
Creative Fingers 264 AG 1/3
Die-Cut Divas Layering Die, or Layer a Die-cut on another Die-cut (bow on tag) 3/4
DL.ART October Linky AG UE
Pixie's Snippet Playground 466  Snippets as described above 1E C10
Show Us Your Pussycats October Furrything Goes UE
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday AG 1/5

Janis enjoyed making everyone smile by sharing cat memes/cartoons, so here are a few more for you. Enjoy!






Thank you for being here and for looking at everything I shared today. Wishing you a wonderful day with many blessings!

27 comments:

DIANA L. said...

Such a sweet kitty I love all your cartoons
Thank you for joining the DL.ART OCTOBER 2023 LINKY CHALLENGE or/and the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge #334
Have a blessed day,
DIANA L.

Bunny said...

The guitar is out of tuna? That is so funny.

Love your sweet card with the pretty patterned paper and the great snowflakes. [Bunny]

coldwaters2 said...

This is full of sweetness and delight I love that cute kitty also the embossed panel thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

Denise Bryant said...

Darling card with this sweet kitty!
All the cartoons are so fun!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi dear Kitty!! Your card is so precious! Love the little kitty with Santa's hat, how cute!! You coloured her so well and the sparkling hat looks great! Love the embossed tag with those snowflake gems and the glitter bow! Beautiful design!
Your memes crack me up, how fun!!:D
Hope that Sweet Pea is becoming less sad and scared!
Sending big hugs and love

Sarn said...

Loving the Christmas card with the sweet kitty on it.
Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. We’re gathering wood for the bonfire next Sunday - feel free to help! Xxx

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Your card is PRETTY, PRETTY, PRETTY! Love the colors you used, and your kitty in the stocking is precious! Cool layout, and I love those sparkly stars! Beautiful coloring! Hard to believe that it is almost the end of October! Where did this month go? Hope you are doing well! Pet Sweet Pea for me! :)

KarinsArtScrap said...

cute and beautiful card Kitty

gr karin

brenda said...

Saw your comment and so nice to see you join us and with such a sweet card, the embossing is perfect for our Allsorts optional theme this week, many thanks for joining in.

B x

papierelle said...

The little kitten really enjoys playing in this great snowy landscape and it can happen that the hat slips. Your card turned out to be absolutely lovely and I'm always happy when I see the motifs from Newton's Nook Design because I love them so much!! Hugs my friend!!

Carol L said...

What an adorable card with all those sparkly snowflakes, great colors and adorable kitty! The cartoons are all so cute, thanks for the smiles.

Becca Yahrling said...

A gorgeous card, Kitty. This sweet little kitty is so precious and sweet (she's my fave of this set), with her too big Santa hat. The memes are all funny! I don't think there's any cat meme that isn't!! Or video. I could sit at my PC for hours watching cat videos. LOL

Barbara Godden said...

What an adorable kitty great use of the tic tac toe board great colours and design, love it

Debi said...

Wonderfully cute! Well designed, too! Hugs, Debi

Fikreta said...

Its so adorable card!
this kitty is so cute!

Donna said...

Such a fun post dear friend. Your card is adorable, great colors, design, layers and those snowflakes! Blessing to you.

Ellibelle said...

Your card is so sweet and beautifully made, and so loving these cat memes!! LOL
Ellie (hopping along in the Cat Lovers Christmas Kickstart challenge)
Ellibelle's Corner

Di said...

Such an adorable card Kitty! I did so want to make a tirid card to enter Kickstart for Janis but time was against me. Sigh.

Hugs

Di xx

Dena J said...

Adorable sweet kitty and I love the colors. Such pretty embossing on the tag, too. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

The pretty snowflake embossing ties this festive themed card together. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a gorgeous and cute creation Kitty. I love all those jokes too, everyone of them really funny.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

mandysea said...

Naaaw Kitty, this is such a delightful card. Newton is the cutest little kitten. Love your wintery background - and who doesnt love using scraps up! I've found since doing cards for this challenge I'm doing a lot of that! Good thing too! Gorgeous tag! I find it very different to scrap Winter for Christmas - its coming into Summer here in Australia! Anyway, what a sweet scene! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such thoughtful comments, I've really appreciated every word! xx

Gina said...

What a sweet little kitten on your card. Love the big Christmas cap. Kind regards Gina

Bienaventurada said...

Te ha quedado muy bella la tarjeta, es un muy dulce gatito, un abrazo.

Suzanne H said...

Hi Kitty! That's an adorable image. Love the sparkles on his hat. So CUTE! I'm still hopping along at the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge.

Lena said...

Soooo cute! Love the pretty papers and the embossing on your tag. It all goes so perfectly well together to showcase your sweet kitty.Love it!
I'm having a lot of fun reading thru all the kitty memes you've been posting. Brings a smile to start the day!
Hugs,
Lena

Carole J said...

Another gorgeous kitty card and in beautiful, non traditional festive colours too! These memes really made me smile , especially the one with the journal writing kitty!
Thank you for joining the special Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge in memory of our dear friend, Janis Woolbright. x