Thursday, February 10, 2022

Butterfly Just For You

Hello, everyone!  When I see a celebration, I love to join in!  This month is UNIKO's 10th birthday! The challenge is to make a birthday card using only UNIKO products, and this is my second entry.  As I mentioned in my previous blog post, I don't have any birthday sentiments from UNIKO so I am making due with my next-best sentiment of  "Just for You. " I think it's perfect for a birthday card, so I hope it qualifies.

For my card, I used the following UNIKO stamps:  floral stamp from Hello Lovely, butterfly from English Country Garden - Butterflies, and sentiment from Pure Florals: Gerbera.  

For this technique I recommend using a stamping tool such as a MISTI.  I started by stamping the floral on a white card base but did not remove the stamp from the MISTI.  I rummaged through my scraps/snippets and found a number of strips of patterned paper that I had been saving for this style of card and then adhered them randomly.  Placing the card back in the MISTI, I stamped the floral again, this time over the strips.  It's my first time trying this technique - it was easy and I love how it turned out!  I saw it a while ago on Sasha Reade's YouTube video.

Back to my card, I stamped the butterfly on a blue scrap and fussy-cut.  I stamped and heat-embossed the sentiment in white on a black scrap which already had a torn edge.  As a finishing touch, I adhered two black sequins on the butterfly.  The sentiment and butterfly are popped up with foam tape.

In addition to UNIKO's 10th Birthday Month Celebration Linky mentioned above, I would also like to join the following 9 challenges, for a total of 10:

Allsorts 662 AG Optional Red Flowers 2/3

Butterfly Challenge 166 Spin the Butterfly Wheel with C (I went with the option to make a card using at least two of the colours on the wheel, plus a butterfly; my colours are Cornflower and Coral - see the inspiration graphic below) 1/3


Snippets Playground 421 Scraps of patterned paper, blue, and black cardstock as described above
Word Art Wednesday 529-530 AG w Uplifting Sentiment 2/5 wk1

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a happy and carefree day!

20 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Kitty! I'm very happy to see you in blogland with no only one, but two posts!! And two gorgeous cards!!
This one is really so elegant and sweet!! I have never seen this technique before now, thanks so much for sharing the link to the tutorial! LOVE the effect!! The sweetness of the flowers and the delicate papers look awesome!! The cornflower butterfly is the perfect detail to bring all your design to life!! And love the torn edge of the sentiment! Your attention to the details always amaze me! :) Well done! Good luck with the challenges!
Have a carefree day yourself! Sending love and hugs from my little Italy!

Suzanne H said...

I've never seen this before, either. This is really lovely and you don't have to color the image. I might just try this technique.

Linby said...

This looks amazing, I'd love to try this with my snippets.

Di said...

What a lovely card Kitty - you reminded me about Bev celebrating 10 years as well. I should do my best to join in - she's a marvel!!

Hugs

Di xx

Donna said...

I have never seen this technique before Kitty, it is fabulous, I will be giving this a try, so striking!

Sioban said...

As others have said I’ve never seen this done before. I’m going to have to try it. Great card.

Wendy L said...

I love it, a great technique, thanks for joining us at the Allsorts challenge xx

brenda said...

Such a pretty floral creation and a really effective design, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card - I have tried this technique but i think i stamped onto a snippet then cut and stuck on after ... it looks superb with this statement stamp. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Allsorts challenge
Pauline x

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome card, great technique that I've never seen before, looks fab. with that large gorgeous stamp.

Sarn said...

Simply lovely! Great use of little snippet strips. x

Fikreta said...

its gorgeous!
hugs

Mrs A. said...

Perfect use of the strips of design paper. Love that the flower design is just inked and not coloured over. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me . Hugs Mrs A.

terrie said...

I just love this card Kitty...it's so delicate and pretty.
I must try this technique..thank you for sharing it
Well done my friend.

Chandhini said...

That's an interesting technique,must give it a try sometime. Love the way you used this floral stamp in different ways.

AlisonC said...

What an interesting idea and a unusual way to use snippets. As they only multiply and never decrease, I like to see new ideas. Beautiful stamping. x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome Kitty. A great idea, thank you for linking the video.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

DIANA L. said...

This is just beautiful I love it. Happy birthday.
Thank you for joining the DL.ART February 2022 Linky challenge. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
DL.ART
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Kelly Schelske said...

What a fabulous card and technique, love it!

Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, I hope you join us again this time around!

MortiCraft said...

Beautiful card. This is one of my favourite Uniko florals and it’s lovely to see it paired with the English Garden butterfly. Thanks again for joining in with the Uniko 10th birthday celebrations. X