Saturday, October 7, 2023

Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge - Gerda Steiner Designs

Hello, everyone!  I'm back again today with another card for the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge, and this one features another one of today's generous sponsors, Gerda Steiner Designs!   

As mentioned earlier today, we are also remembering our dear friend Janis Woolbright from Her Peaceful Garden, who hosted the annual Cat Lovers Hop for eight years and who sadly passed away in January 2023.  You can read about my memories of Janis here.  If you have some fond memories about Janis, please leave a comment here at the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge. Rest in peace, Janis.  

Janis would have wanted us to have some fun, and I am excited to be one of Janis' Helpful Hoppers; thank you to Jo for inviting me!  

With much joy and love in my heart, I present another card for the challenge, this one featuring Gerda Steiner Designs - Carol Kitten:


Products:
Patterned paper:  Forever in Time Holiday Trendz 'Tis the Season
Other:  Star Dust Stickles

I coloured the three kitties with markers and fussy-cut so I could pop them up on foam tape. I added Stickles to their hats for some sparkle.  I've been a fan of Gerda Steiner's adorable stamps and digitals for nearly 10 years!  I purchased this stamp set last year (or perhaps the year before?), and this is the first time I've inked it up.  The kitties were so much fun to colour!

Just look at these adorable sweeties from Gerda Steiner Designs - Carol Kitten!  The sentiment is part of the set, and there is also a fourth kitty and some music notes which I will save for next time.  

Thanks to Gerda Steiner Designs for sponsoring the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge!


I would also like to join the following challenges, for a total of 10:
Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge October Christmas Cats 3/6 C10
Crafts Galore Encore 116 October AG 3/3
Jan's Digi Stamps October AG 3/5
Show Us Your Pussycats October Furrything Goes UE
Word Art Wednesday 615-616 AG w Uplifting Sentiment 2/5 wk 2

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a peaceful day!  

Please note:  Hurricane Philippe is heading our way, so we may lose our power, phone, and internet. If so, I will be back as soon as possible to look at your cards.  In the meantime, stay safe, everyone!

28 comments:

Carol L said...

This card is absolutely adorable with those fun images. I love the musical background which is perfect for their caroling efforts. I can almost hear all the meowing. Stay safe in the storm and take good care of yourself! Hugs and blessings!

Liz said...

What a fun Christmas card Kitty, your little cats are so cute. xx

Donna said...

So cute and creative, great coloring and like the music background. Prayers that you and Brian are safe from the hurricane.

Donna said...

And so glad you joined the challenge at Jan's Digi Stamps.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such adorable card you made with those Gerda's kitties! I love Gerda's stamps too!!Beautiful coloring and love so much the vintage paper and the way you put the words, a really fabulous design!
Please, stay safe from the hurricane!! Prayers for you all!!!

Chandhini said...

Love the cute cats in Christmas theme. The musical background makes it look amazing!
Sad to know that Janis is no more. May her soul RIP. The hop she organised was so much fun.

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a beautiful card Kitty

gr karin

papierelle said...

I love these cat stamps, I have them too and I can hear them singing all the way here... *laughs*

Suzanne H said...

Super cute! I love these. The little kitty hiding behind his sheet music - so cute! I just entered my card at GSD and didn't see yours. I know you are dealing with some weather but I wanted to mention it. Take care!

jimlynn said...

I love all of Gerda's stamps and this is really a cute one. Perfect background paper and design too. A precious and fun card for the holidays.
Lynn

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling trio of kitty carolers, Kitty! Love the music background too - thanks for the inspiration at Christmas Kickstart!!

Lena said...

OMGoodness, what a cute and festive card, Kitty. Love it.
Have a wonderful day.
❤Lena
Lena’s Creations

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fabulous card
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
Penny's Challenge

Becca Yahrling said...

I love, love, love Gerda's designs. These kitties are so ca-uuute! I really love the one at the bottom ... looking up to the one in the middle as if she's singing off key!! LOL As always, I adore your cards that you put together so purrrfectly. hugs, Becca

mandysea said...

Oh dear, I hope you are safe from the hurricane! What an awful worry.
I love your card and those delightful little kitties with their delightful little faces! The sheet music background gives rise to their little Christmas carol singing - they are so very sweetly coloured and arranged too! I always look forward to seeing your cards! Take care and stay safe xx

Dotty Jo said...

This is just such a joyful card! I love these little cats and your beautiful design, Jo x

Deborah Hellman said...

Great card and challenge

Carole J said...

Oh my, Carolling KItties - how sweet! Beautiful images, gorgeous colouring and a perfect musical background for these irresistible characters. Love your sentiment too, Karen - this is an utterly joyful Christmas card! x

Denise Bryant said...

Love these Gerda Steiner Designs kitties! Super cute card!

Donna Walls said...

The scene is so adorable, they are the cutest Carolers! Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.
Donna xx

Ellibelle said...

Another adorable card, the music background is so perfect for these singing cuties!
xEllie, hopping along in the Cat Lovers Christmas Kickstart challenge.
Ellibelle's Corner

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Hi Kitty!
I adore this card! It is the cutest ever!!! You colored up the kitties so pretty, and the paper you used for the background is purrfect! Can't wait to see your other cards. I always look forward to seeing your creations! Hope you are doing well and having a great week!

Barbara Godden said...

What a fun card, those kitties are singing there little hearts out, I can almost hear them. Beautifully colour and fussy cut and a great design. I love seeing your "kitty cards"

Sari / Granne said...

Such a fun and colorful cat card, love the perfect background paper for the singing cats. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore 116 Challenge.

Jan Mahew said...

Pure harmony! This hits just the right note for the Holiday season. Thank you for sharing your beautifully coloured creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge.
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Fikreta said...

Its so beautiful card!
These cats are adorable!
hugs

Fikreta said...

I love shaker cards very much!
YOur is so pretty!
hugs

Fikreta said...


Thank you for playing at SUYP/Cats only challenge
Hope to see you again! Good luck!
Fiki from Bad Kitty's Craft Room 🐱