Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Retro Kitty - Glad Tidings

Hello, everyone!  Today I'm sharing one of my retro kitty countdown cards.  I haven't added the countdown number yet as I didn't want to stray too far from the sketch that inspired me (see below).  I will add the number later.  You might remember that I shared previous countdown cards, and I explained what they are on this post.  My goal is to finish 25 of them by the end of November.  I have 9 more to go.


The retro kitty image is from my digital stash.  The dark purple paper is from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles called A Grungy Christmas, and I believe I won it at some point (thank you!).  The lighter purple paper is from Dollarama, and the tree paper was a leftover scrap.  I added a self-made sentiment (Microsoft Word) and embellished with three snowflake sequins and three punched snowflakes.

My card design was inspired by {BYSHC} Sketch 27 for October, and here's a link to the Facebook group where we link up our cards.  There are already dozens of gorgeous cards linked up!  
I was also inspired by the following 9 challenges, for a total of 10:
ABC Christmas U for Unusual Christmas Colours UE
Allsorts 698 Add a Sentiment 1/3
As You Like It Favourite Traditional or Contemporary Xmas Style and Why (Definitely contemporary, especially cute cats and other animals, because I am an animal lover, and any type of cute animal reminds me of my childhood and simpler times) 1/3
Creative Fingers 240 AG 3/3
DL.ART October Linky AG UE
Pammie's Inky Pinkies 2242 AG 1/3 C10
The Outlawz Festive Friday Oct.14 Christmas 1/3
The 12 Months of Christmas Linkup 93 AG w Optional Colour Challenge 3/10
Word Art Wednesday 565-566 AG w Uplifting Sentiment wk1 1/5

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a fun, crafty day!

16 comments:

Pauline C said...

Very cute Kitty card. Thanks so much for joining in with my "Add a Sentiment" challenge at Allsorts this week.
Pauline xx

jimlynn said...

Oh my goodness! This is adorable plus! Love the purple papers you used with that cute, cute image. A perfect - or should I say purr-fect card for the holidays. Love it!
Lynn

Alyson Mayo said...

Awww… that little kitten is precious and I just love the colours you used. Turquoise and purple - perfect!

brenda said...

Love your colour palette on this one Kitty, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts 'Add a sentiment' theme this week.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hallo dear Kitty! I'm so glad to see another adorable card from you and it seems you are well advanced with your goal, nine cards by the end of November will be a cakewalk! :D
That little kitty is really SO cute and love the colours you choose to match the image, they make it just pop!! Lovely addition with the snowflakes! Well done about the take of the sketch, your card looks awesome!!
Hope that all is going well for you!
Sending love, hugs and prayers as always, my sweet friend!

Barbara Godden said...

Lover your series of retro kitties, great choice of colours and super use of the sketch.

Elaine Stark said...

Very cute in those beautiful colours. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous and so cute, this little thing would melt anyone's heart.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Suzanne H said...

I love how you've used the sketch for your countdown card. The purple and aqua is a wonderful combo.

terrie said...

What a cutie cat image...well done on your retro cat series...
good luck in finishing your task.

Chandhini said...

Glad to see you back, Kitty. Love the cute cat!

Lucy E. said...

Hi there. Congratulations on winning over on Pam’s Inky Pinkies Challenge!

Mummylade said...

Great colour combo! Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge

Helen said...

That is so pretty and I love your colour combination.

Thanks for joining us at the Festive Friday Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

How did I miss this one? It is sooo pretty! I love how you used the sketch; you created such a wonderful card!

Inkyfingers said...

What a pretty, festive card and I love the unusual colours.
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.