Sunday, November 12, 2023

Remembrance Day Poppies - Thinking of You

Hello, everyone!  Today I am sharing a poppy-themed thinking-of-you card.  I was inspired by Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge 189, whose theme is Poppies and Panels, as well as Simon Says Stamp Wednesday's Thinking of You challenge.  We just celebrated Canada's Remembrance Day yesterday, so these challenge themes were timely and much appreciated. 

I fussy-cut the poppy, label, and poppy-patterned panel from a collage sheet printable from the Facebook group called Free Printables for your Junk Journaling with TLC (thank you for remembering Canada, Paulette!).  

The butterfly is a die, which I cut twice so I could paper-piece the body.  I made the thinking-of-you sentiment in Microsoft Word and layered it onto a white scrap.  After adhering everything onto the poppy paper, I layered the panel onto black cardstock and then on a white card base.  

Here's the inside of my card, where I added a leftover scrap of the poppy-patterned paper and a punched butterfly, leaving plenty of room to write a message.


I also found inspiration in the following 8 challenges, for a total of 10:
Beccy's Place A Month of Holiday Cards R for Remembrance Day UE (Canada celebrates Remembrance Day on November 11)
Crafts Galore Encore November 3/3
Crafty Calendar November 2/3
DL.ART November Linky AG UE 1/day
Pammie's Inky Pinkies 2344 AG 2/3 C10
Penny's Paper-crafty 559 AG 1/3
Polkadoodles 45 AG 1/2
Word Art Wednesday 621-622 AG w Uplifting Sentiment wk1 1/5

As mentioned on an earlier blog post, I would like to continue sharing cat memes/cartoons in memory of my dear friend Janis Woolbright from Her Peaceful Garden,who passed away in January.  Janis loved sharing cat cartoons and memes, so I have decided to continue her tradition.  I hope it makes you smile! 


Thank you for looking at my card!  I will be around to visit your blogs soon; sorry for the delay!  Wishing you a joyful day!

20 comments:

Mrs A. said...

A gorgeous poppy card. There are just so many designs to choose from. I had at least 8 different poppy stamps/digis/dies in my stash to select from. Thankyou for coming and playing and for keeping Janice alive in our hearts. Hugs Mrs A.

Liz said...

Wonderful poppy card, Kitty. I love how you’ve decorated inside the card too. xx

Beccy said...

Your card is beautiful Kitty, the poppy image is wonderful and looks great against the journal ticket. I love that you've decorated the inside as well.
Cheers,
Beccy

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a gorgeous card Kitty

gr karin

papierelle said...

After all the Christmas cards, you show us a great and beautiful flower card. I love poppies and I also love your color combination.

Carol L said...

Your poppy card is just beautiful! I love the journaling image with the matching poppy, and that two-toned butterfly looks amazing. I love how you decorated the inside to match, this is just beautiful. The amusing little cat meme is a fun match to your card too :)

terrie said...

Kitty, your card turned out awesome, great lay out.
You added your special touch to it.
Well done my friend.

Donna said...

Striking and elegant looking, great design and like the butterfly!

Debi said...

Beautiful!

Curly said...

SOMGoodness this is so very elegant and such a great memorial to those who gave their lives.
Thank you so much for joining us at Penny’s Paper Crafty Challenge,
Crafty hugs
Bridget Guest DT

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Oh wow! That is so pretty Kitty! I love how you decorated the inside of your card also! Hope you are doing well and have an awesome week! (((HUGS!)))

Lena said...

Oh this is so pretty. Love all the layers on your card. The butterfly goes so well with your poppies. Love the way you added a little something extra to the inside of the card too. xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Why I lost this card? It's amazing!!! Your fussy cut stunning me, wow, you are so accurate! I thought it was a sticker! Love, love, love the whole design, it's very sweet and elegant! Fabulous paper, label and inlaid butterfly! Also the inside is so beautiful!
The meme/cartoon/ makes me smile for sure, how cute!! :)
Hugs dear Kitty, have a lovely rest of the week!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

... Pinned the card, really LOVE it!

Barbara Godden said...

One of my favourite flowers, I love how you designed your card making the poppy the star. gorgeous card.

Alyson Mayo said...

I love poppies and this is such a pretty card with that paper pieced butterfly :)

Jana Forrest said...

This is a lovely and very timely card. The poppies make it very vibrant. Thank you for sharing over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, Jana DT

Liz said...

Congratulations on your win over in the Butterfly Challenge with this beautiful card. xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Big congrats for your WIN at Butterfly challenge, dear friend! :D So happy for you!
Big hugs!

Suzanne H said...

This is lovely! I've missed the last few Butterfly Challenges. I have to get back on track.