Monday, September 5, 2022

Anniversary Butterflies - Faux Stepper Card

Hello, everyone!  I hope your September is going well so far.  Today I'm sharing an anniversary card.  I was inspired by Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge #172 - Spin the Butterfly Wheel with F for Faux Stepper Card.  I followed Mrs. A's instructions on the Faux Stepper Card, which can be found here.  Any type of fancy fold is a challenge for me so I'm quite pleased that I tried it and I'm happy with the outcome. 

As per Mrs. A's inspiration charts shown below, I also chose F for the colours Fandango, Flirt, and Forest Green, along with the theme of Faux Stitching, plus my butterflies. The faux stitching is on the leaves and the butterflies.  



I used stitched dies from Poppystamps (Hampstead Stem) and Your Next Stamp (Stitched Butterfly) with cardstock scraps.  The patterned paper is from Create with TLC Vintage Facebook Group, which was a freebie awhile back (thank you, Paulette).  The sentiment stamp is from Hero Arts Everyday Sayings.  To finish the card I added some gems to the butterfly centers.

I would also like to join the following 9 challenges, for a total of 10:
Dies R Us 200 AG 1/3 (used Poppystamps brand)
Snippets Playground 436 Use Snippets (cardstock for die-cuts) 1E C10
Word Art Wednesday 559-560 AG w Uplifting Sentiment wk1 1/5

Thank you for looking at my card! Wishing you a joyful day!

15 comments:

jimlynn said...

I love those colors together - especially the pink and purple. So very pretty!
Lynn

Barbara Godden said...

Very pretty card, love the colours and great job with the faux step card.

Sarn said...

Fantastic shaped card courtesy of Mrs A's instructions.

Thanks for submitting this lovely piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. If you fancy trying out some mulled cider, I understand Carol L is going to try and smuggle some in. Meet us round the back of the bike sheds! x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such striking and dramatic card, Kitty!! Well done on using the prompts from Mr.s A inspirational chart! I couldn't managed to do something some this challenge.
Your faux stepper came out fabulous! Love so much those big faux-stitched butterflies and the purple papers!!
Hope that rain is finally arrived in your zone! I'm praying for it! Congrats to you too for your won at Milka's Bee Hop!
Have a wonderful rest of the week, dear friend!! Sending big hugs and sweet thoughts!

terrie said...

Beautiful card Kitty and so glad gave Mrs. A faux step card a try.
Love your colors...well done my friend.

Suzanne H said...

Love that patterned paper. So elegant. This is a terrific card. I love the bold colors.

DIANA L. said...

This is so pretty I love purple and you have added just the right amount of butterflies
Thank you for entering the DL.ART SEPTEMBER 2022 Linky challenge.
Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such gorgeous colours on this lovely creation Kitty. I adore butterflies, so this one is a winner for me.
Hugs
Cathy
xxx

Fikreta said...

oh its so pretty card!
hugs

Suzanne H said...

Congrats on your top pick at the Butterfly Challenge! Well deserved

Sladjana Perisic said...

Beautiful card! On a side note, I love all of those kitties on your blog ~ sooo cute!

Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Good luck with your entry, and we hope to see you again.

Donna from Creative Pixie Designs
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Design Team

Lena said...

What a lovely card. Love the colour combo you used. I had never seen a faux stepper card. Need to give it a try.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Hugs,
Lena

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO pretty! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'd LOVE to have you share at The Card Concept as well when you're able. www.thecardconcept.blogspot.com
Your art is always such a blessing to me. Thanks for playing along.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Kim S said...

Beautiful! LOVE the dimension of this card along with the beautiful purple background for the butterflies! Thank you for playing along with us at Poppystamps!

Jeanne J. said...

I adore a fancy fold card - they always seem so complicated for me! Your garden scene is lovely!