Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge - Let it Snow

Hello, everybody! Yesterday was Day 8 at the Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge!  Yes, Day 8 already!  Today is Day 9, and time is flying!  

You will remember that this challenge has been organized to honour Janis Woolbright from Her Peaceful Garden, who hosted the annual Cat Lovers Hop and who sadly passed away in January 2023.  Note this is not a time for sadness; it's time for fun!  Janis would have wanted it that way!  If you love cats and Christmas, then head over and check it out!  The challenge runs until October 31.

The theme for Day 8 is Let's Play Tic-Tac-Toe with Gail, and she has put together a fun tic-tac-toe board featuring some of Janis's cards to inspire us.  It's like a challenge within the challenge, and I am excited to play along!  Scroll down to see the game board!  I chose the left-hand column of Die-cut, Glitter, and Embossing.

Here is my card:


The cute kitty is a stamp I don't own, but the stamped image was sent to me by a sweet friend (thank you so much - you know who you are!).  The maker is AALL & Create, and from a Google search I found the name of the stamp is Whiskers in Wonderland, so cute!  

This sweater kitty is all ready for the snow!  I was excited to colour the image with markers and then fussy-cut so I could pop her up on foam tape. I also added Star Dust Stickles to the white parts of kitty's hat.
 
Other products used:
Die: STAMPlorations Let it Snow Phrase Die
Embossing folder: Apple Blossom Let it Snow
Punch:  Small snowflake punch

My neon green and red glitter cardstock were scraps (aka snippets), as shown here:


Here's Gail's Tic-Tac-Toe board of Janis's inspiration cards.  Hop over to Day 8 to get a closer look:



I would like to join the following challenges, for a total of 10:
Christmas Kickstart - Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge October Christmas Cats 4/6 C10
Cat Lovers Challenge Day 8 Let's Play Tic-Tac-Toe with Gail (die-cut, glitter, embossing) 1/3
Creative Moments 251 It's Alive 1/3
Jan's Digi Stamps October AG 4/5
Pattie's Creations 211 AG 1/3
Polkadoodles 40 AG 1/4
Show Us Your Pussycats October Furrything Goes UE
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Christmas 1/5
Snippets Playground 464 Use snippets (die-cuts, punch-outs, and layering) 1E
Word Art Wednesday 617-618 AG w Uplifting Sentiment 1/5 wk 1

Janis enjoyed making everyone smile with her cat memes, so here is a cute one for you:


Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a pleasant day!   

28 comments:

Liz said...

Super Christmas card, Kitty. Great design. xx

Lena said...

This is lovely and festive. That kitty is adorable. I love the embossed background, really makes your kitty and sentiment pop.
Have a wonderful day.
❤Lena
Lena’s Creations

Deborah Hellman said...

Adorable card ♥️

mandysea said...

Another WOW card with your die-cut glitter and embossing! I an see a kitty that resembles your Sweet Pea looking very festive. Gosh I love your embossed background! That's gorgeous! The red really pops on the card too! So talented! xx

Denise Bryant said...

Cute kitty and a pretty embossed background design! Great card!

Sarn said...

A very cute kitty Christmas card and a lovely tribute to Janis.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you in the swings later. Xxx

Carol L said...

This is such a cute card and yet another fun tribute to Janis. I love all the sparkle on the fur and sentiment panel and that embossing looks beautiful. Sending you hugs and blessings for a great Thursday!

Donna Walls said...

That's a sweet Kitty and card! Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.
Donna xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

A real cutie Kitty. I love everything about it.

I am sorry I haven't emailed you, but things are still very raw for me at the moment. Thank you for emailing me, I really appreciated it.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling kitty in his striped outfit and Santa hat, Kitty! Love the embossing behind him too with the glittery sentiment!

Suzanne H said...

Hi Kitty! That embossing folder is fabulous! I love the Tic-Tac-Toe challenge within the challenge, such a clever idea. Super cute card!

Becca Yahrling said...

Oh Kitty, this is just purrrfect! One of my favorites of the challenge. I love AALL images, but this one isn't familiar to me. Will have to put it on my wish list ; so cute! That EF is really spectacular!

Jeanne H said...

Adorable card and that cat in its hat!

jimlynn said...

SOOO cute and I love that embossing folder! Precious card.
Lynn

Donna said...

Fabulous card! Darling kitty (colored beautifully), like that embossing folder and the glitter is a perfect touch!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi dear Kitty!
I immediately recognized that Apple Blossoms EF, I have some of this line with that design but different patterns. Love this one, and it's just perfect to show up that adorable kitty!!! She has a very cute face and love how you coloured her!! The stickles on her hat look so well! Love the sparkling sentiment too, and the cute snowflakes, well done using your scraps!
Hope to have time to play with Gail's Tic-Tac-Toe board.
Your meme makes me smile! And such beautiful cat, it seems just my Rosso! But we haven't snow in my zone LOL
Thanks for telling me how you cut the glitter foam. I guess you have a guillotine trimmer. I have a trimmer where the blade runs horizontally and it gets stuck with the glitter foam. Next time I will use a simple cutter and a ruler:)
Sending hugs and love! And cuddles to Sweet Pea! :)

Carole J said...

Such a gorgeous card, Karen. Lovely embossed background and a beautiful, bold and glittery sentiment are perfect to showcase this little kitty. I immediately recognised this sweet kitty cat as the artwork of Janet Klein for AALL & Create (she's the lady behind the digis at Vera Lane Studio where I'm on the DT). Absolutely gorgeous!I love his glittery fur trim :) x

Barbara Godden said...

What an adorable card the ef is fabulous and you used perfectly love the vibrant green and red love your card.

Di said...

Gorgeous card Kitty - such a sweet kitty and I have and love that embossing folder!

Hugs
Di xx

papierelle said...

Dressed warmly and wearing such a chic Santa hat, you can play wonderfully in the snow. I'm really excited about your card design, it looks like a perfect snowy landscape.

Jan Mahew said...

Very playful creation, Karen! Love the texture of the embossing, the touch a glitter and the beautifully colored image. Thank you for sharing your talents with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Dotty Jo said...

What a wonderful card, Kitty! I love how you used the embossing folder as your background - the whole design just works so well and I love that little kitty! Thanks for everything you're doing to help make this a celebration of Janis, Jo x

lichazul said...

Very sweet 💐☺️👏👏👏 happy day

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Wow! Awesome card Kitty! I love the gorgeous embossing, and the kitty looks so cute with his Santa hat! So glad you got to play along with the Tic Tac Toe challenge. Haven't gotten mine entered yet, but hoping to do it soon. Your cards always make me smile; I enjoy looking at them so much! :)

Barb Finnical said...

This is such a cute card! I love how his hat is frosted with glitter that looks like snow. And that sweater - adorable! You did a great job coloring him too. Janis would be so very happy. As guest designer over at Word Art Wednesday this month, I just wanted to stop over and say thank you for joining us this time!

Pamela Duncan said...

What a beautiful Embossing folder to show off you kitty! Thanks for Joining us at Jan's Digital Stamps Challenge this month. Pam, DT

Fikreta said...

Gorgeous card!
that kitty loves snow!

Fikreta said...

Oh it's super cute!

Thank you for playing at SUYP/Cats only challenge
Hope to see you again! Good luck!
Fiki from Bad Kitty's Craft Room 🐱