Saturday, October 7, 2023

Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge - The Old Island Stamp Company

Hello, everybody!  Have you joined the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge yet?  It runs until October 31 so you have time to dig out those Christmas kitty stamps and dies and make a card or two (or 6)!  Make sure you head over and follow the challenge blog so you won't miss any of the fun and games this month!  

During this challenge we are remembering our dear friend Janis Woolbright from Her Peaceful Garden, who hosted the annual Cat Lovers Hop for eight years and who sadly passed away in January 2023.  You can read about my memories of Janis here.  If you have some fond memories about Janis, please leave a comment here at the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge.  Rest in peace, Janis.  

When Jo invited me to be one of Janis' Helpful Hoppers, I was excited to do so!

This is not to be a time of sadness but a time for fond remembrance of Janis and to celebrate the joy of cats and Christmas.  Let's have fun!  With much joy and love in my heart, I present today's card, and it's a shaker!  It features one of the challenge's generous sponsors, The Old Island Stamp Company.  You can find them on their web site or their Etsy shop. They have a gorgeous selection of cat stamps - I hope you'll go take a look!  My card showcases Tall Cat:


Products used:
Dies:  Anna Griffin Shaker Window Set, Poppystamps Prim and Proper Bow
Punches:  Snowflakes
Embossing folder:  Die'sire Embossalicious Let it Snow
Other:  Glitter cardstock, sequins, snowflake sequins, tree sequins

I purchased my stamp over 15 years ago, when I first started stamping.  The red rubber still stamps beautifully, and it's so much fun to colour and will work for any occasion. In this case, I used markers with traditional Christmas colours and then fussy-cut.  
Did you know that wood-mounted rubber stamps are making a comeback? Not only do they stamp beautifully on the first impression, but they are also a wonderful way to decorate your craft space! Some crafters change their displays with the seasons.


Thanks to The Old Island Stamp Company for sponsoring the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge!

I would also like to join the following challenges, for a total of 10:
Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge October Christmas Cats 2/6 C10
Crafts Galore Encore 116 October AG 2/3
Die-Cut Divas Layering Die, or Layer a Die-cut on another Die-cut 1/4
Gem of a Challenge 19 AG 2/3
Jan's Digi Stamps October AG 2/5
Pammie's Inky Pinkies 2339 AG 2/3 C10
Passion for Markers 710 Spots and/or Stripes (striped cat)
Penny's Paper-crafty 556 AG 2/3
Polkadoodles 39 AG 2/4
Show Us Your Pussycats October Furrything Goes UE

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a blessed day!

Please note:  Hurricane Philippe is heading our way, so we may lose our power, phone, and internet. If so, I will be back as soon as possible to look at your cards.  In the meantime, stay safe, everyone!

26 comments:

Donna said...

Darling shaker card with this cute cat! Stay safe and thanks for joining us at Jan's Digi Stamp challenge.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such beautiful shaker card with that tree shape! Really striking! Love the fun cat too, the big bow and the embossed base! Great design!
Hugs!

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a lovely card Kitty

gr karin

papierelle said...

Really beautiful and I hope the kitten doesn't conquer the tree.

jimlynn said...

First of all.......stay safe with that hurricane headed your way!
Cute stamp and I love all rubber stamps too. I always think they stamp better. This one is so different and cute and you've made a precious card with it too.
Lynn

Suzanne H said...

Love this skinny cat! And I know you love a shaker. Super cute!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a darling cat image and I love how you put him on the layered shaker tree, Kitty!! Thanks for sharing at Die Cut Divas too!!

Ella's Design said...

Great festive shaker card using that fun and quirky cat image, whose stripes are the perfect addition for my challenge this week at Passion for Markers...
Thanks for playing along with us this week, Lisa x

Lena said...

Super cute and festive shaker card. That elongated cat is adorable and you found the perfect place for it. Love it. Have a wonderful day.
❤Lena
Lena’s Creations

Jan Mahew said...

Purr-Fect Shaker Card, Karen! Thank you for sharing your festive creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Here is hoping you will join us again.
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Becca Yahrling said...

Oh Kitty, I just adore this super fun & funky card. Shakers are my fave type of card and that kitty is so funky adorable, I could just hug it to pieces! lol I still have a large collection of wood stamps and have even bought a handful over the last couple years. ;-)

The Crafty Den said...

What a fun shaker card. The striped kitty is so sweet and your colouring is perfect. Love your colour scheme and glitter card. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Renske Wishes You said...

Really fun shaker card. Thank you for joining the Polkadoodles challenge this week. Good luck with your entry.

Crafty hugs, Renske Polkadoodles DT

Renske Wishes You said...

Here I am again. This time to thank you for joining the Penny's Paper-Crafty challenge blog. Good luck.

Renske, Penny's DT

mandysea said...

I haven't made a shaker card before, and you inspire me! I love your tall cat, its so whimsical and appealing! I agree about rubber stamps, they are so much more resilient and crisper. Not long ago, a lot of people de-mounted their rubber from the wood and I had a bit of a go, it was hard work and gave up after a couple... now after reading its making a come back, lol, I feel vindicated! Anyway, I digress.. your card is fabulous!! xx

Cards By MI said...

What a great card and stunning colors. Really lovely especially for a cat lover like me! Thanks for playing along with us over at PFM. there is a new challenge up for you to play along with.
Love n hugs
Marie

Deborah Hellman said...

Wonderful card and challenge.

Deborah Hellman said...

Great card and challenge

Carole J said...

I love a shaker card, Karen! I also LOVE this adorable Tall Cat and the way you coloured him in traditional festive colours. The shape of your shaker aperture is just fabulous. I've just visited this company on Etsy and they have a super Grumpy Cat and Christmas cat- they're now on my wish list! x

Chandhini said...

That's such a fun shaker card, live teh glittery bow on top of the tree. The embossed background adds a nice touch.

Denise Bryant said...

Great shaker card! I love that colorful kitty!

Ellibelle said...

What a fun cat and beautifully designed card!
xEllie, hopping along in the Cat Lovers Christmas Kickstart challenge.
Ellibelle's Corner

Arlene said...

So cute and FUN! That cat is a riot. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Amazing card Kitty! I never think to make shaker cards, but yours inspires me! Wonderful layout with the tree layers, and I love how you colored the kitty! I love my older stamps too! Nothing beats a good quality stamp! And that is a cute one.
I also love all the beautiful glitter paper on your card; so bright and festive!

Barbara Godden said...

I know I saw this earlier but never commented on it. Fantastic card, love that it's a shaker and a super fine one too and love that cat!! fabulous card.

Fikreta said...

It's so wonderful card.

Thank you for playing at SUYP/Cats only challenge
Hope to see you again! Good luck!
Fiki from Bad Kitty's Craft Room 🐱