Friday, October 13, 2023

Whiskers in Wonderland - Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge

Hi, everyone!  Before I get started, I would like to welcome my two newest followers - Jeanne H and Glenda Rieck - thank you so much for joining me!

I continue to be inspired by all of the adorable kitty cards over at the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge at Christmas Kickstart!  I hope you've had a chance to look at the gallery of kitties!  I think you'll be inspired too!   You will remember that this challenge has been organized to honour Janis Woolbright from Her Peaceful Garden, who hosted the annual Cat Lovers Hop and who sadly passed away in January 2023. 

Today's card was also inspired by Let's Play Tic-Tac-Toe with Gail, which is Day 8 of the challenge.  Gail has put together a fun tic-tac-toe board featuring some of Janis's cards to inspire us, and it worked because I have been inspired by Janis's cards and techniques!  Scroll down to see the game board!  This time I chose the diagonal line of  Die-cut, Tag, and Stamp.


This cute kitty is a stamp I don't own, but the stamped image was sent to me by a sweet friend (thank you so much - you know who you are!). The maker is AALL & Create, and from a Google search I found the name of the stamp is Whiskers in Wonderland, so cute! You can see I fussy-cut the stamped sentiment for my card!

I was excited to colour the image with markers and then fussy-cut so I could pop him up on foam tape. I added a few highlights with a white paint marker.  I tore a scrap of white paper for the snowy landscape and then again to fit the tag.  The tag die-cut was longer but I trimmed it to fit my card and embossed it with a snowflakd pattern.  I added a sparkly red die-cut bow to the tag, as well as a sparkly red scalloped die-cut  scrap that I found when I was looking for the bow.  A few punched snowflakes finished it off!

Other products used:
Dies: STAMPlorations Tags 1 Nesting Dies CUTplorations (tag), Alina Craft Designed by Alason Set of 7 Bows (bow)
Embossing folder: Die'sire Embossalicious Let it Snow
Patterned paper:  Whimsy Stamps Blurry Flurries
Punch: Small snowflake punch 

Here's Gail's Tic-Tac-Toe board of Janis's inspiration cards. Hop over to Day 8 to get a closer look:



I would like to join the following challenges, for a total of 10:
Christmas Kickstart - Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge October Christmas Cats 5/6 C10
Cat Lovers Challenge Day 8 Let's Play Tic-Tac-Toe with Gail (die-cut, tag, stamp) 2/3
Creative Moments 251 It's Alive 2/3
Die-Cut Divas Layering Die, or Layer a Die-cut on another Die-cut 2/4
Jan's Digi Stamps October AG 5/5
Pattie's Creations 211 AG 2/3
Polkadoodles 40 AG 2/4
Show Us Your Pussycats October Furrything Goes UE
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Christmas 2/5
Word Art Wednesday 617-618 AG w Uplifting Sentiment 2/5 wk 1

Janis enjoyed making everyone smile by sharing cat memes/cartoons, so here are a couple for you.  Enjoy!



By the way, yesterday was Day 10 of the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge and it features a fun Christmas kitty word search.  Head over there to get a closer look, and have fun!  We love word searches at our house!  They are great for a brain workout!


Thank you for being here and for looking at everything I shared today. Wishing you a wonderful weekend with many blessings!
 

32 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Sweet card! Thanks for joining in the fun this October at Die Cut Divas.

KarinsArtScrap said...

very cute card Kitty

gr karin

Carol L said...

What a cute and adorable kitty on that embossed tag. Love that tiny strip of ric-rac along the bottom with that sparkly red bow. Fun card :)

Denise Bryant said...

What a cute kitty image! Adorable card!
Enjoyed the fun memes and the word search too!

Donna said...

Darling card with the tag scene carried on to the card, like your stitching, coloring and that cute cat!

jimlynn said...

Cute meme's and I love your fun and CUTE, CUTE card! That image is a great one and I love the addition of the bow and the scalloped piece.
Lynn

mandysea said...

Oh Kitty, this is lovely! I LOVE when a scene or horizon etc is extended into the background (like past your tag) its so effective! You've definitely nailed the tic tac toe! Cute little kitty! Yes, I thoroughly enjoyed the word search... I WANT MORE! lol! Totally vibing this month of creativity! xx

Suzanne H said...

Super adorable! Love his little sweater. So cozy! I'm so happy to see your blog posts. :)

Ellibelle said...

Such a cute and beautiful card, Kitty. Love the embsosing on the tag and adorable kitty! Really enjoyed the cat memes too, and so true about leaving a welcome home barf LOL, every single time!!!
xEllie hopping along in the Cat Lovers Christmas Kickstart challenge.
Ellibelle's Corner

papierelle said...

I'm in love!! This card is so cute!!! And I love your card designs, you still have new ideas!!!

Becca Yahrling said...

I'm in love with this cutie, too! (I love AALL stamps). And of course, you've colored him purrrfectly. The whole design of the card is darling; I love it (as usual! lol).

Helen said...

Such a cute card!
Helen x

Alyson Mayo said...

What a sweet little kitty with his winter sweater! So cute!

Donna Walls said...

There is nothing cuter than a kitty in a sweater! Thanks for sharing your sweet card with us at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge. We look forward to seeing your creativity!
Donna xx

Fiona said...

Thank you for your comment on my card. The stencilling and stamping were done first then I simply cut out the cat and stuck him over the top. I’m glad it looks more complicated lol! As to my cats - I used to be a cat fosterer with cat pens in my garden looking after 5 cats at a time. When I gave up, the ginger girl was my final girl into the pens - she was given up at the age of 9 because they had bought a kitten! She was such a gorgeous girl and a ginger girl too very rare, that we just had to have her join our brood of two dogs and two cats and she settled in really well. I’ll never be without a cat.

lichazul said...

Lovely car cat, i love cats 😸😺
Thanks so much for you comment 💐
From Chile, scrap hugs

Marjeta said...

OMG! What a sweet image. I love this card. Thanks for playing with us at Creative Moments.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi dear Kitty!! First of all, thank you for the fun word search! I always love them and yours is so appropriate for this celebration!! Such clever and kind idea you have had! The meme are another fun! Love so much your delightful card, the torn paper looks great for the snow bank and such elegant design with that grey embossed tag!! The kitty you received by your friend is SO cute and beautiful and love how you coloured him!!The touches of gel pen for highlights are just purrfect! Lovely sentiment too, and cute sparkling bow! Those tiny grey snowflakes are too cute!
Sending big hugs and love and thanks so much for all your work in this awesome celebration in Janis memory!!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Another adorable kitty card! I like how you used the tag on your card, and his polka-dotted sweater is so cute! Those jokes are too funny, and the search-a-word is great too!

Dotty Jo said...

Just look at that little kitty in his/her fabulous cardigan! I do love this card, Kitty, Jo x

Lena said...

Love your take on the challenge. The kittie is adorable and I love the way your snowy hill on your tag extends to the background of the card. Very creative. I have to give it a try :-) xx

MeSi said...

So cute! Thank you for sharing at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge. Hope to see you again!

Merja DT
My blog

Arlene said...

Very cute. That cat is adorable. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for October challenge.

Trina P. said...

Aww so cute all dressed up in bright colours. Makes him pop against the neutral background.

Jan Mahew said...

All dressed up and ready for show! The embossing is perfect for your tag! Thank you for sharing your purr-fect kitty with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge.
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator for Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Barbara Godden said...

Adorable kitty, beautifully coloured, fussy cut and designed Love it. I must check out the hop.

Chandhini said...

This is a wonderful post with meme and word search, enjoyed it so much. ❤️ Loved the card as well, the embossed tag adds nice touch to it.

Fikreta said...

Its so wonderful card!
hugs

Fikreta said...

And
Thank you for playing at SUYP/Cats only challenge
Hope to see you again! Good luck!
Fiki from Bad Kitty's Craft Room 🐱

Carole J said...

Gorgeous card, Karen, and so lovely to see this Janet Klein kitty design. Beautifully coloured and on a fabulous embossed tag.
Thank you for joining the special Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge in memory of our dear friend, Janis Woolbright. x