Sunday, February 20, 2022

Butterfly and Flowers

Hello, everyone!  I mentioned earlier this month that UNIKO is celebrating its 10th birthday, and again I am joining the celebration with another card.  All of the stamps used are from UNIKO and are included in the description below.


To create the background I stamped the floral and leaf images from Pure Florals: Gerbera in red and then filled in the gaps by stamping the birds from Rustic Christmas, also in red. I adhered a die-cut red frame to add some interest. Next I stamped the butterfly from English Country Garden - Butterflies in blue on a blue scrap and adhered.  I heat-embossed a sentiment from Pure Florals: Gerbera in white on a black scrap and adhered.  To finish the card, I adhered a number of black gems to the butterfly and several blue gems on the background.  My card has been shared at Instagram with the tag #Uniko10 for UNIKO's Quest 6.

I am also joining Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge 166, which is Spin the Butterfly Wheel with C.  I was inspired with the option to make a card using at least two of the colours on the wheel, plus a butterfly; my colours are Cornflower and Cardinal (see the inspiration graphic below).


I would also like to join the following 8 challenges, for a total of 10:
Allsorts 664 I Love... (I love butterflies and flowers, but who doesn't?) 1/3
Snippets Playground 422 AG w Snippets (red, blue, and black cardstock were scraps)
Word Art Wednesday 531-532 AG w Uplifting Sentiment Wk1 1/5

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a happy and carefree day!

14 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I always loved the Uniko's gerbera, it's so elegant and you used it so well here!! Beautiful colours combo and the gorgeous butterfly with the body of gems just pops on the scallop frame!! A lovely design so well balanced as you always do!!
Well done my friend!
I mailed you just now! Sending my biggest hugs and lot of love!! Take care and have a lovely day!

Dena J said...

Beautiful random stamping for your background panel. Flowers and butterflies always go beautifully together.

Sarn said...

Fabulous card. Very striking.

I'll bring a cup of coffee over to your usual seat in the Playground Treehouse! xxx

Donna said...

Gorgeous card dear friend! So bright and uplifting, great start to my day! Hope your day is a good one.

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful card, great choice of colours and the frame, love the butterfly on the frame corner and the sprinkling of blue gems

Linby said...

Such a striking design and love bright colours too. Thanks for taking part in my challenge theme of I love at Allsorts this week.
Lynn x

Mervi said...

Fabulous card, gorgeous butterfly.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Suzanne H said...

I love how you created your background all in one color and how you've put all the elements together. Lovely card!

Mrs A. said...

I love that big and bold floral design it makes a wonderful backdrop for your Butterfly. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel again with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

Alyson Mayo said...

That pink background is fabulous paired with the blue butterfly. Great reminder that spring IS on the way!

Di said...

Great snippets card Kitty! Watch out for Sarn on the Playground swings!

Hugs

Di xx

Fikreta said...

It's gorgeous!
hugs

Pamela Duncan said...

How sweet! Thanks for joining us on the Corrosive Blog Challenge ~ Pam, DT

Dagmara Gorczyńska said...

Lovely C&S card!

Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
~ DT Dagmara