Wednesday, June 8, 2022

June Guest Designer - Christmas Craft Creations

Hi, everybody!  I'm happy to announce that I have been invited as a Guest Designer at Christmas Craft Creations for June!  Yay!  Our theme for the month is Trees, so I hope you can join us!  If you would like to view the challenge rules, they can be found on the sidebar here.


I made a set of three cards! 

I chose an older digital image from my stash called Winter Tree from Gingerloft (no longer in business).  I digitally changed the colour to blue, grey, and light blue and added a holiday sentiment beneath the image (Beccy's Place Christmas Blooms).  Using my paper trimmer I cut each image, along with the sentiment, into a rectangle and then rounded the corners.  

For the background I used Memory Box 3-D Embossing Folder Snowy Forest on white cardstock.  To create a snowbank that coordinates with the tree image, I tore some scraps of white cardstock and adhered.  The tree/sentiment panels are popped up with foam tape, and I added lots of glitter on the tree boughs. Below is a close-up so you can hopefully see the sparkle a bit better.


Please head over to Christmas Craft Creations and join our challenge! 


I would also like to join the following 10 challenges:
Digi Choosday 23 AG 1/2
DL.ART June Linky AG UE
Double D White with One Other Colour Only 1/3
Jan's Digi Stamps June AG 1/5
Pammie's Inky Pinkies 2223 Anything Goes 1/3 C10
QKR Stampede 445 AG 1/3
Word Art Wednesday 547-548 AG w Uplifting Sentiment wk 1 1/5

Thank you for looking at my set of cards!  Wishing you a joyful and carefree day!

17 comments:

Donna said...

Gorgeous trio of cards, I like the sparkle the glitter adds and the background embossing folder is perfect for this image! Congrats on your guest design spot!

Donna said...

I'm back to thank you for sharing your fabulous cards at Jan's Digi Stamp Challenge! Hope to see you again next month.

terrie said...

Congrats on being a guest designer and your cards are fabulous and so soft on the colors...well done Kitty.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi dear Kitty!! Big congrats! You are collecting a lot of Gd spotlights lately, so well deserved as your talent shines so much!! How creative and stylish cards you made for CCC!!! Absolutely LOVE the idea you had for the design of your cards with the tore cardstock as snow for the background and the way it follow the lines of the snow on the topper!!! The lovely trees are so realistic and very beautiful with the changed colours - the blue ones are my favourites - and the sparkling on them looks just amazing!! Very well done!!!
Big hugs and love across the miles! Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Barbara Godden said...

Congratulations on the GDT spot for June, Beautiful cards, love the EF and the card design. Love the tree, (I still have some gingerloft digis too).

Alyson Mayo said...

Oh, Kitty - these are just beautiful! I love the muted colours against the embossed background. You nailed it!

Jan Mahew said...

Stunning trio of Wintery Wonderland card, Karen! Love the Dry Embossing and the perfect fade of the image into the trees. Thank you for sharing your beautiful cards with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. I hope you will join us again. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Diane said...

Gorgeous cards!! Thank you for joining our fun at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
{Dies R Us}

Cynthia said...

Beautiful set of wintery cards. The simple embossed background is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

Jane Savage said...

What super stunning cards! Love the subtle change of colour on each!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

Gail said...

Your three tree cards are delightful =- congrats on your GD position I have never entered this challenge - I am off to create and enter TFS and have a blessed week!

R's Rue said...

Congrats. I love your cards. They are darling.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Suzanne H said...

I'm behind in my commenting! These cards a so lovely. I love how you've changed the colors on each. Very wintery. Congrats on the Guest DT posts!

Lena said...

Congrats on your GDT post, Kitty. Love the set of cards you made. Beautifully done! Lena xx

Gail said...

Thank you for dropping off your lovely art work at WAW-- I wish you the best in the draw for a great prize - have a blessed day! Gail DT

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Oh, these are beautiful Kitty!