For my easel card, I chose the adorable Snowflake Butterfly from Digi Blessings at Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet. This digi comes with the image and sentiment that I used on the inside of my easel. I coloured the cute image with Prismacolor pencils, die-cut into a circle, and added clear glitter and tiny gems to the snowflakes.
This is a Christmas card but I decided to go with non-traditional colours. I was inspired by the colour challenge over at The 12 Months of Christmas Link-up (see below). I created a little scene to celebrate the excitement and joy of the first snowfall of the season. The DP is from Bobunny's Snow Day, and the treed landscape was made by die-cutting Lawn Fawn's Forest Border twice and staggering them. The sentiment on the front of the easel is from Daily Happy Quote and I hand-cut each into a fishtail banner shape.
I added some other fun die cuts: Memory Box Precious Mittens, Impression Obsession Snowflakes Small (snowflakes on mittens), and Impression Obsession Christmas Icons (snowman and ornament). You will notice I used inlaid die-cutting for the ornament. To finish off the front, I added two strips of gems and some individual gems.
Here's a close-up of the sentiment that comes with this digi. The die cut along the bottom is Joy Craft's Ice Crystal Edge, and I added two tiny gems.
Here is the colour inspiration I mentioned earlier, and I believe I managed to use all but the yellow:
|The 12 Months of Christmas Link-up|
Please come over and join us at Glitter n Sparkle for our Easel Cards challenge. We have some fabulous prizes up for grabs again this week!
I would like to support the following fun challenges:
- Christmas Cards All Year 'Round Ornaments UE
- Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra April UE
- Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper April UE
- Digi Designs Fun/Fancy Folds 1/3
- Holly Jolly Christmas Trees
- Papertake Weekly Cute and/or Button 3/5
- Rudolph Day April 1E C10
- Stitchy Bear Stamps Facebook Group April AG UE
- 12 Months of Christmas Link-up Christmas with Optional Colour Challenge 1/3 (Top 3 and Random Winner)
- Winter Wonderland Sparkly and Bright (used gems and clear glitter) 1/3
Thank you for looking at my card! Wishing you a joyful day!