Sunday, September 11, 2022

You're FARM-tastic

Hi, everybody!  Before I get started, I would like to welcome my newest follower - Sladjana Perisic - thank you for joining me!  If  you could please leave a comment with a link to your blog, I would be happy to hop over and follow you too!

Today I'm sharing a farm-themed card, and I did some old-school stamping!  I dusted off some of my old wood-mounted stamps that I purchased at Michaels when I first started stamping, way back in the 2000s. Back when my nieces and nephew were young, I used to take these stamps with me so we could stamp together.  I've been cleaning out some old craft supplies, but I can't seem to part with these!  Lots of great memories!  This card was fun to make!

The brand of these wood-mounted stamps is Studio G, and I stamped the animals on punched squares in pastel colours and then added some faux stitching with a black fineliner.  I stamped the sun and barn on a white panel and them embossed with Sizzix Honeycomb, which reminded me of chicken wire.  The sentiment is self-made (Microsoft Word).  I think this card has a juvenile look, but I'm okay with that!  

I would like to join the following challenges:
Crafts Galore Encore September AG 3/3
Crafty Calendar September AG 3/3
Creative Fingers 238 AG 2/3
Dare 2B Artzy September Animals 1/3
DL.ART September Linky AG UE
Double D Sept. 7 Baa-Cluck-Moo-Neigh-Oink-Quack 1/3

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a peaceful day!

13 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Adorable card, those stamps would be hard to part with especially with their history. They are really cute, fab. job.

Liz said...

Great card Kitty, the images are so cute. xx

Donna Walls said...

It's always fun to re-discover supplies we had tucked away. This is a sweet card and I love those simple images. Thanks for playing along in the Jan's Digi Stamps challenge. We look forward to seeing more of your designs this month.
Donna xx

jimlynn said...

So very cute and fun! Love those stamps you used and that design. Fantastic!
Lynn

Alyson Mayo said...

Oh, how cute is this?? I love the individual panels with the animals and the embossed background :)

Debi said...

Totally cute!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh Kitty, how cute card and such sweet memories you have with these stamps! I understand so well why you couldn't part with them!! I have a lot of sweet memories about crafting with my niece too! :)
Love the whole feel of your card, the animals in the squares with pastel colours and the faux stitching are too cute!!! And also the sun and the barn!! Your own punny sentiment is great too!! So clever! And the embossed chicken wire/honeycomb matches perfectly the farm theme! Very well done!!
It's always a surprise seeing your creations!!
Hugs sweet friend, sending lot of love and good thoughts on your way!!

Gail said...

How sweet and clever - love this layout - have a blessed day!

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute and very different Kitty.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Fikreta said...

so wonderful card!
hugs

DIANA L. said...

This is really cute, what a fun challenge!! I love it.
Thank you for entering the DL.ART SEPTEMBER 2022 Linky challenge.
Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

SarahR said...

Hi there, Isn't it fun to dig out old supplies! You always find something you forgot you had! Fabulous card - love the simplicity of it and your embossed background.
Thanks for joining in with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Sarah - DT

Rocky said...

Cute card, love the theme. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Funday.