Sunday, July 31, 2022

Retro Picnic 1

Hello, everyone!  I'm still falling behind in visiting your blogs and will be around to see you soon!  In the meantime, today I will be sharing three retro picnic-themed cards.  This is the first one, which features a cute bear, kitty, and bunny.  

I adore these cute old-fashioned storybook images and have been collecting them for awhile. Some were purchased from Etsy (The Digital Chick) and some images/papers were freebies over the years (Graphics Fairy, Pixel Scrapper, Coffee Shop, Kaitlynn Sheaffer).  I fussy-cut and adhered the images to create a cute picnic scene, which also included two die-cuts (Lawn Fawn sun, unknown grass) and a punched butterfly (Recollections).  The sentiment was self-made in Microsoft Word.

Joining the following challenges:
Ally's Angels 59 July AG 3/3
DL.ART July Linky AG UE
I was inspired by the picnic theme, basket, 
stripes, grass, tree, and yellow/green/red/brown colours

Wednesday's Creative Inspirations July - Summer Sun UE
Word Art Wednesday 553-554 AG w Uplifting Sentiment wk1 3/5

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you peace and happiness!

12 comments:

Donna Walls said...

Oh My Goodness, these are precious images and a lovely card. I adore Vintage images and these remind me of Valentine's Day Card images. I've got to check out the Etsy Shop. Thanks for sharing with us at The Inspiration Station and we hope you'll play again soon!
Donna
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge

Helen said...

Such cute images and a great scene too.

Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Station.

Helen x

terrie said...

Such a cute card I also like the checkered background...your teddy is so adorable...your card is showing such a perfect day for a picnic.....TFS

Barbara Godden said...

Adorable images and your card is fabulously designed into a picnic scene. Super job.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Another real cutie Kitty.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Donna said...

Darling image and scene, so cheerful and uplifting!

Gina's Cards said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the sweet images and gorgeous scene. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx

Fikreta said...

Beautiful card!

hugs

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi dear Kitty!! I don't know why I lost these three posts!!
Thanks for your comments on my blog and I'm so happy to hear that you and Bryan are growing some vegetables!! Yay! :D About your answer about Kales, they need cold to become big, now it's still too hot! Lettuce need a bit of shadow. This year is too hot for a lot of vegetables, they grow too fast and go to seed before time. The plants that are doing better here are those that are in the shadow, the others aren't fine. I think you can plant again the kale, you are in time. I planted my zucchini again!
Your picnic card is delightful, love so much the old-fashioned images against the blue gingham and the whole scene! How cute!!! Life is a picnic full of ants, mosquitoes and blowflies!! Ah ah ah :D LOL Our unelected Prime Minister resigned, but the plans go on anyway... We’re in recession, the prices of light, gas and gasoline are tripled and a war seems on the step door. It's a stupid crazy world. Here life isn't easy and it seems that in a month or two it will be even worse.
Thanks so much for your positive thoughts and prayers! I pray too!!
Hugs, love and God blessings on your way, have lovely days ahead and enjoy life!!

Andrea W said...

Such a cute card!

Pamela Duncan said...

What a sweet card image. thanks for share with us on the Polkadoodles Challenge Blog ~ Pam, DT

Christin said...

Such a cute card! Thanks for sharing at Polkadoodles DigiChoosday! Christin