Friday, April 19, 2019

Spring Garden Kitty

Hello, everyone!  Today I'm sharing an embellished card - I haven't made one in a while!  This card is for someone special and will be hand-delivered.  I had a lot of fun playing with my new stamps from Repeat Impressions and my new dies from STAMPlorations!  I coloured the gorgeous stamped image with markers and added lots of flowers and embellishments to make this card interesting and fun!


Rubber stampRepeat Impressions 8201-P Home Without Cats (There is a sentiment frame on this stamp that says "A home without cats is like a garden without flowers," but I cut if off for this card because the recipient does not own a cat at this time.)
DiesSTAMPlorations Flutter Zen 2 Layering DiesSTAMPlorations Bloomdala Bliss Festive CUTplorations, Cheery Lynn Flourish Leaf Strip, lacy border, stitched scalloped square
Patterned paper:  EnoGreeting Lots of Flowers 6x6 paper pack
Recycled item:  Tea Bag Tag (see image below)
Other:  Yellow Stickles applied to edges of butterfly, Dew Drops (blue and yellow), metal heart charm that says "Made with Love," ribbon bow, various flowers from my stash

I recycled the tag from my tea bag, with its wonderful sentiment:


I also finished the inside of the card.  First I did a simple watercolour wash with Distress Oxides (although the colour faded back and it is barely noticeable in the photo).  Then I stamped the sentiment and stencilled the flowers, also with Distress Oxides.  Finally I added some punched butterflies.


Rubber stamp:  Repeat Impressions 9206-H Beautiful Days
Stencil:  STAMPlorations Happy Flowers - ARTplorations Stencil
Distress Oxides:  Watercolour wash (Milled Lavender, Scattered Straw, Worn Lipstick), stencilling (Worn Lipstick, Scattered Straw, Cracked Pistachio)
Die:  Large double-stitched square
Other:  Recollections butterfly punch, flower sequins

My card was inspired by a number of challenges.  First, The House That Stamps Built has three challenges that provided inspiration:
Repeat Impressions DCC43 ~ Use A Stencil (see inside of card)
Repeat Impressions Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge ~ A1019 (I went with Pastel Colours, Spring, Dew Drops)
Repeat Impressions Inspiration Palette Challenge ~ A1719 (I was inspired by the flowers)




Second, STAMPlorations has five challenges this month that inspired me:
STAMPlorations April Theme and Sketch Challenge Stamps and Watercolours (see inside of card)
STAMPlorations April Mixed Media Challenge Use a Stencil (see inside of card)
STAMPlorations CUTplorations April Challenge Inspiration Graphic (I was inspired by the colourful stripes and rainbow colours - I went with the pastel version - see front of card)
STAMPlorations TAGplorations April Challenge All About Recycling (the tag is the recycled item - a tea bag tag)



I also found inspiration at Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge #121, where the theme is Spin The Butterfly Wheel with E for Easel.  I went with E for Edge as I applied Yellow Stickles around the edge of the die-cut butterfly's wings.  And since I used so many snippets and scraps for my die-cuts, patterned paper, and recycled tea bag tag, I am also linking to Pixie's Snippet Playground #350

Snippets Playground Badge

One last look at my card:


I was also inspired by the following challenges: 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Critters - Furry, Feathered, Fantasy, Fairytale, Scaly, or Insect 5/5; A Gem of a Challenge AG 1/2; Allsorts Blossoms, Butterflies, Bugs 1/3; Ally's Angels AG 2/3; Cardz TV AG 1/3; Craft Stamper Take it Make It April AG Stamping 2/3; Crafting by Designs Color Challenge (I used pink, yellow, light blue, green, coral) 1/3; Crafty Calendar 1 Ribbon 2 or More Designer Papers 1/3; Crafty Catz AG w Optional Twist All Creatures Great and Small 1/3; Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper April UE; Creative Fingers AG 3/3; Creative Moments AG Optional Twist Spring or Easter 1/3; Die Cuttin' Diva's Animal Cruely Awareness 1/3; DL.ART April Linky AG UE 1/d; DL.ART Thankful ThursdayAnthing Spring Wk2 1/2; Fabrika Fantasy Flowers 1/3; Get Creative AG No Twist UE; ITD Creative Playground AG 2/3; Jo's Scrap Shack AAG 1/3; Kat Scrappiness Pastels UE; Let's Craft and Create AG Optional Beautiful Butterfles 1/3; Lil Patch of Crafty Friends AG 2/3; Mod Squad Use a Stencil (MSC) 1/3; Papercraft Business AG Optional Easter 1/3; Penny Black and More Spring 1/3; Pile it On Lots of Layers UE; Polkadoodles AG 1/2; Scribbles Designs Pastels 1/3; Simon Says Stamp Monday Beautiful Blooms 1/5; Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Spring Mood Board (I was inspired by the tulips, flowers, and spring theme) 1/5; SUYP Cats Only Furry-thing Goes UE; Tales from the Craft Room Spring or Easter 1E; The Artistic Stamper New Growth (tulips, butterfly) 1/3; The Cat's Pajamas Spring UE; Three Amigos Blog Hop Springtime UE; Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Easter Wishes and/or Animals UE; Word Art Wednesday 382-383 AG w Uplifting Sentiment 1/5 wk2; Yes...Virginia Show and Share with Virginia April 1/4 

Grab Our Badge

Thank you for looking at my card! Wishing you a joyful day!

54 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh my, such fabulous design and how many wonderful details to see here, Kitty!!!! Love, love, love looking all them! I enlarged the photos and they were more noticeable, WOW!!!
The stickles on the edges of the intricate butterfly and on the frilly centre of the voile yellow flower look great!! All the soft flowers are so delicate and just love those two tiny white and pink flowers at the right and left of the big pink one! The beautiful doily diecut on top and the border stripe at the bottom are delicious, as well the lovely leaves branches, how sweet!
There are a lot of layers and all them match so well together! The cute light blue gems are perfect to match the flowers, you coloured the image so well! Love the cute tiny bow with the recycled tag from your tea bag, such lovely sentiment!
Also the inside of the card is a delight with the sweet stencilled flowers on the stitched panel and the little butterflies with the flower bodies are so cute too!
A lot of work, but surely also a lot of fun! :) Your friend certainly will adore this card!
Big hugs and blessings across the miles!! Happy Easter!

Michelle said...

This is beautiful Kitty - your embellishments are gorgeous and the kitty looks the same shape as my kitty, Sybil - love this - Michelle x

Donna said...

How beautiful with the soft pastels and all you layering. Excited to see that you used your Repeat Impressions win and entered two of the challenges at The House That Stamps Built!

Bunny said...

This is a sweet card, Kitty. I love the recycled tea bag and the little charm. The coloring is beautiful. [Bunny]``

Andrea W said...

The pastel colours are lovely and I adore the image. Darling card!

Chandhini said...

Such a beautiful card, love how you combined various elements and challenges.

Wendy L said...

So beautiful inside and out, thank you for joining us at Allsorts. Xxxx

brenda said...

How very pretty Kitty, loving the soft pastel colours and your whole card just spells out Spring, thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts and Penny Black and More Spring challenges.

B x

New Creations said...

I love how beautifully you combined all the elements with details! Cute image with spring florals and I love the pretty butterfly in yellow! So cute Kitty!

Fikreta said...

its so very pretty card!

Fikreta said...

happy Easter !
hugs

cotnob said...

This is pretty, lovely pastel colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

terrie said...

I love your beautiful pastel card....I enlarged your picture so I could see all of your embellishments and they all go together so well and so many but it turned out fantastic....well done my friend and thanks for sharing it...
Good luck

Gail said...

This was truly some fun art time creating for you - so beautiful and love love all of it including that inside stencil goodness - just stunning! TFS at Mod Squad!

Debi said...

Absolutely lovely, Kitty!

Jolanda's Blog said...

Gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining our challenge at Let’s Craft and Create Good luck and I hope you’ll join us next time again.
Jolanda
(DT member)

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

What a stunning card and beautifully layered! I love the inside too! Thank you for joining us! Jeanie -Scrapbookingmamaw @ Proud PB DT Member
Be sure to join in on the fun with our Papercraft Business Challenges next time!

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning card, love the image and the gorgeous embellishments. Happy Easter.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Patti said...

Kitty you have created a delightful spring scene!! your friend is going to cherish this one!!!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Kitty. Glad you are hand delivering this as it would be a shame for the beauty to get squashed. I love the inside too, beautiful sweetie. I will be missing for a week, I will be getting webbed feet at The Lake District.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card inside and out. I love the wonderful pastel colors and that kitty image is darling as well.

Donna Ellis said...

What a delightful card, inside and out, Kitty! Your kitty reminds me of my own dear "big game hunter" stalking in the grass and flowers after some "prey" enticing her, only your kitty is wearing a smile, and mine wears an expression of intensity! LOL Your colorful garden is beautiful, inside and out! Happy Easter to you! hugs, de

Suzanne H said...

Your cards always have so much detail. I love those stamplorations dies too. Beautiful!

Lisa Lynn said...

WOW, this pastel card is so beautiful and you put so much thought and detail into it. You are just so creative. Have a Happy Easter.

Mrs A. said...

So pretty Kitty. I love the pastel shades and the cat hiding in the tulips just peeking out to say hello. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me. Hugs Mrs A.

Megan J said...

Hi Kitty, a super card, love all the flowers that the kitten is hiding in. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your fabulous card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

KandA said...

Oh Kitt, what a gorgeous card. I love the colours and all the fabulous details..... and the insert is so pretty xx

jimlynn said...

LOVE the pastel colors on this absolutely gorgeous card!! Fabulous!!
Lynn

Creaine said...

me again.......This is so lovely, thank you for sharing with us over here at Get Creative Challenges and best of luck with your entry.
Ine (DT) http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Esther Asbury said...

Wow! Such a pretty collage of embellishments around your RI cat stamp! Love the soft colors you used to showcase it!
Thanks for linking up to the Inspiration Board Challenge over on The House That Stamps Built!

Heather said...

Very pretty!! Love the soft colors and that gorgeous pink flower in the bottom corner! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built and Jo's Scrap Shack.

Heather said...

I was just here for the outside of your card and came back for the inside. : ) What a beautiful way to finish off the inside. The stencil is so pretty and that sentiment is one of my favorites from Repeat Impressions. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

EmmaT said...

Beautiful card inside and out. Love the image, reminds me of my 'furry gals' enjoying some time in the garden as they do daily. The old gal knows every plant in the garden and always notices if one goes missing or a new one turns up. EmmaT x

Virginia L. said...

Delightful card! I really love the inside of the card, too! So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL!

Aunty Sue said...

Great card thanks for sharing at Crafty catz this week and hope to see you back in the next challenge

Polkadoodles said...

Such a pretty project! Thanks so much for joining us at A Gem of A Challenge blog, good luck!https://pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.com/

Mummylade said...

Adorable spring colours! Thank you for entering our challenge at Allsorts with your creation.

creatingandsharingit.blogspot.com said...

Wow, I love it. Thank you for participating with us in the Pink Gems Challenge. Good luck with your entry.

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty spring card with lovely pastels and attention to detail! Thank you so much for playing along with the Penny Black and More challenge.
Linda

Susan Renshaw said...

Love how you have embellished this card!
Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge!
Susan
DT for Patterned Paper Challenge
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card, I love the image and great layout. Thanks for joining in our '1 Ribbon/2 Or More Designer Papers' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Hugs
Bev x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Working on catching up, here, Kitty, there is just too much awesome in every post of yours but I did remember that pretty lighthouse - HA! once again it knows its purpose as a directional beacon Heehee - now that I have feasted mine eyes on this gorgeous card front and swooned at the inside stenciling, I can thank you for teaching me a term for these. I will no longer say pile-it-on card, from here on out I will call them Embellishment Cards! That is much more descriptive and classy. Oh, the inside job on this card just completes the vision. A+++++! You've tingled my brain with all kinds of ideas - Thank you! xoxoxo

Jo said...

Kitty, your card is beautiful. I love that image & all the gorgeous detail! Thanks for joining me over at Tales From The Craft Room
hugs Jo x

Di said...

What a pretty card Kitty! I love the soft Spring colours you used - and of course the kitten peeking through the tulips is so sweet! Wonderful embellishments - and even the inside was decorated! A really special card indeed.

Hugs

Di xx

MariLynn said...

Love the pretty pastel color combos. The little butterfly was the first thing I noticed about your card. Thanks for sharing with STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge.

Monika Skinner said...

Another beautifully and cleverly recycled teabag tag! I'm loving your card! Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations TAGplorations challenge. Good Luck!

CraftyNatalie said...

Great creation. Thanks for joining us at Creative inspirations.

Chris Dring said...

Such a pretty card! What a great way to recycle that tea tag. Thanks for joining the fun at STAMPlorations theme & sketch challenge!

Suchi said...

Such a fun card...wonderful colors! Thank u so much for playing with us at STAMPlorations this month! Do join us again! :)

Suchi xx

Helen said...

Beautifully designed and so many great embellishments!

Thanks for joining us at the Creative Playground.

Helen x

ike said...

A wonderful card. I love that kitty. Your colour palette is gorgeous and the inside fantastic . Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges. =^..^=
Hugz
IKE x
My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Suze said...

Love the soft pastels. Beautifully coloured. Thank you for joining in the Pastels Challenge at Scribbles Designs.

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing it with at Scribbles Designs.

Helen x