Thursday, February 10, 2022

Hummingbird Just For You

Hello, everyone!  UNIKO is celebrating its 10th birthday this month, and I do love a party!  The challenge is to make a birthday card using only UNIKO products.  After checking my UNIKO stamps, I discovered I have no birthday sentiments (sad face).  I kept looking and found the next-best sentiment I have, "Just for You," which I think is perfect for a birthday card!


I was inspired to CASE (Copy And Share Everything) a card designed by UNIKO Owner and Designer Bev Brown.  Please scroll down to see her beautiful card, which I much prefer over my own!  

For my card, I used the following UNIKO stamps:  Paradise Hummingbird and a sentiment from Pure Florals: Gerbera. I heat-embossed the hummingbird in black, fussy-cut, and ink-blended with Picked Raspberry and Lucky Clover Distress Oxides.  I stamped the floral image repeatedly with the same Distress Oxides and added a random design between the flowers using a Fantastix tool with Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide.  The sentiment is heat-embossed in white on a black scrap; I added a torn raspberry strip/scrap; and I adhered the hummingbird with foam tape.  

Below is Bev's card that I CASEd, which can be found here. Thank you for inspiring me with your beautiful card, Bev!



In addition to UNIKO's 10th Birthday Month Celebration Linky mentioned above, I would also like to join the following 9 challenges, for a total of 10:

Allsorts 662 AG Optional Red Flowers 1/3
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Emboss It (heat embossing) 1/5
Word Art Wednesday 529-530 AG w Uplifting Sentiment 1/5 wk2

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a happy and carefree day!

17 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! Your CASeing of Bev's card looks fabulous!!!! It speaks too me about a lot of strength and good vibes! Love the torn raspberry strip that adds a lot of interest to the central point and the hummingbird is really a beauty with those colours! (And I know how much you love them!). The flowers are delicious and the tiny details between them look so cute. Another winner, for me! :D
Hugs, love and peace on your way!!

Suzanne H said...

So pretty. My mother loved hummingbirds. I love the color combination you've chosen.

Linby said...

You've cased it brilliantly and I love the colours you used. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

Sarn said...

Excellent CASE of Bev’s card.

Thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week. X

Michelle said...

Lovely and colorful card! I love the layering and colors used! I hope to see your creations again soon! Thanks for participating in A Gem of a Craft Challenge! ~Michelle, DT Polkadoodles

Donna said...

How stunning, your hummingbird is colored beautifully and the flowers are so striking in pink and aqua!!

brenda said...

Such a pretty creation Kitty and love your colour palette, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Barbara Godden said...

Beautifully done hummingbird, I love the torn edges and the randomly stamped flowers, Lovely card.

Kim said...

Well done using what you have to make it work! Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Polkadoodles.

Fikreta said...

so very beautiful!
hugs

Judy V said...

Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for Challenge #3 at Gem of a Challenge!

Chandhini said...

Nice colour combination, love the repeated stamping background.

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous in a different colour palette Kitty.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

terrie said...

I love the color of your hummingbird it's so pretty...well done Kitty.

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Your hummingbird cards are so beautiful! Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

DIANA L. said...

This is just beautiful I love it. I love the hummingbird.

Thank you for joining the DL.ART February 2022 Linky challenge. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
DL.ART
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

MortiCraft said...

Your card is so pretty, I love the colours. Perfectly Uniko colours I might add! And how great that you chose to join in with the CASE-ing fun! Thanks for joining in with the Uniko 10th birthday celebrations. X