Thursday, January 23, 2020

Masculine Birthday Card

Hello, everyone!  Before I get started, I would like to welcome my newest follower - Florence Bernier - thank you for joining me!  If you could please leave a comment with a link to your blog, I will hop over and follow you too!

Today I'm sharing a card I made for a male family member on his 50th birthday. I find it a challenge to make cards for guys, but I thought the beer stein was a good image as he does enjoy the occasional beer.


The image is Doctor Digi's House of Stamps - Pint (Colour) and I fussy-cut so I could pop it up on foam tape.  The patterned paper is from Basic Grey, and behind the beer stein is a square of brown jute.  I stamped the "Finest Quality" circle (Darcie's), punched a circle shape, and then separately stamped the 50 (number stamps from dollar store).  

I was inspired by the sketch at Crafting Vicky!  She's reviving her blog with a new sketch challenge so I hope you'll head over and check it out.  Crafting Vicky was the very first blog I followed way-back-when I first started blogging in 2013.   Now she creates YouTube videos, so here is a link to her channel.  I enjoy sketches so I wanted to join in!


I would also like to support the following challenges:
Crafter's Castle AG 1/3;
Crafty Cardmakers 248 AG C15 UE;
Incy Wincy AG 4/5;
Jan's Digi Stamps 6 AG 4/5;
Pammie's Inky Pinkies AG C10 1/3; 
The Outlawz Festive Friday Birthday UE;
Through the Craft Room Door AG 1/2;
Word Art Wednesday 422-423 AG w Uplifting Sentiment 1/5 wk2

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!

27 comments:

Bunny said...

This is a great masculine card. I love the brown jute you used. [Bunny]

Scrapper69 said...

Cool Printed mug image and I love the burlap - adds great texture to the masculine design!

Theresa

New Creations said...

Perfect Masculine card, love the backing paper and cute mug!

Margreet said...

Grea masculine card with the beer stein!
xxx Margreet

cotnob said...

A super masculine make Faith, a great image and papers.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Donna said...

Great masculine card, I struggled with masculine cards too so am trying to focus on more of them this year, wish me luck. Thanks for sharing the links, off to check them out. Hugs.

Donna said...

I'm back, The House That Stamps Built is anything goes this week, would love for you to join us!

Barbara Godden said...

Fantastic masculine card, I think most of us struggle with masculine cards we are too frou frou. (if that's a word) great use of the sketch and thanks for linking it as I love sketch challenges too.

Migdalia said...

Super cool and fun!! I always struggle with masculine cards.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Migdalia's Crafts

Linda Simpson said...

Such a fabulous card for a male, love the textures you have used.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome Kitty, I am sure it was warmly received.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A lovely masculine card for your family member, Kitty! It's great making birthday greetings with a good glass of beer, it seems just perfect for a man! :) Love the colours you choose, and that beautiful vintage patterned paper catches my eyes! The jute is a brilliant addition, as well your own sentiment, how fun with the double sense!
Have a lovely weekend!
Sending big hugs and love your way!

Fikreta said...

Gorgeous card!
hugs

Vickie Y said...

Fun masculine card! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge

Liz said...

Great masculine card, Kitty. Super image an I love the added texture of the jute. xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great card design for a guy! I used a beer stein for a gentleman's 69th a few years ago. And yours looks fantastic!

Aimeslee Winans said...

A perfect guy card. The burlap behind the stein looks nice. xoxo

Crafting Vicky said...

ahhhh thank you so very much for the nice words! That card is AMAZING and guy cards are so hard to make! Love it. Thank you for participating. It really means so much more than I can express.

Lisa Lynn said...

Kitty that is a perfect masculine birthday card. Great image and great sketch for it.

Maikreations said...

Great masculine card! I love the warm shading of the beer ;o) Thank you for playing along with our "Anything Goes" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers! Have a wonderful weekend and happy crafting, Maike ;o)

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Cool manly card! I don't enough of those! I really like the paper you used, it is pretty yet masculine. Neat card!

Alyson Mayo said...

Love that background paper and the beer mug is a great way to commemorate a 50th birthday. Nicely done!

Julie Odil said...

Very cute card! The beer stein looks real. Thanks for joining us this time at JDS Challenges. Julie, DT member.

Priya Satish said...

What a fun card. Nicely done. Thank you for joining us at the Crafter's Castle Challenge. - Priya Satish DT

Lena said...

Fun masculine birthday card, Kitty. I have this image and forgot all about it. Thanks for the reminder, especially with a few masculine birthdays I have coming up. It will be perfect :-)
Hugs,
♥ Lena
Lena’s Creations

Josephine said...

Fabulous male card.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

Jan Mahew said...

Karen, Steller masculine creation! I could see him blow the foam off the top and take a drink! Ha! Fantastic coloring! Thank you for sharing your macho creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge! Good Luck! HAPPY CRAFTING!
Hugs,
Jan