Sunday, September 18, 2022

Fleece Navidad

Hello, everybody!  Before I get started, I would like to welcome my newest follower - Wendy Jackson - thank you for joining me!  Today I am sharing a winter holiday card featuring stamps and dies from Newton's Nook.   


Products used:
Stamps:  Newton's Nook Fleece Navidad 
Dies:  Newton's Nook Ornament Shaker, Newton's Nook Pines and Holly (bow)
Embossing folder:  Die'sire Embossalicious Let it Snow
Patterned paper:  We R Memory Keepers
Embossing powder:  Ranger White

I stamped the lamb, coloured with markers, and fussy-cut.  I die-cut the shaker ornament but instead of making a shaker, I opted for a scene with the tiny trees from the die set.  On the ornament, I stamped the snowflake repeatedly around the orange frame and adhered a black bow to the cap.  For the sentiment, I stamped and white heat-embossed it on a black scrap and adhered one of the tiny trees.  The cream cardstock was embossed with a snowflake pattern.

My colour choices of Orange, Green, Black, and Cream were inspired by Newton's Nook Inky Paws Challenge 182


My card sketch was inspired by Build Your Holiday Stash Holiday Cards FB Challenge 26:  
I was also inspired by these challenges:
ABC Christmas Sept 14 S for Snow and T for Trees (both) UE
Dare 2B Artzy September Animals 2/3
Double D Sept 7 Baa-Cluck-Moo-Neigh-Oink-Quack 2/3
Passion for Markers 658 Use Favourite Tool/Embellishment (favourite tool is Cuttlebug for die-cutting)
Sheepski Designs 66 Feature a Creature 2/3
Simon Says Stamp Monday Die Cuts 2/5
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Little Critters 1/5
The Paper Funday AG with Thinking of You 5/6
The 12 Months of Christmas Link-up 92 AG w Fur, Fluff, Feathers, or Fins 2/10
Word Art Wednesday 561-562 AG w Uplifting Sentiment wk1 1/5

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!

21 comments:

Suzanne H said...

I love these fall colors for a Christmas card. I really like this!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Kitty!! I received your mail and will replay you as soon as possible. Stay sure that I'm still praying for rain in Nova Scotia!
Your Christmas card in no-traditional colours looks so beautiful, love so much the way you created the little scene in the ornament with the little lamb, so cute and sweet, and the trees!! The sketch you used with those papers and the embossing make the card elegant and with a lovely retro feel! Love the details of the black bow and the sentiment with the tree!
Sending big hugs, dear friend! Take care and enjoy your days!!

Ella's Design said...

Great Christmas card, Kitty! Cute lamb image, fabulous texture on the snowflake background and I love a good card pun!
Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Markers this week, Lisa x

Barbara Godden said...

Great use of the sketch and colours, super card, love the sheep and the sentiment.

jimlynn said...

Fun sentiment and a cute, cute card! Love the way you framed out the sheep.
Lynn

Alyson Mayo said...

Every time I see this sentiment, it makes me laugh! Love the colours and the image :)

Jan Mahew said...

Delightful card, Karen! Thank you for sharing your card with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Diane said...

Adorably CUTE card and image and perfect for our challenge, thanks so much for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

Darlene said...

Sorry for being late in commenting!~! I've been dealing with health issues all summer and doing the best I can. Also broke my finger on Sunday so very difficult to type. Your card is very cute! Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D.
Darlene
DD Co-Owner

Andrea W said...

Using the sheep image with the ornament die looks great together. A clever way to use the Inky Paws challenge colours.

terrie said...

Great looking card Kitty...with the embossed background, color and super cute image makes this card perfectly match......TFS

KraftyKoolKat said...

Very cute Kitty, sorry I thought I had commented on this before.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Indy's Designs said...

Love the Inky Paws Challenge colors with a Christmas theme! How creative! So glad you were inspired to share with us at Inky Paws!
Hugs,
Debbie

Donna Walls said...

This little Sheep is adorable and the sentiment is so cute! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge.
Donna xx
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge

2sistersproject said...

Awesome colors! Very creative! Thanks for linking to the Inky Paw's Challenge. Hugs Diane

Claire Lamb said...

I love that you used the challenge colors to create a winter card! That sheep looks so cute in the ornament! Thanks for joining the Inky Paws Challenge!

Sheryl said...

Lovely card.
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx
TTCRD DT

Jana Forrest said...

I simply adore this card. I love plays on words and this one is very good. Thank you for sharing over at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge. Best of luck, DT~Jana Forrest

Lena said...

What a cute little sheep. Fun sketch with pretty papers, just perfect to showcase the little guy :-) Lena xx

Mandy said...

Thank you very much for entering your lovely card into our challenge. Good luck with the prize draw.

Stay healthy, happy, keep crafting and Creating Joy :)

Mandy ♥
DT for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up
Made By Mandy – My personal Blog

Inkyfingers said...

What a fun card -I love a punny sentiment and this one is adorable! Great take on the sketch too.
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.