Saturday, February 13, 2021

Butterflies Anniversary with Herringbone Pattern

Hello, everyone.  This is my third post today but I haven't been spending much time online so I must seize the opportunity when it arises.  I woke up at 3 a.m. so here I am.  

I was inspired by Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge, where the letter is H, and the 6 elements to choose from are herringbone card, hemp, heat wave, hansa yellow, hazel, and butterfly.  I went with herringbone card, hazel, and butterflies.  I've been wanting to try the herringbone pattern for a while and I'm glad I did - it's a great way to use scraps!  

The patterned paper was part of a digital set that got messed up when my ink cartridge was running out - the colours are not right and they do not coordinate with the rest of the set.  I almost binned them but then decided to save them for a card like this.  Four pages were affected so I cut them into strips and made my herringbone pattern (see Mrs. A's instructions/tutorial here.)


Products used:
Clear stamps:  STAMPlorations Beautiful You (silhouette flowers), STAMPlorations Grateful Flutters (butterflies), Hero Arts Everyday Sayings (sentiment)
Dies:  STAMPlorations Flutter Zen 2
Patterned paper:  Crate Paper Chasing Dreams misprints (ink cartridge ran out)
Other:  Black gems

On my herringbone pattern I stamped butterflies, silhouette flowers, and an anniversary sentiment.  I die-cut the butterflies, layered, and adhered.  I layered the herringbone panel on a hazel panel and then a magenta panel. To finish the card I added some black gems to the butterfly bodies.

I would also like to join the following 9 challenges, for a total of 10:

Ally's Angels 43 AG 2/3
http://alessandrasangels.blogspot.com/2021/02/challenge-43.html 

Cupcake Inspirations 512 For those you Love 1/3
http://cupcakeinspirations.blogspot.com/2020/12/cupcake-inspirations-512.html

Cut it Up 219 All You Need is Love 1E
http://cutitupchallenges.blogspot.com/2021/02/challenge-219-all-you-need-is-love.html

Dare 2B Artzy February Love 1/3
http://blog.dare2bartzy.com/february-challenge-love-3/

Pixie's Crafty Workshop 396 in Ruby's Memory Use Snippets (snippets were the cardstock for die-cut butterflies and layering pieces, and I also consider the misprinted patterned papers as snippets since I almost binned them)
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/2021/02/pixies-snippets-playground-challenge.html


STAMPlorations Love Vibe Challenge with Sue 1/7 (my anniversary card was inspired by Sue's love theme) 
https://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2021/02/love-vibe-challenge-with-sue.html


STAMPlorations Never-ending Anything Goes Challenge UE
https://stamplorations.blogspot.com/p/stamplorations-anything-goes-challenge.html

The Paper Funday 26 AG Optional Twist: Love is in the Air 1/4
http://paperfundaychallenges.blogspot.com/2021/02/february-2021-challenge-26-anything.html

Word Art Wednesday 477-478 AG w Uplifting Sentiment 3/5 wk2
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/2021/02/weeks-477-478-anything-goes.html

Thank you for looking at my card! Wishing you a joyful day!

P.S. to my followers:  I'm way behind in my blog visiting again so I'll eventually get there.  Heading back to bed to see if I can catch a few winks.

25 comments:

cotnob said...

A beautiful card, pretty butterflies and lovely background.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Bunny said...

Lovely card. The herringbone pattern looks great. [Bunny]

Barbara Godden said...

The Herringbone pattern looks so complicated but it isn't that hard only tedious. Super job with it and I'm happy you didn't "bin" the disasters, printers are a pain sometime, but it was an awesome save. Gorgeous butterflies and a great design. (caught up)

Lori Kobular said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the butterflies! Love the herringbone pattern! I have never tried that!

Donna Ellis said...

What a great take on ValeryAnne's challenge, KT! The blue and pink is striking with the black details in the background. How beautiful! hugs de

KraftyKoolKat said...

Really gorgeous Kitty. Hope you managed to get some more shut eye.
Hugs
Cathy
xxx

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Great use of your papers Kitty! I love the pretty butterflies! I have some images that I colored up that didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped. I forgot to print them on the fast setting, and some of the ink smeared, but I think I am still going to use them on some cards. Everything doesn't have to be perfect on my cards.
I like how you did the herringbone pattern, and used your scraps! Smart idea! I hate to waste things, so I think that was a great idea, and it turned out great on your card! You encouraged me today with your card!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! Your herringbone pattern looks amazing with those colours, I'm so glad you haven't trashed your printed papers!! The result is really striking!So clever stamping the silhouettes of the flowers in black to create a scenery for the big beautiful intricate butterflies! Love the gems to enhance their bodies!! Great work!
Have a lovely weekend and lovely dreams just now :)
Hugs

Donna said...

What a stunning card, I like how you stamped on your fabulous background and darling butterflies. I just missed you online, I went back to bed at 1ish, hope you got some sleep and a nap today. Hugs, Donna

Lisa Lynn said...

Kitty this is beautiful with the herringbone design. You are so creative.

Liz said...

Super card, Kitty. I love how you've stamped over the herringbone pattern and well done for saving these lovely strips from the bin. xx

aussie aNNie said...

What a gorgeous card, fabulous design and brilliant background.. xx

Mrs A. said...

Lovely colour combination and I love your idea of overstamping the herringbone design with the stamps. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

IdlePleasures said...

Beautiful card! totally love the intricate background!

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

It's always fun to see if you can revive a piece of craft material gone bad. You sure made good use of your printer mishap. I'd have never thought to stamp on the herringbone paper.

Your anniversary card is so pretty. Those butterflies are so intricate! Thanks for sharing at Cut it Up for our All You Need is Love challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is such a beautiful card design. Wonderful colors too!

Pam said...

Lovely! You did a wonderful job withh your herringbone pattern! The intricate butterflies look beautiful Great job!
Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog and for your continued prayers.
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Chandhini said...

The herringbone pattern looks beautiful, nice to see that you didn't let that go waste.

Suzanne H said...

You would never know that the papers were not printed correctly. Great save! I am always impressed in how you layer and coordinate. Lovely work!

CA Scrapper said...

Your card is so pretty. Thanks for joining our All You Need is Love challenge at Cut it Up.

Leslie

Fikreta said...

Its gorgeous card!
hugs

foleysfriend said...

So pretty. I love the herringbone effect with the patterned papers. I, for one, am glad that you saved the paper from the recycle bin. I like that you used both stamped butterflies and die cut butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations.

sue n.

Quillish said...

What a gorgeous card! I love those butterflies and that you used your scraps too. I do a fist pump when I can reuse them. Thank you so much for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations. Sending love ~ Ishani.

Di said...

Lovely card Kitty and a great save as well!

Hugs

Di xx

Donna Walls said...

Lovely card, do you have sleepness nights and just get up to create? I do, Thanks for entering in The Paper Funday Challenges and Best of Luck in the Draw! Donna, DT